ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3774 of 3903
« First < 2774327436743724376437703771377237733774 3775377637773778378438243874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 12:12 PM 10-30-2021
I bailed on my 3rd shot. I'm just not convinced yet.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:18 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. There's very little harm in doing it, but it's only a modest benefit. So you do you.
[Reply]
Fish 12:31 PM 10-30-2021
New study showing that vaccination might give better lasting protection than infection after all.

Laboratory-Confirmed COVID-19 Among Adults Hospitalized with COVID-19–Like Illness with Infection-Induced or mRNA Vaccine-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Immunity — Nine States, January–September 2021

What is already known about this topic?

Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 vaccination can provide immunity and protection against subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection and illness.

What is added by this report?

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
New study showing that vaccination might give better lasting protection than infection after all.

Laboratory-Confirmed COVID-19 Among Adults Hospitalized with COVID-19–Like Illness with Infection-Induced or mRNA Vaccine-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Immunity — Nine States, January–September 2021

Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 vaccination can provide immunity and protection against subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection and illness.

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).
This might be the equivalent of the CDC's Kentucky "study".

This @CDCgov study in @CDCMMWR has a major statistical flaw, and the 5x conclusion is wrong. It implicitly assumes that hospitalized respiratory patients are representative of the population, which they are not. Trying to connect with authors. https://t.co/dCQv6VLENU

— Martin Kulldorff (@MartinKulldorff) October 30, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:38 PM 10-30-2021
So basically people will just pick whichever study they want to believe and move on.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:53 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
This might be the equivalent of the CDC's Kentucky "study".

They didn't include people who were vaccinated or had previous infection longer than 179 days. Which is right at the 6 month mark when vaccine effectiveness is supposed to start waning.

These type of studies from the cdc makes it hard to trust anything they say.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 04:15 PM 10-30-2021

Take data from only hospitalized respiratory patients from 9 states. Discard any data other than between 3 and 6 months after vaccination or prior infection.

Then claim on that sample vaccinated people have greater long term immunity than people with prior infection.

In what world is 3 to 6 months long term? Why only hospitalized respiratory patients? Why only these 9 states?
[Reply]
O.city 06:18 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/rajeevjayadevan/...138501131?s=21
Read this thread Nirvana it might help
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:03 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I was waffling too until I went to see my primary care doctor last week. He told me to definitely get it especially since my 2nd dose was Jan 6th. He said he got his booster and flu shot at the same time with no issues and he is about the same age as me. So I said **** it I will do it.

I will admit I am having alot more immune responses from the booster than I ever did with the first 2 Pfizer shots. I have some arm pit pan, muscle aches and cold chills so far after 28 hrs.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:21 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So basically people will just pick whichever study they want to believe and move on.
I don't think we, as a society, are capable of having much of a discussion that is based on facts for anything mildly complicated or politicized.

And that's probably about all that's appropriate for the non-DC thread.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:11 PM 10-30-2021
Read this thread Nirvana it might help
I did a quick skim through. Will do a better deep dive when I have more time.

Looks like the doctor is saying that unvaccinated and vaccinated equal out at 6 months because the unvaccinated developed natural immunity through exposure or infection.

Seems like it is a case against boosters and would confirm that natural immunity is just as effective as the vaccine.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:27 PM 10-30-2021
Always aspirate. Bad shit can happen if you don’t.

Ask me how I know
Thats what we were trained to do 30 years ago in paramedic school. Always aspirate, then inject.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:28 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

Looks like the doctor is saying that unvaccinated and vaccinated equal out at 6 months because the unvaccinated developed natural immunity through exposure or infection.

Seems like it is a case against boosters and would confirm that natural immunity is just as effective as the vaccine.
Thanks Nirvana for your input. I appreciate all views and you have always seemed very sharp and well informed.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:28 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thanks Nirvana for your input. I appreciate all views and you have always seemed very sharp and well informed.
Thank you sir. I believe most people are just trying to make the best decisions for themselves their families.

With so much disinformation out there on both sides. It can be extremely difficult to know what that is.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:35 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

So you can either get the vaccination or Covid.
[Reply]
Page 3774 of 3903
« First < 2774327436743724376437703771377237733774 3775377637773778378438243874 > Last »
Up