ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 73
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
GayFrogs 05:20 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah, thats true as well... but now that the sports press has jumped in, its morphed into something akin to cancel culture

Lord I sure hope the Chiefs never get dragged into anything like this...
I feel like the chiefs won't hire any more borderline retarded hotheads after going through todd haley. The type of people who would get cancelled are mostly guys we wouldn't want. (not that I agree with cancel culture at all)
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:52 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Gruden might have wanted out anyway. He made a shitload of money, probably got a buyout on the remainder of his contract.

Time to kick up his feet and retire.
Nah his ego was too big to go out without completing the job. He does love the Raiders and fans but he is uber rich and is probably on his yacht drinking a fruity drink laughing. I am a Chucky fan because I am old but the team will probably be better without him to be totally honest. Still the same run run pass offense and does not know when to abandon the run.
[Reply]
jettio 06:05 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Weren't McVay, Shanahan, and LaFleur all at Washington around this time...?

You wanna talk about opening pandora's box...yeesh...
I’m going to guess you are closer to Gruden’s age than those guys. I would be surprised if younger guys like that memorialize grouchy political stuff in work email. Those guys are ambitious and not cursing the world for making it so hard to be a white male heterosexual.

Gruden may not have had time to piss and moan about this and that if he was on an NFL staff and did not have a job that gave him too much free time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:05 PM 10-13-2021
I think this is about control.

The NFL wants a winner in Vegas and Sunday's loss vs CHI made it clear that isn't happening with Chuckie there.

Deshaun Watson will end up a Raider.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:06 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I’m going to guess you are closer to Gruden’s age than those guys. I would be surprised if younger guys like that memorialize grouchy political stuff in work email. Those guys are ambitious and not cursing the world for making it so hard to be a white male heterosexual.

Gruden may not have had time to piss and moan about this and that if he was on an NFL staff and did not have a job that gave him too much free time.
I’m 38 you son of a bitch lol…I kid I kid.

Yeah you’re probably right…who knows though at this point.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:12 PM 10-13-2021
Everything 'woke' turns to s***. Donald Trump
[Reply]
jettio 06:12 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I’m 38 you son of a bitch lol…I kid I kid.

Yeah you’re probably right…who knows though at this point.
:-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:14 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Now that is being canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:28 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think this is about control.

The NFL wants a winner in Vegas and Sunday's loss vs CHI made it clear that isn't happening with Chuckie there.

Deshaun Watson will end up a Raider.
.You are nuts if you think they are gonna bring Watson in after what just happened.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:48 PM 10-13-2021
This means the raiders will go hard core after Eric Bienemy.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:04 PM 10-13-2021
Wonder what Al would have done. He was never one to cave to pressure from anybody
[Reply]
Stryker 07:07 PM 10-13-2021
Excellent news! FUCK Gruden, was never a fan of him - sans being let go by the Raiders then beat them in the SB! That was karma as I have ever witnessed! After that victory, forget him! I hope this kills the Raiders season.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:39 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Everything 'woke' turns to s***. Donald Trump
shut up and get out
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:43 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
.You are nuts if you think they are gonna bring Watson in after what just happened.
Hes still getting a check. Gruden would have been better off hitting and groping women. He would still have a job.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Wonder what Al would have done. He was never one to cave to pressure from anybody
Would've gladly fired Gruden on his own, I imagine. As far as NFL owners go, Al Davis was probably the most progressive of any of them.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 73
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up