ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Wyoming, plus $250,000 annual stipend 12 23.08%
Hawaii, plus $600,000 annual stipend 40 76.92%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 4, Heat 1 (and map of contestants)
Rain Man 08:35 PM 11-26-2021
We are down to our final eight contestants. We like the Rocky Mountains, the South, and Chesapeake Bay. Oh, and Hawaii.

Mansionmania rolls along with our juggernaut Elite 8 4th-round contestants. You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Wyoming:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M88490-96176

Hawaii

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M91907-82962
Attached: Mansionmania Round 3 Results.jpg (19.2 KB) 
[Reply]
burt 01:59 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Off the board. All of them off the board. The Ojai, the Bel Air, and the Golden Gate. I disapprove, but must serve the interests of the masses.
Who you calling a mass????
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:07 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Pretty sure I voted for Alabama LOL

That house was fucking cool. And I've spent my time on a farm, and god fuck do I hate horses, and probably more importantly horse people. That probably skewed that one perhaps unnecessarily for me, but acreage and space that are just fucking oats (fuck oats too, while I'm at it, goddamned itchy ass bastards) just doesn't do a lot for me.

And a big appeal was LA, and LA just doesn't move the needle for me. It's easier to talk yourself into living near a 100K town as opposed to a 35M (?) town, when you're currently only within a 50K town currently.

My bad. But I'd probably vote that way again. That house was cool, even though I have no desire to live in Alabama and its associated humidity.
My internal debate throughout the tournament has been wanting acreage and to be away from people, while still having larger city amenities/sports/events/etc. And I've mostly sided with being near big cities because I think being rich helps a lot with big city problems.... traffic doesn't bug me nearly as much when I'm not driving (and I'm sure it's even nicer if I could be drinking in the back of a town car).

The Alabama house is really nice, along with the acreage... and I also think the perfect California house would be on huge acreage between LA and San Diego, far enough away to have some goddamn peace and quiet, but with an endless number of things to do if you choose to ever leave your mansion.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:17 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
My internal debate throughout the tournament has been wanting acreage and to be away from people, while still having larger city amenities/sports/events/etc. And I've mostly sided with being near big cities because I think being rich helps a lot with big city problems.... traffic doesn't bug me nearly as much when I'm not driving (and I'm sure it's even nicer if I could be drinking in the back of a town car).

The Alabama house is really nice, along with the acreage... and I also think the perfect California house would be on huge acreage between LA and San Diego, far enough away to have some goddamn peace and quiet, but with an endless number of things to do if you choose to ever leave your mansion.
Can you do car service on 250K though?

I mean, I haven't done any real numbers, and frankly, my take home dollars would go a LONG way without a mortgage or utilities, but I'm not sure 250K would get me to car service. Especially if I'm changing anything on the property. You know my ass is going to be springing for wagyu brisket and shit long before a car service.

Eliminate resource scarcity and Cali looks and feels differently.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:29 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Can you do car service on 250K though?

I mean, I haven't done any real numbers, and frankly, my take home dollars would go a LONG way without a mortgage or utilities, but I'm not sure 250K would get me to car service. Especially if I'm changing anything on the property. You know my ass is going to be springing for wagyu brisket and shit long before a car service.

Eliminate resource scarcity and Cali looks and feels differently.
Well, maybe just the really nice Lyft option.... Lyft Max or some shit.

But yeah, even without a mortgage and property taxes, $250k isn't that extravagant. I'd only use the helipad on really special occasions. :-)
[Reply]
oldman 03:21 PM 11-27-2021
I'm not wowed by either location since neither are near a major metro. I don't mind being out of the hassle of big city living, but I do like living close enough to enjoy those amenities. In this round it comes down to be living in a warm place or living in a place that's subject to sub-zero temps 4-5 months a year. Fuck that noise. Give me HI.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:52 AM 11-29-2021
Oh, thank goodness Hawaii will probably survive this round.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up