ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3760 of 3903
« First < 2760326036603710375037563757375837593760 3761376237633764377038103860 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 05:31 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
These were promises made by the people leading the US Covid response.

I bet I can find equally silly hyperbole from Canada.

Were these people lying? Uninformed?

Or were they hyping products...like a used car salesman for Pharma interests?
I follow Canadian politics even less and have never listened to Tam speak or read any of her quotes but I am sure you can find some hyperbole , plenty of idiots everywhere.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:34 AM 10-02-2021
Remember when Biden said if you get vaccinated you can't get sick?

Remember when the CDC director Walensky said if you get vaccinated you can't spread the virus?

Remember when Fauci stated these vaccines were almost 100 percent effective against hospitalizations and death?

No wonder you're lashing out.

I would be upset too if I got suckered like you did.
You can always go back and Monday morning QB this but my guess the science at the time pointed them that way.

You come across as you think you are prefect but have said many stupid things like there wouldn't be a vaccine. How dumb were you?
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 AM 10-02-2021
These were promises made by the people leading the US Covid response.

I bet I can find equally silly hyperbole from Canada.

Were these people lying? Uninformed?

Or were they hyping products...like a used car salesman for Pharma interests?
Delta changed it.

Not that difficult to understand. Viral kinetics are a bitch sometimes
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 AM 10-02-2021
https://twitter.com/apsmunro/status/...908695042?s=21
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 10-02-2021
https://twitter.com/muradbanaji/stat...373943814?s=21

So yeah, India didn’t “do well”
[Reply]
Monticore 08:06 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You can always go back and Monday morning QB this but my guess the science at the time pointed them that way.

You come across as you think you are prefect but have said many stupid things like there wouldn't be a vaccine. How dumb were you?
On a list of trustworthy professions, I wonder where his would rank , you can really blame him for having trust issues.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:46 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
On a list of trustworthy professions, I wonder where his would rank , you can really blame him for having trust issues.
We can probably all agree he would rank ahead of Fauci...:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:26 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

I said there wouldn't be a vaccine?

Now you're making things up. But I guess I feel dumb for the hypothetical character you created.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:27 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We can probably all agree he would rank ahead of Fauci...:-)
On this subject I would trust Fauci more than a salesman who thought the vaccines were given people the shingles virus.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:27 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Delta changed it.

Not that difficult to understand. Viral kinetics are a bitch sometimes
So the worldwide experimental vaccine program didn't account for coranviruses slowly mutating?

Jeez, I don't know if this is supposed to make me feel better.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:30 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
On this subject I would trust Fauci more than a salesman who thought the vaccines were given people the shingles virus.
Link?

Or is this a propaganda technique where you just lie so much that you hope to muddy the waters.

You're the genius who claimed these vaccines would be superior to natural immunity.

I guess you were wrong.

BTW, if this is your mastery of the medical field maybe you shouldn't comment on other occupations.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 10-02-2021
So the worldwide experimental vaccine program didn't account for coranviruses slowly mutating?

Jeez, I don't know if this is supposed to make me feel better.
Kinetics aren’t the same as mutations.

But they’re still holding up as they were supposed to so far.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:37 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kinetics aren’t the same as mutations.

But they’re still holding up as they were supposed to so far.
Delta was a mutation which you blamed their bad predictions on.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 10-02-2021
Delta was a mutation which you blamed their bad predictions on.
You’re right, I didn’t specify my stance very well.

The mutation lead to a change in kinetics and replication. It didn’t really lead to a change in binding induced antibodies but more so out ran them. Hence my kinetics terms.

I also don’t think I’d be throwing stones about “bad predictions” no matter which side you stand on.

No one has really gotten this right
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:41 AM 10-02-2021
I said there wouldn't be a vaccine?

Now you're making things up. But I guess I feel dumb for the hypothetical character you created.
:-)

I would prefer to get Covid instead of a rushed vaccine.

I doubt they will solve this anytime soon anyway...there has never been a successful coronavirus vaccine created before.

[Reply]
Page 3760 of 3903
« First < 2760326036603710375037563757375837593760 3761376237633764377038103860 > Last »
Up