ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3767 of 3903
« First < 2767326736673717375737633764376537663767 3768376937703771377738173867 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:34 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Big assumption. I know of no one specifically that has to wear a mask that can make one disposable last all day.

Don't get me started on teenagers and kids.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:35 AM 10-08-2021
One more item for today and then I'll leave you all alone because I know some of you won't be convinced no matter if reality hits you in the face.

CDC: Schools With Mask Mandates Didn’t See Statistically Significant Different Rates

Originally Posted by :
In particular, the CDC’s findings are not helpful to politicians and bureaucrats who continue to argue that students must be masked during school.

“Whether [students] are vaccinated or not, they need to wear a mask,” Dr. Anthony Fauci said during a recent panel discussion streamed online.

For this reason or some other, the CDC determined to not include its finding that “required mask use among students was not statistically significant compared with schools where mask use was optional” in the summary of its report, which has received very little media attention to date.
Originally Posted by :
Masks are no longer simply a matter of individual or public health. Bear in mind, children face a low risk of falling sick or being hospitalized with COVID—with or without a face mask. Small children are far more likely to die of the flu, a car accident, a swimming pool, cancer or some other ailment than COVID-19, CDC data show. The battle of school masks mandates has now become a political conflict, part of a larger struggle between the individual and collectivism.
Originally Posted by :
Martin Kulldorff, a professor at Harvard Medical School who studies infectious diseases, recently observed that the way we’re treating the spread of COVID-19 is unique compared to other pandemics throughout human history.

“For thousands of years, disease pathogens have spread from person to person. Never before have carriers been blamed for infecting the next sick person,” Kulldorff noted on Twitter. “That is a very dangerous ideology.”

Indeed it is.

Whether masks promote health is unclear—many Europeans without mask mandates have far lower COVID mortality rates than the US. What is far more certain—in light of the lessons of history—is that a healthy society is one that empowers individuals with choice and freedom.
https://fee.org/articles/cdc-schools...2020_FEEWeekly
[Reply]
DaFace 10:47 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
One more item for today and then I'll leave you all alone because I know some of you won't be convinced no matter if reality hits you in the face.

CDC: Schools With Mask Mandates Didn’t See Statistically Significant Different Rates

https://fee.org/articles/cdc-schools...2020_FEEWeekly
Are you under the impression that that site is trying to provide an unbiased opinion? Or did you read the CDC study they're referencing? I mean, the key findings of the study include:

Originally Posted by :
COVID-19 incidence was 37% lower in schools that required teachers and staff members to use masks and 39% lower in schools that improved ventilation. Ventilation strategies associated with lower school incidence included dilution methods alone (35% lower incidence) or in combination with filtration methods (48% lower incidence).
Why do you think the article you posted ignored the overall findings and cited one specific statistic among many in the article? If you want to stop being confused by biased reporting, stop reading sites that have no interest in being unbiased.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:58 AM 10-08-2021

The main problem is these things often come from places like "fee.org" or medium, etc... no idea what fee.org is or why I should believe them over anyone else,, but many others are basically blogs made to look like professional research done by people who obviously have axes to grind.

And not that the CDC or anyone else is 100% objective, but there's also a difference between recommending things out of extreme caution and people who hate the mandates finding data that supposedly supports their opinion.

You can take a clump of dirt and throw it through a screen door and it'll stop something, even if it's only stopping 1% of the dirt... that's basically the same reasoning for masks and even just a bandana, that it's better than nothing as long as everyone is following the mandates, aren't constantly touching their face and taking off their mask, etc.... and we know that stuff isn't happening.

Taking a quiz made specifically for confirmation bias won't change the science around the effectiveness of masks, even if the true effectiveness isn't met in real life situations. A motorcycle helmet can be 95% effective (no idea if that's true and masks are like 30%) in saving the life of every test crash dummy, but IRL if your (or mine or anyone) dumb ass doesn't put it on correctly or decides to drive 100mph in the rain or randomly takes it off and constantly fidgets with it, no one would be surprised when you're part of the 5%. That doesn't make the helmet less effective from it's intended use in a vacuum with no human idiocy to skew the numbers.
[Reply]
NotDonger 11:01 AM 10-08-2021
“For thousands of years, disease pathogens have spread from person to person. Never before have carriers been blamed for infecting the next sick person,” Kulldorff noted on Twitter. “That is a very dangerous ideology.”
That's actually not accurate:

https://www.history.com/news/1918-pa...alth-campaigns
[Reply]
penguinz 11:03 AM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
That's actually not accurate:

https://www.history.com/news/1918-pa...alth-campaigns
Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:48 AM 10-08-2021
My daughter in high school with mask mandates says there is a cold going around. Kids are sniffling in class but cant wipe or blow their noses while wearing masks and mucous is running out until it starts escaping the masks under the chin. Thats pretty disgraceful
[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 10-08-2021
Making it a moral outrage if you get covid is dumb. It’s no ones fault
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:10 PM 10-08-2021
Over 56 thousand replies I hope this doesn't affect the server
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My daughter in high school with mask mandates says there is a cold going around. Kids are sniffling in class but cant wipe or blow their noses while wearing masks and mucous is running out until it starts escaping the masks under the chin. Thats pretty disgraceful
Wait, how is a cold bypassing the all-protective masks? :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:50 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Making it a moral outrage if you get covid is dumb. It’s no ones fault
:-)
[Reply]
penguinz 12:59 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Viruses that cause colds can spread from infected people to others through the air and close personal contact. You can also get infected through contact with stool (poop) or respiratory secretions from an infected person.

https://www.cdc.gov/features/rhinoviruses/index.html
[Reply]
R Clark 01:02 PM 10-08-2021
Was in drs office the other day ( masks required) my oxygen level was 85 percent with a mask 97 percent without it . He had me remove the mask .
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:04 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-)

Originally Posted by jdubya:

(I assume that was TiC and found it amusing)
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:07 PM 10-08-2021
And WTF are kids in school spreading colds? Fuckin' parents, if it's one thing we should have learned in the past year and a half is to stay the fuck home if you're sick.
[Reply]
Page 3767 of 3903
« First < 2767326736673717375737633764376537663767 3768376937703771377738173867 > Last »
Up