ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 73
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:14 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I always heard/used “tiger”. I assumed Tarantino made up the racist version for Pulp Fiction.
I heard the racist version. We said the racist version sometimes. But we were in like 2nd grade and didn't even know what we were saying.

We also sang:

Jesus Christ... super star... who in the hell do you think you are?
I don't know.
I don't care.
But who put jelly in my underwear?

and

Smash the pickles
Burn the lettuce
Shut up lady you upset us
All we ask is that you let us throw it away!

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:18 PM 10-12-2021
This shit is just a tiny tip of the tip of the iceberg of the stuff you know is said behind closed doors in the halls of power, with 99.9% of them not being so stupid as to put it in an email.
[Reply]
jettio 11:19 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
What does being a widower have to do with committing a criminal act?

Owners are supposed to be held to a higher code of conduct than players/coaches and yet Blowjob Bob Kraft was not even suspended a single game for getting arrested.
I thought the case was dismissed when judge granted motion to suppress evidence gathered in violation of law.

I don't recall the league ever suspending a player prior to the court case playing out when there is no identifiable alleged victim of violence or sexual assault.

Frank Clark's cases are charged as felonies, he is eligible to play because there is nobody that was threatened or subject to violence or sexual assault.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:20 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where do you work that you can send those emails and keep your job?
I'm indifferent to the whole thing. It was obviously very stupid and gruden deserves criticism. I also recognize the NFL is not like most work environments. You also wouldn't be able to get arrested and assault a woman and go back to your job either. I think the NFL has way bigger fish to fry starting with the emails from the WFT they were supposed to be investigating. There is something very sinister about how this whole thing went down.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:55 AM 10-13-2021
Seems like an apt analogy in many respects is Jeffrey Toobin. Interested to see if the future demonstrates a similar arc.

Both did something that people acknowledge is likely prevalent, but no one wants hard [npi] evidence made public. And neither can credibly say that's absolutely not who they are, but OTOH, it's eminently credible and feasible that it's a negligible part of how they comport themselves publicly and interpersonally.
[Reply]
Nixhex 06:42 AM 10-13-2021
NFL: We must cancel Gruden because he used gay and racial slurs 10 years ago via email

Also the NFL: Eminem will be performing at the NFL Superbowl halftime show this year
[Reply]
TLO 07:19 AM 10-13-2021
Victory lap around Arrowhead for everyone!
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:23 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm indifferent to the whole thing. It was obviously very stupid and gruden deserves criticism. I also recognize the NFL is not like most work environments. You also wouldn't be able to get arrested and assault a woman and go back to your job either. I think the NFL has way bigger fish to fry starting with the emails from the WFT they were supposed to be investigating. There is something very sinister about how this whole thing went down.
Gruden is getting Martha Stewarted for sure. Team WTF should be the focus. However, Gruden is a dumbass.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:23 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Victory lap around Arrowhead for everyone!
Yeah, that was really fucking stupid. I literally groaned when I heard about it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:25 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Gruden is getting Martha Stewarted for sure. Team WTF should be the focus. However, Gruden is a dumbass.

Martha Stewarted?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:28 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Martha Stewarted?
Fucked by Snoop Dog
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:33 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Martha Stewarted?
During the rampant criminality before the crash of 2008 and early oughts, for a time the only person to go to jail for their criminality was Martha Stewart
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:41 AM 10-13-2021
This is probably how the media got a hold of these.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...-football-team

Originally Posted by :
Jon Gruden emails were part of June court filing by WFT owner Dan Snyder

Several inflammatory emails by Jon Gruden were filed as exhibits in federal court by attorneys for Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder in mid-June, almost four months before they were leaked to two newspapers and led to Gruden’s resignation as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

The heavily redacted emails between Gruden and then-Redskins president Bruce Allen filed in U.S. District Court in Arizona include offensive language, chummy conversations with journalists — including an ESPN journalist referring to Allen as “Mr. Editor” while seeking feedback on an unpublished story he sent to Allen to review — and a barrage of complaints about the state of the NFL.

The emails are identical to some of those reported this week by the New York Times. That story detailed homophobic and misogynistic comments by Gruden in emails with Allen. A day earlier the Wall Street Journal reported Gruden used a racist trope in another email exchange.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:42 AM 10-13-2021
I'm just glad Gruden got to bilk woke ESPN of millions of dollars before any of this happened.

He won.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:42 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is probably how the media got a hold of these.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...-football-team
So Synder did this...that lines up.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 73
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up