ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 73
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:43 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is probably how the media got a hold of these.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...-football-team
The "journalist" is allegedly Schefter.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:48 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The "journalist" is allegedly Schefter.
Not allegedly

Originally Posted by :
Several emails between Allen and journalists are part of the filing too. In one of them from July 2011, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter sent Allen the draft of an unpublished story that was published later the same day.

“Please let me know if you see anything that should be added, changed, tweaked,” Schefter wrote. “Thanks, Mr. Editor, for that and the trust. Plan to file this to espn about 6 am ….”

ESPN released the following statement in response to the correspondence: “Without sharing all the specifics of the reporter’s process for a story from 10 years ago during the NFL lockout, we believe that nothing is more important to Adam and ESPN than providing fans the most accurate, fair and complete story.”

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:52 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not allegedly
Ah, so it's actually out now. Last I read yesterday they'd kind of vaguely mentioned it was him without outright confirming it.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:55 AM 10-13-2021
Weren't McVay, Shanahan, and LaFleur all at Washington around this time...?

You wanna talk about opening pandora's box...yeesh...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Gruden got cancelled

I'm sad because I was looking forward to 7 more years of Raiders mediocrity

now they might stumble into a decent coach instead of being 8-9 or 9-8 for years to come
The good news is that this might get Bieniemy the job.

Granted, you're not gonna get 7 more years of mediocrity out of him, but you'll probably get 3-4 before they move on and in the process we'll get a couple of draft picks...
[Reply]
64 Chief 08:26 AM 10-13-2021
Never a big fan of Gruden's often condescending attitude when he speaks. However this politically correct mob rule is ruining lives and this nation. Few among us have never said, thought or written something others might find offensive. Limits to our freedoms here should only be narrowly and carefully
proscribed, such as "fire" in a crowded theater or "bomb" on an airplane.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:31 AM 10-13-2021
How else do you think Schefter got his access? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Exactly.

This is the sausage getting made fellas.

All these guys who "know a guy" have given a whole lot of handjobs to get that insider intel.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:36 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
:-) Are you insinuating that you were taught the racist version of that in 3rd grade and you think the majority of people in this country were spouting off the same shit at that age? How old are you and where did you grow up?
Learned it from others. Not sure if it was meant to be racist. I am 52. Iowa.
Never said Tiger FWIW.

But in the age of wokeism-there is no forgiveness. Saying something that was not meant to be taken that way is still a chance to destroy someone.

Not forgiving chuckie. Not really paying attention to him. Just the raiders raidering.

this world is Fucked up in so many ways. Innocent things are twisted into racially motivated statements by others that have no clue.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will make me cancel you.
off to DC
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:53 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Learned it from others. Not sure if it was meant to be racist. I am 52. Iowa.
Never said Tiger FWIW.

But in the age of wokeism-there is no forgiveness. Saying something that was not meant to be taken that way is still a chance to destroy someone.

Not forgiving chuckie. Not really paying attention to him. Just the raiders raidering.

this world is ****ed up in so many ways. Innocent things are twisted into racially motivated statements by others that have no clue.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will make me cancel you.
off to DC
I think the way bigger story here is yet again the corrupt and powerful have found a way to do the worst of the worst things, yet successfully divert your attention by lobbing everyone else under the bus. How in the hell is this even a story about gruden and schefter while Snyder goes completely untouched. The woke pitchforks are focused on gruden and the opposite side is screaming cancel culture. Meanwhile the biggest villains just slide off into the background. How is it possible that after all the WFT bullshit, Snyder has become more powerful? That the worse this gets for gruden and schefter, the better it gets for Snyder, even though he's the reason for the investigation?

What gruden did was stupid and he deserves some shit for it. But it's just incredible that an espn guy who now coaches the raiders is the focal point of a leak that's supposed to be about the redskins.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:02 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well, it may fuck him over now that it's become public
Seen other journalists point at it and say "no, that's not normal behavior" even though it almost assuredly is. He's the top dog in that world, along with Rapoport, and it'll be interesting to see who tries to knock him down the ladder.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:03 AM 10-13-2021
Nobody will. That's how all the top level insiders work.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:06 AM 10-13-2021
Kevin Durant: "Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch!" :-):-):-) :-)

Gruden: "Rubber lips" sucks and the NFL commish is a faggot :-):-) Cancel him for LIFE! He's a homophobic racist!
[Reply]
jd1020 09:06 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

This is the sausage getting made fellas.

All these guys who "know a guy" have given a whole lot of handjobs to get that insider intel.
The Sausage King of Detroit is on the case.

Jon Gruden and Adam Schefter out here catching ricochet shots for an investigation into...Dan Snyder. People forget that.

— Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 10-13-2021
There is definitely a double standard. But it was convenient for the NFL and DeMaurice Smith. Agendas at work.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 73
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up