ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 119
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:26 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I don't have high expectations from the team this year in the tournament.

But, I usually have high expectations and they fail.

Hmm.
Final Four guaranteed!11!!1!
[Reply]
Ceej 05:31 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Final Four guaranteed!11!!1!
You're welcome.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:18 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Based on the wording "3 not traveling with team", everyone seems to be assuming that KU will play the first weekend without McCormack
McCormack will play, although he could be rusty.

Wilson will not play at least the first game and probably not the second.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:11 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
ESPN article says McCormack and Enaruna tested positive before the conference tournament. I didn't think they actually tested positive?

Bill Self, Kansas Jayhawks head to Indianapolis with 'smaller group' as three stay back because of COVID-19
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...so2RgkZy61evN0
This is so confusing.

Do any of our players actually have Covid-19 or wtf. The expectations of when these guys are back lead me to believe that there may have been a false positive and then two guys held out for precautionary reasons due to contact tracing. But then ESPN just comes out and says Tristan and David tested positive.

I haven't heard definitive word on that anywhere else and that makes me think they just shot from the hip on that. If Tristan or David or Wilson actually had Covid they wouldn't be available in game 2. I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
[Reply]
Pants 09:13 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is so confusing.

Do any of our players actually have Covid-19 or wtf. The expectations of when these guys are back lead me to believe that there may have been a false positive and then two guys held out for precautionary reasons due to contact tracing. But then ESPN just comes out and says Tristan and David tested positive.

I haven't heard definitive word on that anywhere else and that makes me think they just shot from the hip on that. If Tristan or David or Wilson actually had Covid they wouldn't be available in game 2. I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
I agree. I don't understand why they can't just be clear with what's happening.

From everything I heard and read, it sounds like all 3 actually had positive cases. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:18 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:

From everything I heard and read, it sounds like all 3 actually had positive cases. :-)
If that's true and we first heard about it March 12th then March 26th would be the absolute earliest they could even be around their teammates much less RECOVER FROM COVID and play in the mother fucking tournament so I wish someone would explain this to me. Even if they're positive and asymptomatic that's a long time to not practice.
[Reply]
sedated 09:53 AM 03-16-2021
I assume its a combination of HIPAA rules, and the same reason any sports team is unclear about injuries - to F with the competition.
[Reply]
Pants 09:59 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I assume its a combination of HIPAA rules, and the same reason any sports team is unclear about injuries - to F with the competition.
Yea, that does make sense.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:36 AM 03-16-2021

If that is the case I have no idea why they are still practicing. I would think the plan would then be just to meet up right before you go to the bubble and if you all test negative then travel and start to practice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:36 AM 03-16-2021
Wilson tested positive last Friday and will not be available for this weekend's games. McCormack and Enaruna also may or may not have tested positive last Monday or Tuesday (Bedore seemed to have slipped and reported they did although he could have just been mistaken), but according to Self they are on track pursuant to the NCAA's COVID protocols to be back with the team by Thursday or Friday.
[Reply]
Pants 10:47 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Wilson tested positive last Friday and will not be available for this weekend's games. McCormack and Enaruna also may or may not have tested positive last Monday or Tuesday (Bedore seemed to have slipped and reported they did although he could have just been mistaken), but according to Self they are on track pursuant to the NCAA's COVID protocols to be back with the team by Thursday or Friday.
Bill Self, in an interview, also said he wasn't sure how Dave and Tristan would perform when they come back because "it [COVID] affects everyone different" and how some guys, who don't even exhibit symptoms, can have their conditioning negatively impacted.

Somehow, he was still expecting them to be back on time later this week to practice before the Saturday game.

I have no idea what's going.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:48 AM 03-16-2021
Been perusing various sites to look at "expert" bracket predictions. Most have us losing to Iowa with a good number having us losing to USC in the 2nd round. If we can get to the 2nd weekend and get Jalen back and if we play like we've been playing the past month, we could make a sneaky deep run including a decent shot at knocking off Gonzaga. I know it was the first game of the season, but all the talking heads will say is "oh, KU isn't on their level. They lost to them by 12." Those of us that "know" know that the Gonzaga game was much closer. At one point pretty deep into the 2nd half it was a 2 point game. Then fouling and freethrow shooting down the stretch ballooned the lead to 12.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:49 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Been perusing various sites to look at "expert" bracket predictions. Most have us losing to Iowa with a good number having us losing to USC in the 2nd round. If we can get to the 2nd weekend and get Jalen back and if we play like we've been playing the past month, we could make a sneaky deep run including a decent shot at knocking off Gonzaga. I know it was the first game of the season, but all the talking heads will say is "oh, KU isn't on their level. They lost to them by 12." Those of us that "know" know that the Gonzaga game was much closer. At one point pretty deep into the 2nd half it was a 2 point game. Then fouling and freethrow shooting down the stretch ballooned the lead to 12.
I feel like Iowa would be a great draw should we be able to play them. They are definitely better than us but they are a flawed team. They can't defend worth a shit and are a bunch of pussies except for Garza. Garrett, Harris, and Ochai will absolutely punk them on the perimeter. And since we can't score, I feel like we match up better against teams that can't defend. If we play a defensive team I kind of feel like we may be fooked. (although we've seen teams just absolutely go off on us and play like the Detroit Pistons - see Tennessee game)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:25 AM 03-17-2021
McCormack due back to practice on Friday, Enaruna tested positive on Sunday though and will be out through the weekend, and Wilson could be back by Monday per Self.

Not to look past E. Washington but if Wilson could somehow play on Monday that would be huge.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:23 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
McCormack due back to practice on Friday, Enaruna tested positive on Sunday though and will be out through the weekend, and Wilson could be back by Monday per Self.

Not to look past E. Washington but if Wilson could somehow play on Monday that would be huge.
I'm not feeling it. 3 guys testing positive from Covid (Self did confirm today they all three tested positive at one point or another). They may be slow coming back not only from the virus but from lack of practice. Not worried about missing Big Dave against these little shits from E Washington, but not having Jalen Wilson is massive.

I think the E Wash game should only be KU -2 not -10.5 or whatever it is. I think it's unlikely we get out of the weekend to be quite honest with all of this uncertainty.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if another player ended up testing positive being we have just been plowing through this thing and apparently still practicing daily.

I'm just a debbie downer I suppose. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 119
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up