ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 71
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
BWillie 10:11 PM 11-21-2021
Very very difficult. We don't have the tie breaker. Outside of @chargers and @bengals though its easy wins.

I think we lose only one more game and finish 12-5.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:12 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by :
538's model says 9%. That seems a little low, but not far. Losing to the Titans made it pretty tough.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/
Originally Posted by carcosa:
lol
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
*buries face in hands*

As long as Mahomes doesn't get greedy, we'll be fine.

Go find some offs to fuck, Jake.
You guys going to scream/laugh at the computer program too?

Oh, who said anything about greedy, WTF are you talking about?

We are an offensive team whose offense is a mess. That is a bad formula.
If Mahomes doesn't start being his old stud self, it's doubtful that we get the #1 seed.

If you 2 weren't blind homers, you wouldn't think we'd get it either.

We already lost to 4 teams in the AFC; Chargers and Bills at home and Titans, Ravens. Those are our playoff competitors. Why are you going nuts about it being considered a long shot? I know, i know ... you are super homers who believe that thinking the Chiefs will win everything somehow makes you better fans than everyone else. When really it just makes you idiots. :-)
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:16 PM 11-21-2021
Win out and finish 13-4 I think the 1 seed is very likely. Lose 1 or more games there is no chance due to tie breakers all of our losses coming at the hands AFC opponents.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:26 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Win out and finish 13-4 I think the 1 seed is very likely. Lose 1 or more games there is no chance due to tie breakers all of our losses coming at the hands AFC opponents.
I'm not trying to ruin your hope, i'm really not ... even if we win out we are a game behind the titans and we've lost the head-to-head with them. We also lost the head-to-head to Ravens,Titans and Bills, all teams competing for top playoff seeds. The math doesn't look good.

The patriots look like they are getting better and better. That bastard Belicheck is always a PITA. He's the one that started the scheme that fucked with Superman Mahomes.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:29 PM 11-21-2021
The Bills are not a factor. They lose at least two more, if not more. The Titans have a chance to hold it but they have the Patriots this week. Not sure who we want there. I think the Ravens are going to struggle to win their division. I think we have as good a chance as anyone despite not having tiebreakers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 PM 11-21-2021
JakeF loves Alex. Nothing he says matters.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:33 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Bills are not a factor. They lose at least two more, if not more. The Titans have a chance to hold it but they have the Patriots this week. Not sure who we want there. I think the Ravens are going to struggle to win their division. I think we have as good a chance as anyone despite not having tiebreakers.
:-)

Your hope is inspiring me. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 10:34 PM 11-21-2021
huh
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:38 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

If Mahomes doesn't start being his old stud self, it's doubtful that we get the #1 seed.

We already lost to 4 teams in the AFC; Chargers and Bills at home and Titans, Ravens. Those are our playoff competitors. Why are you going nuts about it being considered a long shot? I know, i know ... you are super homers who believe that thinking the Chiefs will win everything somehow makes you better fans than everyone else. When really it just makes you idiots. :-)
Jeez, you are such a buzzkill sometimes. :-)

We just stomped the Cowboys and their #1 rated offense- doesn't that get at least 24 hours of positivity?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 PM 11-21-2021

Name an offense in the AFC that ISN'T a mess, pete. Err, I mean, Jake
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 PM 11-21-2021
JakeF is an Alex homer.

He has to shit on Patrick given ANY opportunity.

Secretly, he wishes he really was broken.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:57 PM 11-21-2021

If you believe that this is the same Chiefs team that lost those games, then I wonder what team you watched today.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:58 PM 11-21-2021
Seriously, Jake. If the Chiefs offense is a mess, name an offense in the AFC that's not a mess. All of them have glaring flaws that can be exploited and cause them to implode for any reason.

The Chargers are a bunch of flaming pussies.

Shitsburgh has no line and Big Ben sucks

Buffalo can't run and Josh Allen still has yet to prove he can clear the same hurdle that was/is being thrown at Mahomes

The Patriots have no talented players and are QB'd by a Trent Dilfer clone

Cleveland and Baltimore are both pure fucking messes right now.

Tennessee was a one-trick pony before Henry went down, and now they're missing that pony.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:03 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
JakeF is an Alex homer.

He has to shit on Patrick given ANY opportunity.

Secretly, he wishes he really was broken.
I really have a hard time believing that there's actually Alex Smith groupies out there.

Do some people really beat their meat to check downs and divisional round exits?

It's just a bizarre concept...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:15 PM 11-21-2021
When we were 3-4. Everyone thought the #1 seed and Home field advantage was gone. But, after today, is still a possibility.

We are 1 game back with 6 to play. Some teams have 7 games to play. Sure it’s a long shot. So was HFA in 2019 until Fitzmagic happened. Even if we are the #2 seed, we will get 2 home games to start the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 71
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up