ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Wyoming, plus $250,000 annual stipend 12 23.08%
Hawaii, plus $600,000 annual stipend 40 76.92%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 4, Heat 1 (and map of contestants)
Rain Man 08:35 PM 11-26-2021
We are down to our final eight contestants. We like the Rocky Mountains, the South, and Chesapeake Bay. Oh, and Hawaii.

Mansionmania rolls along with our juggernaut Elite 8 4th-round contestants. You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Wyoming:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M88490-96176

Hawaii

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M91907-82962
Attached: Mansionmania Round 3 Results.jpg (19.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:38 PM 11-26-2021
Well, this is a contrast of styles.

Both are fantastic. We've talked about them a lot. I really like the Wyoming house and I love the setting. I could get what I needed in Jackson.

But I'm a bit more social than that in a perfect world. Hawaii gives me a beautiful setting, a gorgeous house (even though I still don't like the compound setup), and I can get to Hilo and at least part of Maui.

I also like pineapple on my pizza, so I'll take Hawaii in this round.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:46 PM 11-26-2021
Damn, California had 3(?) mansions last round and got swept out?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:10 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Off the board. All of them off the board. The Ojai, the Bel Air, and the Golden Gate. I disapprove, but must serve the interests of the masses.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:21 PM 11-26-2021
I don't think I've every voted for the Hawaii house.
I've voted for the Wyoming house at least twice.

Maybe tourney fatigue is getting to me, but I am voting for Hawaii.

I think the recent turn to winter weather in my current area might have had some influence, but I think I will take the year round wonderful weather over 8 months of winter.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:30 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Hawaii gives me a beautiful setting, a gorgeous house (even though I still don't like the compound setup)
You can invite a bunch of guests, party all day and night if you want but make them sleep in another building. It's the perfect setup.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:37 PM 11-26-2021
Everything about the Wyoming house and setting appeals to me. Most of these places have been completely out of scale to any way I’d ever want to live. Not this one. It has solo spaces, intimate spaces, gathering spaces. I don’t have to put a thing right back in it’s place after using it. The land around it is breathtaking. There’s not another place in the competition that even comes close for me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 PM 11-26-2021
Hawaii and money? Yes please.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 PM 11-26-2021
I’m surprised they didn’t do better. I voted against them, but I’ve been counter to a lot of trends. I think it’s because Virus and I have converted souls to sell out for cash. I was a shore from the beginning.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:45 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
You can invite a bunch of guests, party all day and night if you want but make them sleep in another building. It's the perfect setup.
Yeah, but I don't really want to encourage house guests.
[Reply]
Otter 08:37 AM 11-27-2021
I dated a girl that worked in Hawaii for 2 years and she said the natives weren't too friendly to non-tourist residents.

But if I can get a good internet connection, Amazon delivery, and that view Wyoming is tempting. But the kitchen is very unremarkable for such an estate.

Hawaii it is.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:33 AM 11-27-2021
Once again, I'm voting against the will of the majority. The WY home is my favorite in the tourney.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:06 PM 11-27-2021
I said it the past two rounds, give me an outfitter tent and I would live in the Wyoming spot. Wouldn’t care what the house looked like, that location is my dream. I will live in those mountains one day.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:37 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m surprised they didn’t do better. I voted against them, but I’ve been counter to a lot of trends. I think it’s because Virus and I have converted souls to sell out for cash. I was a shore from the beginning.
I voted for Hawaii over San Francisco (didn't care for the SF house at all or the perpetually-early-Spring weather). The Tahoe vs LA was tough, but was surprised at hose decisive it was for Tahoe.

Alabama vs LA though... :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:04 PM 11-27-2021
I voted for Hawaii over San Francisco (didn't care for the SF house at all or the perpetually-early-Spring weather). The Tahoe vs LA was tough, but was surprised at hose decisive it was for Tahoe.

Alabama vs LA though... :-)
Pretty sure I voted for Alabama LOL

That house was fucking cool. And I've spent my time on a farm, and god fuck do I hate horses, and probably more importantly horse people. That probably skewed that one perhaps unnecessarily for me, but acreage and space that are just fucking oats (fuck oats too, while I'm at it, goddamned itchy ass bastards) just doesn't do a lot for me.

And a big appeal was LA, and LA just doesn't move the needle for me. It's easier to talk yourself into living near a 100K town as opposed to a 35M (?) town, when you're currently only within a 50K town currently.

My bad. But I'd probably vote that way again. That house was cool, even though I have no desire to live in Alabama and its associated humidity.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up