ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 24
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:27 AM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've never read the novelization and I'm lesser for it.

It’s worth the time. It’s fast read and Stover is a fucking poet.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:21 AM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
FYP
Thanks. Never been good at the maths.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:32 PM 09-16-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
To be honest, I was disappointed in the fight choreography of the Baylan/Ahsoka fight. Not sure what was up with that, but it was pretty weak.
I wondered if Ray was up to a more vigorous fight scene while watching it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:10 AM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I wondered if Ray was up to a more vigorous fight scene while watching it.
That's a good observation.

Dawson is what, mid-40s? And Stevenson was apparently not really healthy/well.

The physical abilities of the actors can be limiters, too. With a TV-type budget, they may not get into the green screen/stunt double stuff as much as they can in film format, with that level of budget.

And no matter what, nothing will ever look as dynamic and fluid as animation.

Christensen is a pretty amazing swordsman. I'll see if I can dig up the footage of what the face off between he and Dooku was scheduled to ORIGINALLY look like.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That's a good observation.

Dawson is what, mid-40s? And Stevenson was apparently not really healthy/well.

The physical abilities of the actors can be limiters, too. With a TV-type budget, they may not get into the green screen/stunt double stuff as much as they can in film format, with that level of budget.

And no matter what, nothing will ever look as dynamic and fluid as animation.

Christensen is a pretty amazing swordsman. I'll see if I can dig up the footage of what the face off between he and Dooku was scheduled to ORIGINALLY look like.
This is what I was curious of.

I kinda got to thinking that maybe it's just that Christensen is damn good at that stuff.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 AM 09-18-2023
There's tons of footage of him working with McGregor and others on it. Remember seeing some footage of cut sequences from the Mustafar duel and he was busting ass with the stunt coordinator.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 09-18-2023

Man, some of this looks better than the final cut.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:57 AM 09-18-2023
This is what I'm assuming Duncan is talking about.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:32 AM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:

Man, some of this looks better than the final cut.
Yeah, they ended up cutting some of this because there were parts they couldn't sub Christopher Lee out for, and he just was not physically capable of pulling off at his age.

Same thing happened with the Palpatine fight. I don't think there's test footage of that, but it was supposed to be way better than it ended up being.

Again the novelization of it is pretty fantastic.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 12:47 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
There's tons of footage of him working with McGregor and others on it. Remember seeing some footage of cut sequences from the Mustafar duel and he was busting ass with the stunt coordinator.
Hayden Christensen was poorly served by Star Wars. He was widely criticized for his "whiny" Anakin, but I think he gave Lucas exactly what he wanted.
[Reply]
007 08:02 PM 09-19-2023
Gee what could be in those boxes?
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:56 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Gee what could be in those boxes?
Right, I want to say maybe less screen time for the non combative ninja turtles and more screen time for the cool shit. However it is staying true to form of traditional Star Wars genre of allocating time to the weirdest of irrelevancy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:08 PM 09-20-2023
I to rewind Thrawn's beginning monologue because of sensory overload
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 09-20-2023
There were zero "Man, dat ass!" moments in this episode.

They're slipping.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:03 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Right, I want to say maybe less screen time for the non combative ninja turtles and more screen time for the cool shit. However it is staying true to form of traditional Star Wars genre of allocating time to the weirdest of irrelevancy.
I would call them furless ewoks with shells. Pretty sure I see where this is going.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 24
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up