ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:42 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
If anyone doesn't think there is fucking collusion between the owners now.........

Former MVP, sub 30... Can't get ONE TEAM?

You telling me Atlanta and Indy are NOT interested?
It's not a collusion issue. He is a flawed QB who is seeking a huge guaranteed contract that not only does the signing team have to fit under their cap they have to give up substantial draft compensation as well. He has also finished the last two seasons injured and his best season was 4 years ago. He has shown the inability to win in the playoffs and he really is more of an athlete than a QB.

Owners aren't colluding. They are just smart and risk averse when it comes to players like Lamar who aren't adaptable to any system and have huge flaws in their game. It doesn't help that he isn't exactly a member of MENSA and he is stupid enough to think he can do all of this without an agent.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 AM 03-30-2023
Yeah you are right I would never trade two first round picks for...

(Checks notes)

A QB sub 30 who has a MVP...........

Meanwhile Cleveland........
Running QBs age in dog years compared to pocket passers, and he certainly hasn't played at an MVP level the last 2 years, even ignoring the injuries.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Shields68:
If you even were considering it, you would have to be stupid to do so before the draft. I mean he would have to be someone you thought would get you to the playoffs. Which case why not use the fairly high 2023 pick and figure your going to have a mid to high 20's pick in 2024 and 2025. Further why not put some pressure on Baltimore and the situation. See what they do, see if the relationship blows up even more...just maybe they come down on the 2 firsts and just maybe if you do a sign and trade, Jackson becomes more realistic with something to prove.

But I am not sure the 150 million gets it done, looking north of 200.
That's why I said $150 + million minimum. Yeah, you are probably right that it's looking north of $200 million. That is what is scaring off teams. Jackson is good, but not that good.

To me, the best thing overall would be to just lift the tag and let him test the market. I get why Baltimore isn't doing this, but I am getting to a point where I would be surprised if Jackson ever suits up for the Ravens again. At least if they let him walk they can plan accordingly. If not, no team will give up picks and the contract he supposedly wants.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 03-30-2023

(Checks notes)

A sub-30 QB who had an MVP 3 years ago and since has failed to finish two straight season. That's all with a 1-3 record in the playoffs. And he's a running QB whose body won't stand up to the wear and tear.

You act like the guy has zero warts. He has a ton.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:46 AM 03-30-2023

(Checks notes)

How long will he be able to milk this MVP, considering he hasn't even come close to playing at that level since? Cleveland is an awful example and just because they do stupid things does not mean other teams should copy that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How long will he be able to milk this MVP, considering he hasn't even come close to playing at that level since? Cleveland is an awful example and just because they do stupid things does not mean other teams should copy that.
Yeah, imagine using the Factory of Sadness as some sort of positive example of how to do...well...anything.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 03-30-2023
Harbaugh won that MVP for Lamar. I can remember during that season that the Ravens would be throwing inside the redzone when they were up by 21 in an attempt to inflate Lamar's numbers.
[Reply]
TEX 09:23 AM 03-30-2023
If anyone doesn't think there is ****ing collusion between the owners now.........

Former MVP, sub 30... Can't get ONE TEAM?

You telling me Atlanta and Indy are NOT interested?
NOT with his flaws and for the guaranteed money he wants. It takes an issue this crazy for all the owners to use common sense. The Browns did something very stupid, of course, and nobody else is willing to be as stupid. Its not collusion.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:28 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
It's not a collusion issue. He is a flawed QB who is seeking a huge guaranteed contract that not only does the signing team have to fit under their cap they have to give up substantial draft compensation as well. He has also finished the last two seasons injured and his best season was 4 years ago. He has shown the inability to win in the playoffs and he really is more of an athlete than a QB.

Owners aren't colluding. They are just smart and risk averse when it comes to players like Lamar who aren't adaptable to any system and have huge flaws in their game. It doesn't help that he isn't exactly a member of MENSA and he is stupid enough to think he can do all of this without an agent.
Yup, the owners don't want to set the precedent and Jackson just isn't a guy who is worth setting the precedent for.

But if Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, or Herbert had a shot at testing the open market as Jackson is, I am fairly certain there would be a handful of owners who would have no issues whatsoever giving those guys fully guaranteed deals.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:42 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I hope he sits out this season and then signs for $140m guaranteed next offseason and all the dipshit Lamar apologists spout off like it is some kind of win.
I'm not really a Lamar apologist. I do think he's a good QB and great football player, though, plus he is exciting to watch so I'm rooting for him in that regard. He's also not douchey (like Josh Allen) and doesn't have a punchable face (like Joe Burrow). He had them at 8-4 and in 1st place in the AFC North before he got hurt. They lil bro the Bengals when he's in the lineup, which I find hilarious given how cocky they've gotten over the last couple years.

These guys have such a limited window to maximize their earning potential. If he ends up sitting out a year, I don't think I'd consider it a "win". I mean, I suppose it's possible based on the final details of the contract he signs, but I feel like these guys are best off striking while that iron is hot.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:53 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, the owners don't want to set the precedent and Jackson just isn't a guy who is worth setting the precedent for.

But if Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, or Herbert had a shot at testing the open market as Jackson is, I am fairly certain there would be a handful of owners who would have no issues whatsoever giving those guys fully guaranteed deals.
I'm not sure Jackson fully appreciates the level of concern people have about his health. Even in his MVP year, I was never fully sold on the guy because running QBs just don't last in the NFL. I feel for him because he really is at worst a top 10 QB in the league, and other guys are getting paid who deserve it less. But the reality is, if he wants to truly get a chance at the big bucks, he's gonna have to bet on himself and lower his expectations about guarantees.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:01 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
NOT with his flaws and for the guaranteed money he wants. It takes an issue this crazy for all the owners to use common sense. The Browns did something very stupid, of course, and nobody else is willing to be as stupid. Its not collusion.
I would think that if it were collusion it would be more about trying to set a precedent that players who do not have agents are going to be treated differently.

Lamar's biggest mistake is representing himself. All to save 3%.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:06 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not really a Lamar apologist. I do think he's a good QB and great football player, though, plus he is exciting to watch so I'm rooting for him in that regard. He's also not douchey (like Josh Allen) and doesn't have a punchable face (like Joe Burrow). He had them at 8-4 and in 1st place in the AFC North before he got hurt. They lil bro the Bengals when he's in the lineup, which I find hilarious given how cocky they've gotten over the last couple years.

These guys have such a limited window to maximize their earning potential. If he ends up sitting out a year, I don't think I'd consider it a "win". I mean, I suppose it's possible based on the final details of the contract he signs, but I feel like these guys are best off striking while that iron is hot.
While I agree with all and also the bolded part, but I think that iron might be too hot and he could be burning up the best possible contract he could get. I don't believe he should accept a lowball offer, but at some point he will have to give some, especially if his demands for a fully guaranteed contract that is more than Watson are true.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 03-30-2023
Well yeah…that might be a hold up.

Originally Posted by :
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler believes Lamar Jackson isn't demanding a fully-guaranteed contract, "just that the guaranteed portion of it be larger than [Deshaun] Watson's."

Fowler cited sources at this week's NFL owners meetings who believe Jackson, who has requested a trade from Baltimore, isn't holding out for a fully-guaranteed deal as long as he gets more than the $230 million in guarantees that Watson inexplicably got from the Browns in 2022. NFL team after NFL team has come out against the concept of a full-guaranteed contract, with coaches and owners saying they have no interest in Jackson, a 26-year-old former MVP. While Jackson's injuries in 2021 and 2022 are often cited by his critics, Watson has suffered two torn ACLs -- injuries that did not stop him from receiving the league's first fully-guaranteed contract. Perhaps the clarity provided by Fowler will generate a market for the elite quarterback no one seems to want. Fowler added "the Ravens seem to be the team that wants him the most, for whatever that's worth."

[Reply]
DaFace 10:14 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well yeah…that might be a hold up.
I'm far less concerned about the ACLs of Watson. He's mobile, sure, but he's not a "running quarterback" to me. (But that doesn't change the fact that his contract is stupid.)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Up