Page 737 of 934
« First < 237637687727733734735736737 738739740741747787837 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:02 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Bought some ADM and Bungee. Heard some pretty compelling arguments for it on the Money Talks podcast and looks to have set back some.

We’ll see what happens.

Conversely, Chevron is fucking killing my ass. I bought when fuel prices were rising. Because Chevron right? That appears to be almost the high. Fuck.

Anybody else have Chevron? Thinking of getting out?
Hey LEW

What does your technicals program say about ADM and Bungee?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 AM 08-11-2021
Hey LEW

I just trade on straight technicals, looking for sideways consolidation and buying on breakout. Nothing attractive for AMD with all those recent red candles and larger volume on recent sell off. You’d have looked at a good technical entry on July 27 and your position would be closed by now with recent sell off.

Ticker on Bungee?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:34 AM 08-11-2021
Hey LEW

Originally Posted by lewdog:
I just trade on straight technicals, looking for sideways consolidation and buying on breakout. Nothing attractive for AMD with all those recent red candles and larger volume on recent sell off. You’d have looked at a good technical entry on July 27 and your position would be closed by now with recent sell off.

Ticker on Bungee?
Is that Bunge? BG?

I've had some BG for years. It mostly just sat there and I kept pulling my finger off the trigger to sell it only because I figured it was better than just converting it to cash. Then for some reason this year it took off.

It's up 20 percent over the past five years and up 68 percent over the last one. I'm glad this last year happened.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:09 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is that Bunge? BG?

I've had some BG for years. It mostly just sat there and I kept pulling my finger off the trigger to sell it only because I figured it was better than just converting it to cash. Then for some reason this year it took off.

It's up 20 percent over the past five years and up 68 percent over the last one. I'm glad this last year happened.
Yeah, sorry. Bunge not Bungee.

Rally in the commodities gave them some more flexibility in retailing grain. I waited until now, because the usage from the higher prices should be hitting the books in earnest this quarter. (Bought the grain from my dumbass - well others like me - for cheap and are selling it for much higher)

I was more excited about ADM because I think ethanol is (finally) picking back up and they own a shitload of ethanol plants.

EDIT: Maybe I should be more excited about Bunge. They run a lot of beans and there wasn't any canola in the northland so the crush plants are paying up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:11 PM 08-11-2021

Ticker on Bungee?
ADM - Archer Daniels Midland not American Micro Devices.

BG for Bunge (I'm a dumbass and can't spell).
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:50 PM 08-11-2021
30 more shares of AMC today. When this bitch squeezes I'm gonna make Kyle an offer he can't refuse for this site and fuck with all of your usernames, rep and post counts.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:49 PM 08-11-2021

I’ll get both charts tonight and post what I see.

Xoxo
Lewdog
[Reply]
lewdog 05:01 PM 08-11-2021

ADM- Two very consistent breakout points that would have been good for buying as noted. I do not like to reach more than 1% above a buy point on a stock, so I would not be buying now, but that's just my rule. It also has 5 green days in a row, so buying now would feel like reaching. If it drops back near the $60 breakout you could maybe consider an entry but your stop would be very low, probably the low of 8-6 so your risk is less than 2%. Seeing the stock drop back to the breakout is never an ideal entry either.

I'd prefer to see the stock move sideway and consolidate on it's recent move up before I'd consider entry.

BG- Chart is ugly. Too many large candles and not enough tightness in movement for me to consider entry as you'd likely have to risk a lot on entry and it's a very high chance you'd get stopped out. The selloff was on large volume recently too. I'd like to see more consolidation on the candles for a few weeks before considering this one.

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:50 PM 08-11-2021
ADM- Two very consistent breakout points that would have been good for buying as noted. I do not like to reach more than 1% above a buy point on a stock, so I would not be buying now, but that's just my rule. It also has 5 green days in a row, so buying now would feel like reaching. If it drops back near the $60 breakout you could maybe consider an entry but your stop would be very low, probably the low of 8-6 so your risk is less than 2%. Seeing the stock drop back to the breakout is never an ideal entry either.

I'd prefer to see the stock move sideway and consolidate on it's recent move up before I'd consider entry.

BG- Chart is ugly. Too many large candles and not enough tightness in movement for me to consider entry as you'd likely have to risk a lot on entry and it's a very high chance you'd get stopped out. The selloff was on large volume recently too. I'd like to see more consolidation on the candles for a few weeks before considering this one.
Good to know. Thanks.

We'll see how well my industry analysis works. As in it probably won't.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:55 PM 08-11-2021
Good to know. Thanks.

We'll see how well my industry analysis works. As in it probably won't.
I trade on straight technicals though. I’m just reading the chart based on numbers, looking to make profit in a few days to weeks and get out. Doesn’t mean these won’t go up from here but there’s no defined low risk entry currently and I only trade with defined entries/stops that are low risk.

Your analysis could be spot on and if you’re comfortable waiting it out, you might do well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:07 PM 08-11-2021
I trade on straight technicals though. I’m just reading the chart based on numbers, looking to make profit in a few days to weeks and get out. Doesn’t mean these won’t go up from here but there’s no defined low risk entry currently and I only trade with defined entries/stops that are low risk.

Your analysis could be spot on and if you’re comfortable waiting it out, you might do well.
Yeah. I know what you’re doing. I was hoping ADM would hit your buy signals. bunge i knew wouldn’t.

Just hoping for confirmation.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:40 PM 08-11-2021
Is there an app or a service where you can punch in a ticker and it will do a dumbed-down TA of a chart for you giving percentages/recommendations? Basically a lewdog in program form?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:45 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Is there an app or a service where you can punch in a ticker and it will do a dumbed-down TA of a chart for you giving percentages/recommendations? Basically a lewdog in program form?
I doubt it.

Mostly because there’s tons (literally) of ways or strategies that people use technical analysis or certain patterns to trade. If there was something universal, we’d all be making money.

I’m self taught (over a few years) using a few strategies/patterns that work for my style of trading.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Sure. But you have have to pick a program and set it up in whatever program you’re using.

I know trade navigator will do it for the commodity markets.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:20 AM 08-12-2021
Bought an extra 100 shares of AMC just to swing trade. Seems to be hovering between 32-37 , Looks like you can buy at 32 put in a sell order at 37 and make some profit. Rinse and repeat. TSLA isn't moving so I need another trade. Anyway I figure if I get caught in AMC crashing down to 15 it's going to trigger the squeeze. If I get stuck on the upside I'll profit too.

Anybody know is there a way to set up a sell order that would follow an increase in price but not let it drop past a point? A regular trailing stop loss won't do that.
[Reply]
Page 737 of 934
« First < 237637687727733734735736737 738739740741747787837 > Last »
Up