ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3772 of 3903
« First < 2772327236723722376237683769377037713772 3773377437753776378238223872 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 07:32 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Some things I've read point to shots hitting blood vessels as the main reason for myocarditis. So who gives you your shot may be pretty damn important.
Don't all shots hit blood vessels?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:37 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Don't all shots hit blood vessels?
While all shots will pierce some capillaries, the thought is that the shot hitting a vein in the shoulder leads for a more direct path for the drug to reach the heart. If you are injecting it into the muscle itself, you form a quasi depot, which is slowly absorbed by the surrounding vasculature. If you were to accidentally inject into a vein, that will reach the cardiac tissue much faster.

This is why practitioners were taught in the past to aspirate the needle before injecting--to check and make sure that they weren't in a blood vessel. With most IM shots now it isn't considered an issue, but the thought has arisen with these rare cases of myocarditis that aspirating before injecting the needle would avoid injecting the vaccine directly into the bloodstream.
[Reply]
O.city 08:16 AM 10-22-2021
Always aspirate. Bad shit can happen if you don’t.

Ask me how I know
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:18 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
From the article:

So in theory it should bring effectiveness up to the level of the other two. Note that this is just the advisory panel. The FDA has to then make a recommendation, and then the CDC has to weigh in. It's entirely possible that it will be toned down like the others have (e.g., only for high risk). I'm guessing that it'll be approved for everyone 18+, though, given the relatively low effectiveness otherwise.

I can't say I'm looking forward to it. It laid me on my ass for about 36 hours last time. But I'd definitely feel a little better being in crowded areas with it.
The J&J shot did that? I felt zero side effects from it.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:20 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The J&J shot did that? I felt zero side effects from it.
Yep. Got the shot at 6:30pm on a Friday. Felt fine all evening. Woke up around 2am shivering like crazy with a fever of 103.5F. Spent the day Saturday shivering and sore.

Felt completely fine on Sunday aside from feeling a bit fatigued.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:25 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yep. Got the shot at 6:30pm on a Friday. Felt fine all evening. Woke up around 2am shivering like crazy with a fever of 103.5F. Spent the day Saturday shivering and sore.

Felt completely fine on Sunday aside from feeling a bit fatigued.
Crazy how much it can differ among people, but I suppose that's been the theme with this virus all along. I'd have a hard time getting in line for a booster if I had gone through that.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:30 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Crazy how much it can differ among people, but I suppose that's been the theme with this virus all along. I'd have a hard time getting in line for a booster if I had gone through that.
I'm definitely planning on getting it on a Friday again in case it knocks me out again. But it's just so variable. I've talked to other people who had bad experiences with the initial round of Pfizer and didn't feel a thing with the booster, so who knows?
[Reply]
TLO 08:40 AM 10-22-2021
Probably going to do a flu/covid booster on a Friday in the near future. The 2nd dose of Pfizer knocked me on my ass for a day or so. And I typically get mild symptoms from the flu shot. May as well get them on a Friday, feel crummy for a day or so, then be ready to go back to work Monday.
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:02 AM 10-22-2021
I had no side effects from my J&J shot. Maybe it depends on where it was manufactured. Mine was from a place called 'Placebo'. Said so right on the side of the vial.
[Reply]
TLO 10:13 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I had no side effects from my J&J shot. Maybe it depends on where it was manufactured. Mine was from a place called 'Placebo'. Said so right on the side of the vial.

[Reply]
TLO 02:27 PM 10-27-2021
Gonna go get boosted on Friday after work.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:48 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Gonna go get boosted on Friday after work.
No plans on getting boosters for anyone in my household. Maybe if things go crazy again and it seems like the best option then but not now.
[Reply]
TLO 02:51 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
No plans on getting boosters for anyone in my household. Maybe if things go crazy again and it seems like the best option then but not now.
Fair enough. The boost in efficacy vs symptomatic illness and the potential to lessen transmission to my fragile population of clients is the reason I'm going for it. If not for my profession, I'd probably skip the booster too.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:41 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Fair enough. The boost in efficacy vs symptomatic illness and the potential to lessen transmission to my fragile population of clients is the reason I'm going for it. If not for my profession, I'd probably skip the booster too.
Sounds like solid reasons to get boosted.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:02 AM 10-28-2021
I can't remember if fluvoxamine was mentioned here as a possible COVID treatment, but looks like it passed a larger trial and is seeking NIH and WHO recommendation.

https://news.yahoo.com/cheap-antidep...223735055.html
[Reply]
Page 3772 of 3903
« First < 2772327236723722376237683769377037713772 3773377437753776378238223872 > Last »
Up