Page 719 of 934
« First < 219619669709715716717718719 720721722723729769819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:36 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Bought some DPZ puts. this move is just silly.
Strike and date?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:46 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I dont even feel like going into all over again, but there is a plethora of information out there on AMC and what is happening. Look into it, dig deep and you'll understand. Or be skeptical without doing any research, doesn't matter to me.
The problem is that I haven't really seen anything that doesn't come across as a bunch of conspiracy theories.
[Reply]
neech 02:16 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’m thinking of taking out a low interest loan(0.9%) & investing it in AMC.

Am I nuts?
That wouldn't be a wise thing to do.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:17 PM 07-22-2021
I dont even feel like going into all over again, but there is a plethora of information out there on AMC and what is happening. Look into it, dig deep and you'll understand. Or be skeptical without doing any research, doesn't matter to me.
Will buy at $25 and not a penny more.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:59 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The problem is that I haven't really seen anything that doesn't come across as a bunch of conspiracy theories.
Then you haven't looked very hard.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Will buy at $25 and not a penny more.
So you'll buy after a huge drop to $25 but couldn't hold on when you had it in the $10's? That makes sense.
[Reply]
banyon 03:49 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Strike and date?
7/30 505
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:07 PM 07-22-2021

Am I nuts?
I would consider doing that with bitcoin as it's just inevitable it goes back to 50K plus. With AMC I would not do that , especially in your situation. If it tanked you'd have screwed away a fortune.
[Reply]
kstater 04:09 PM 07-22-2021

Am I nuts?
So you put your life savings in to it, now are thinking of taking a loan? Get help.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:12 PM 07-22-2021
It was a positive stock day, but pretty much all FAANG stocks.

It annoys me a bit that I try to stay diversified, and over the past decade I'd be way better off if I just had everything in FAANG stocks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:17 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It was a positive stock day, but pretty much all FAANG stocks.

It annoys me a bit that I try to stay diversified, and over the past decade I'd be way better off if I just had everything in FAANG stocks.
I was actually figuring FAANG stocks performance today as I was thinking the same thing.

Last 12 months:

AAPL 57%
AMZN 15.7%
NFLX 49%
GOOG 63%
FB 44%

AMZN is the laggard and I suspect it's due to it's extreme price. I don't understand why they don't do a 10:1 stock split.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:24 PM 07-22-2021
Then you haven't looked very hard.
Isn't that exactly what conspiracy theorists always say?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:33 PM 07-22-2021
https://twitter.com/lucidmotors/stat...600887808?s=21
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:25 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Isn't that exactly what conspiracy theorists always say?
Maybe? But you literally haven't looked very hard because the information is out there and easy to find. And it's not all conspiracy theories, there's undeniable proof of astrinomical dark pool trading, naked shorts, millions of synthetic shares and of retail owning the float three times over. It's not sustainable and the bubble has to burst eventually. Or the government may step in, shut it down and bail them out again like they did in '08. Either way SOMETHING will happen. The people who predicted the housing market crash were called crazy too, and look how that turned out.

Honestly I don't even know why I just typed all this out, believe it or dont...it doesn't matter.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:08 PM 07-22-2021
Maybe? But you literally haven't looked very hard because the information is out there and easy to find. And it's not all conspiracy theories, there's undeniable proof of astrinomical dark pool trading, naked shorts, millions of synthetic shares and of retail owning the float three times over. It's not sustainable and the bubble has to burst eventually. Or the government may step in, shut it down and bail them out again like they did in '08. Either way SOMETHING will happen. The people who predicted the housing market crash were called crazy too, and look how that turned out.

Honestly I don't even know why I just typed all this out, believe it or dont...it doesn't matter.
Most of the people who predicted the housing market crash were short for several years beforehand and went bankrupt.

Most of the people who predicted high inflation post-financial crisis went bankrupt.

Most of the people who predicted that the world financial system would end because of x, y, and z went bankrupt.

Most of the people who are crazy and predict things that are crazy go bankrupt. If it makes you feel better to cite the few that don't, go for it.

But don't pretend you're amongst those few success stories because it's not like you're some contrarian going after something alone based on your own due diligence that goes against the grain.

Your entire analysis is trite and stale and based on basic web searches that - according to you - are "easy to find."
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Most of the people who predicted the housing market crash were short for several years beforehand and went bankrupt.

Most of the people who predicted high inflation post-financial crisis went bankrupt.

Most of the people who predicted that the world financial system would end because of x, y, and z went bankrupt.

Most of the people who are crazy and predict things that are crazy go bankrupt. If it makes you feel better to cite the few that don't, go for it.

But don't pretend you're amongst those few success stories because it's not like you're some contrarian going after something alone based on your own due diligence that goes against the grain.

Your entire analysis is trite and stale and based on basic web searches that - according to you - are "easy to find."
I met a guy at a commodity conference in I think 09 that was pretty in depth on monetary policy. At lunch this dude this dude that was selling a newsletter singing the virtues of buying gold and this customer of his. The customer told me he sold his combine and put it all in gold. Soybeans won't matter much come midsummer....

I was like uhhhh...wut. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I was enjoying the conversation up until then, but immediately discredited everything he said, and wanted nothing to do with wackadoo bean farmer.

Soybeans still mattered midsummer.
[Reply]
Page 719 of 934
« First < 219619669709715716717718719 720721722723729769819 > Last »
Up