ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 73
« First < 21616768697071 7273 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
meStevo 02:48 AM 11-13-2021
Imo this gets settled relatively quickly, the direction early motions go will decide the number of zeros involved.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:13 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Gruden’s NFL career… coaching and media… is basically over now so he has nothing to lose.
This regardless of a settlement he is going get the Pete Rose treatment.
[Reply]
TEX 06:50 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Does Gruden not need a motive for his law suit? Why would the NFL ruin him on purpose? To make him the scape goat in a bigger mess? To send a message? Is that the motive they will use in the court filing?
It's personal. Goodell and Gruden do not like each other... And one can sue anyone for any reason...One may not win, but one can do it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:20 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's personal. Goodell and Gruden do not like each other... And one can sue anyone for any reason...One may not win, but one can do it.
For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:30 AM 11-13-2021
All of this really is making the NFL look not so good.

Just another log pulled out of the Jenga stack.

I'm already losing interest in the games; it become more about the betting than the actual game.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:40 AM 11-13-2021
Nice timing Gruden sue crew. Primetime games, Monday night and Thanksgiving against the Cowboys
[Reply]
jd1020 07:46 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This regardless of a settlement he is going get the Pete Rose treatment.
I was all for getting Pete Rose into the HoF because I didn't see how betting on his team to win wronged the game, he served his time and he was starting to get talked about with reinstatement... and then it turned out he was a pedophile too... fuck that guy.

Grudens case is a bit different in that he called some people bad names in private emails. Naughty boy!

Those emails werent even sent when he was working in the NFL and the timing of their leaks is highly suspicious. The first one to leak was the Dumboriss Smith one and it turns out he was at that time up for a vote to keep his job. What better way to ensure your votes than by leaking an email that social media and news networks are going to run all over the news claiming he was just racially attacked? He kept his job by 1 vote. So now the NFL is dealing with a coach thats getting blasted all over the news for being a racist and they cant do anything about it because he wasn't an employee at the time, so they're just going to keep leaking emails until the Raiders cave and fire him for them. The investigation was into the Redskins and the only one punished is a dude that had nothing to do with that team and wasn't employed by the NFL at the time. Nothing to see here.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:11 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I was all for getting Pete Rose into the HoF because I didn't see how betting on his team to win wronged the game, he served his time and he was starting to get talked about with reinstatement... and then it turned out he was a pedophile too... fuck that guy.

Grudens case is a bit different in that he called some people bad names in private emails. Naughty boy!

From my understanding on Pete Rose would bet on his team on Monday and Tuesday but not Wednesday so that the bookies would figure the Reds would lose Wednesday and then he would know what pitchers sat and could bet on Thursday but still make money on losing Wednesday from the bookies. It's kinda like that NBA ref that told the bookies in the MOB what the refs would call fouls in big games and figure out who was going to win. Pete Rose basically manipulated the betting in his favor and there is a big rule in MLB for players not to bet on games.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:15 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
From my understanding on Pete Rose would bet on his team on Monday and Tuesday but not Wednesday so that the bookies would figure the Reds would lose Wednesday and then he would know what pitchers sat and could bet on Thursday but still make money on losing Wednesday from the bookies. It's kinda like that NBA ref that told the bookies in the MOB what the refs would call fouls in big games and figure out who was going to win. Pete Rose basically manipulated the betting in his favor and there is a big rule in MLB for players not to bet on games.
The comparison to the NBA ref isn't even remotely the same, imo. If Pete Rose bet on his team to win when he had his best pitchers on the mound thats not fixing anything, thats just smart. The NBA ref working with the mob telling them who is getting fouled is fixing games.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:45 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.
That's it. Thats the part I forgot. The Goodell pussy remark. Now it makes sense. Roger said fuck you bitch ass trick. Call me a pussy and pay the price asshole.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:48 AM 11-13-2021
The comparison to the NBA ref isn't even remotely the same, imo. If Pete Rose bet on his team to win when he had his best pitchers on the mound thats not fixing anything, thats just smart. The NBA ref working with the mob telling them who is getting fouled is fixing games.
Except that he was overthrowing his best pitchers and basically conceding games he didn't bet on by throwing all his junk out there. What he did wasn't smart. It was meant to hide that he was truly gambling on the game. The "Pete rose only bet on his team to win" baloney lots of people bring up is falling right into his trap.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:56 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Except that he was overthrowing his best pitchers and basically conceding games he didn't bet on by throwing all his junk out there. What he did wasn't smart. It was meant to hide that he was truly gambling on the game. The "Pete rose only bet on his team to win" baloney lots of people bring up is falling right into his trap.
I guess that puts Rose in the unique position of being the only manager in history to overthrow his best pitchers.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:37 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Good, I hope he wins.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:58 AM 11-13-2021
I guess that puts Rose in the unique position of being the only manager in history to overthrow his best pitchers.
Um, what? He threw Mario Soto on 3 days rest 19 times a year. That's almost criminal. And he always threw his worst starter in games he didn't bet on and then replaced him with his worst reliever, even when the games were close. Bill gullickson was his go to when he didn't bet on games. He killed Sotos career to make a few extra bucks.

Yeah, that's highly unusual to manage this way. Every game he didnt bet on, it was clear he made the least amount of effort to win. Blatantly. So he can save all his best arms for the games he did bet on.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:06 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Um, what? He threw Mario Soto on 3 days rest 19 times a year. That's almost criminal. And he always threw his worst starter in games he didn't bet on and then replaced him with his worst reliever, even when the games were close. Bill gullickson was his go to when he didn't bet on games. He killed Sotos career to make a few extra bucks.

Yeah, that's highly unusual to manage this way. Every game he didnt bet on, it was clear he made the least amount of effort to win. Blatantly. So he can save all his best arms for the games he did bet on.
Quick look at Mario Soto... yup, pitching more innings prior to Pete Rose taking over. Started 33 games in Rose's first year, no more than your typical ace starter today. Pitched 237.1 innings, not even top 10 for a pitcher back then. Didn't even make top 10 in innings pitched the next season when he started 36 games, tied for 9th in games started. Your argument for Pete Rose killing Mario Soto is dumb as fuck. He didn't start an abnormal amount of games and his innings weren't even an extreme high for that time.

And you act like there aren't rotations in a pitching staff. Like Rose just decided hes going to lose this game so he's putting his worst pitcher on the mound and its not just his spot in the rotation to start.

Look at this career and tell me all about how Pete Rose criminally detroyed Mario Soto's career. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...lylebe01.shtml
[Reply]
Page 71 of 73
« First < 21616768697071 7273 >
Up