ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2770 of 3903
« First < 1770227026702720276027662767276827692770 277127722773277427802820287032703770 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 04:10 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I didn't know that Sweden has what they call a Summer Holiday from June 10-Aug 17th where hardly any one goes to work. The government is telling people to continue to work from home when the Summer holiday is over through autumn\winter.
Sweden is such a completely different culture that comparing America to them is stupid. I've been saying that for months. People just automatically assume every other country operates like the US.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:13 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Sweden is such a completely different culture that comparing America to them is stupid. I've been saying that for months. People just automatically assume every other country operates like the US.
That goes both ways though. We can't say "look at what other countries did" and then say "who cares what other countries did", if you get my point.
[Reply]
tk13 04:16 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That goes both ways though. We can't say "look at what other countries did" and then say "who cares what other countries did", if you get my point.
Where did I ever say who cares what other countries did? I never said that. I literally said from the beginning that we can't compare ourselves to Sweden because they're a different country than us. Norway and Finland are too. That's why I repeatedly compare the three, but you just keep trying to drift this off to argue about God knows what. You are the only one here using Sweden as a model of what we should be doing.
[Reply]
tk13 04:18 PM 08-03-2020
Three months ago. Get out of here with your revisionist bullshit. You're just a troll.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=24622
[Reply]
petegz28 04:19 PM 08-03-2020
Where did I ever say who cares what other countries did? I never said that. I literally said from the beginning that we can't compare ourselves to Sweden because they're a different country than us. Norway and Finland are too. That's why I repeatedly compare the three, but you just keep trying to drift this off to argument about God knows what. You are the only one here using Sweden as a model of what we should be doing.
I wasn't saying you specifically. JFC, man you need a drink or a joint or something.

And I am not the only one who has referred to Sweden but whatever.
[Reply]
Pants 04:22 PM 08-03-2020
Where did I ever say who cares what other countries did? I never said that. I literally said from the beginning that we can't compare ourselves to Sweden because they're a different country than us. Norway and Finland are too. That's why I repeatedly compare the three, but you just keep trying to drift this off to argue about God knows what. You are the only one here using Sweden as a model of what we should be doing.
I think his point is that we should not look at the success other countries had with masking up and enforced social distancing. It's a dumb point, but I don't think he was attacking you necessarily.
[Reply]
tk13 04:23 PM 08-03-2020
I wasn't saying you specifically. JFC, man you need a drink or a joint or something.

And I am not the only one who has referred to Sweden but whatever.
No, 150K people are dead because of stuff like this. I just think it's horrible and the way people like you act is appalling. But the truth is you have no remorse and you get perverse joy out of doing this and twisting the knife, so there's really no point to be here and bother with this.
[Reply]
sedated 04:26 PM 08-03-2020
I'm legit curious, any examples?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:26 PM 08-03-2020
No, 150K people are dead because of stuff like this. I just think it's horrible and the way people like you act is appalling. But the truth is you have no remorse and you get perverse joy out of doing this and twisting the knife, so there's really no point to be here and bother with this.
Dude are you on crack or something?
[Reply]
tk13 04:32 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm legit curious, any examples?
The US was just built on rebellion. If their government told them to wear masks, they'd do it.

And as I said earlier, this is a sticky point but it's a heck of a lot easier to say "F it" when if you get this thing your hospital bill won't be that bad. It's just a much different system there. Here if you go to the hospital you're going to rack up bills. There you're going to be out what, 100 bucks?

They're also a much smaller country. Herd immunity is going to be way easier to pull off there, if you really thought that was the strategy. If it's true that you only need to reach 20% of people getting it due to antibodies, that's like 2 million people there. For here in the US that's like 70 million people. That's a lot of deaths and a lot more time to get there.

And that doesn't even get into dirk's point that everyone there has like 5 weeks mandatory holiday time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:32 PM 08-03-2020
Somewhere along the line tk spawned into bosschief
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:39 PM 08-03-2020
Dude are you on crack or something?
He's right. You're here trafficking in nonsense on a subject you know nothing about, and this kind of thing is why we're having a second wave and why people won't take common sense precautions.
[Reply]
TLO 04:42 PM 08-03-2020
Three months ago. Get out of here with your revisionist bullshit. You're just a troll.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=24622
What did I do?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:44 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
He's right. You're here trafficking in nonsense on a subject you know nothing about, and this kind of thing is why we're having a second wave and why people won't take common sense precautions.
Okay, Mr. Ethical Skeptic. I didn't realize you were such the expert when it comes to these matters. Perhaps you can post some more tweets you agree with until people flip you shit about it? It's all my fault the virus didn't go away. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:44 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
What did I do?
Nothing, he's being an asshole.
[Reply]
Page 2770 of 3903
« First < 1770227026702720276027662767276827692770 277127722773277427802820287032703770 > Last »
Up