ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 286
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
In58men 10:01 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
DiCaprio runs circles around the two.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't say run circles, just watched Wolf of Wall Street last night. I would say McConaughey had a better performance in Dallas Buyers Club. Of course Wolf of Wall Street was better movie though.
[Reply]
Ceej 10:11 AM 02-22-2014
I sure wish Ed Norton Jr. would star in another movie soon.

Where the fuck has he been?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:21 AM 02-22-2014
Norton and Will Smiff both need to get back in the game. Too much talent to be fucking around.
[Reply]
In58men 10:40 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I sure wish Ed Norton Jr. would star in another movie soon.

Where the **** has he been?
The Grand Budapest Hotel brah

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:40 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Norton and Will Smiff both need to get back in the game. Too much talent to be ****ing around.
I think every star has a set period of time where they are "on top" or " hot".

That time for these two has probably passed, but they are both solid actors and will be around for a long time. Will Smith especially, still holds alot of name value.

It's amazing that Tom Cruise has been a marquee star for 30 years. That just doesn't happen very often, even in the old days.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:43 AM 02-22-2014
I saw Pompeii with my girl last night. Pretty much what I thought- bad acting but great special effects. Keiffer Sutherland was laughable. He plays a Roman General with a ghey British cockney accent-lol Probably the worst script and acting since Attack of the Killer tomatoes-lol

But in 3d when the volcano finally blows-it was a fun ride.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:45 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Norton and Will Smiff both need to get back in the game. Too much talent to be ****ing around.
Will had a minor role in anchorman 3 and in Winters Tale. I think he is laying low after his latest big box office bomb After Earth. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:45 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think every star has a set period of time where they are "on top" or " hot".

That time for these two has probably passed, but they are both solid actors and will be around for a long time. Will Smith especially, still holds alot of name value.

It's amazing that Tom Cruise has been a marquee star for 30 years. That just doesn't happen very often, even in the old days.
You're probably right, but these two didn't even seem to taper off or have a stretch of putting out shit quality before disappearing. They literally just fell off.

I understand Will is focusing more on putting his son in Hollywood but I'm not sure what's up with Norton.
[Reply]
-King- 10:53 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Will had a minor role in anchorman 3 and in Winters Tale. I think he is laying low after his latest big box office bomb After Earth. :-)
Will doesn't care about that movie bombing. That movie was all about getting his son screen time.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:54 AM 02-22-2014
That movie was fucking horrendous. I really hate Will Smith's son.
[Reply]
Ceej 11:07 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
The Grand Budapest Hotel brah

Fucking dumb.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:34 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Ceej:
****ing dumb.
Srsly? Not a Wes Anderson fan, I take it?
[Reply]
Bambi 12:44 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Matthew MccConaughey's a guy who's been knocking it out of the park recently. He's gone from some kinda beefcake rom-com guy to an actor that should be mentioned among the best. "Mud", "Dallas Buyers Club" "True Detective", etc.

I've heard it termed : "The McConnissance"
Put Magic Mike in there too. I fantastic movie imo.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:48 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Has anybody watched Runner Runner with Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck? Looks decent enough, just haven't been inspired enough to rent it yet.
Better than the rating most ppl have given it but still probably something you wait until its on TNT and watch itbbefore you go to bed. It just feels like someone put it together in two days
[Reply]
Ceej 01:08 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Srsly? Not a Wes Anderson fan, I take it?
That trailer reminded me of the Royal Tennenbaum's for some reason. I did not like that movie at all.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 286
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up