ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 119
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:37 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Why are conference games still happening at this point? Why would Baylor take the court for two meaningless games when their 1 seed is all but locked up? I know the answer is obviously money but will be so stupid of another team goes down after THIS AMOUNT of warning and more student athletes get exposed for literally no reason.
Obviously the odds are KU won't be the last team this weekend to have this happen to. This is obviously terrible luck, but I guess we're lucky it happened on Friday and there still might be a chance some form of KU could play in the NCAAs by next Saturday. If it happens tomorrow or Sunday to someone (when presumably all the top teams in the country are playing), what the hell happens to those teams? Does the tournament just go ahead without a Baylor or Ohio State?

What a cluster**** of idiocy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:39 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm in awe of the stupidity it takes to bring teams from around the country together to play games 4 F-ING DAYS before the first NCAA tournament games.

At this point its a real possibility that a Covid outbreak could happen inside the Indy "bubble" and bring the tournament to a screeching halt.
I just read something that said the NCAA is fine going ahead with games next week as long as the teams have five eligible players. Which is obviously absurd, but it is the NCAA.

For something with this much money on the line, how do you not just bubble up for a week or two like the NBA did in Florida, the NHL did in Canada or like tennis did in Australia?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:41 PM 03-12-2021
Imagine how many KU haters would have their brains explode if we got to the Final Four by having say Illinois forfeit the Elite 8 game
[Reply]
BWillie 01:48 PM 03-12-2021
Fucking ridiculous to have the NCAA Tournament 5 days after these conference tournaments. You need AT LEAST TWO FULL WEEKS before quarantine/bubble. Just such a stupid thing that could have been prevented.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:50 PM 03-12-2021
NCAA standards are 7 consecutive clean test to be able to show up in Indy.

Which means we can't show up until Friday! For a Friday game?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:55 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
NCAA standards are 7 consecutive clean test to be able to show up in Indy.

Which means we can't show up until Friday! For a Friday game?
I'd expect that if KU has five eligible players (even if it is walk-ons) by this time next week who haven't tested positive, they will fly into Indy that night and play the following day. That's a big IF of course given that the player who tested positive allegedly played yesterday and was with everyone else. You'd assume the NCAA would at least schedule KU for the Saturday game (the first round this year is Friday-Saturday, not Thursday-Friday), but they're so impractical who even knows.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:03 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd expect that if KU has five eligible players (even if it is walk-ons) by this time next week who haven't tested positive, they will fly into Indy that night and play the following day. That's a big IF of course given that the player who tested positive allegedly played yesterday and was with everyone else. You'd assume the NCAA would at least schedule KU for the Saturday game (the first round this year is Friday-Saturday, not Thursday-Friday), but they're so impractical who even knows.
Two years no NCAA Tournament. Then impending 1-2 yrs banhammer coming by NCAA.

We could really be looking at KU not going to the NCAA Tournament for 4 years in a row once it's said and done.

Disaster.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:06 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

We could really be looking at KU not going to the NCAA Tournament for 4 years in a row once it's said and done.

Disaster.
That is really going to suck!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:07 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Disaster.
I mean that seems like the absolute worst case scenario right now in all respects.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:15 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by :
Two weeks ago, the NCAA released its policy about how and when teams that make the tournament might be replaced if they're struck by the virus. The bracket comes out during the usual reveal, on Sunday evening. After 6 p.m. Tuesday, teams that make the field cannot be replaced if they get sick, and their scheduled opponents would simply move on in the bracket.

But Gavitt acknowledged that as long as a team has five players, it can stick around for as long as it keeps winning.

"We decided if they had five players eligible and healthy," they could play, he said. "We wrestled with contingencies, and thought it was fairest for a team that earned its way, that even if it was compromised, they should have the opportunity to play rather than be replaced."
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ealthy-players

Maybe have a two week bubble instead of allowing the tournament to inevitably turn into a gong show next time, you ****s.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:19 PM 03-12-2021
In explaining a number of contingencies that could come into play if teams are exposed to COVID-19, NCAA senior VP of basketball Dan Gavitt said that as long as a team has five healthy players, it's good to go. And if that team's coaching staff gets decimated by the coronavirus?

"Honestly, it's probably something we should talk about as a committee," he said.

I also loved this part of that article. :-)
[Reply]
sedated 02:19 PM 03-12-2021
For something with this much money on the line, how do you not just bubble up for a week or two like the NBA did in Florida, the NHL did in Canada or like tennis did in Australia?
The money is exactly the reason, they are fitting in as much as they can to get as much as they can.

I doubt they would care if the final 4 is Colorado State, Boise State, SLU, and South Dakota - so long as CBS is paying them their money.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:20 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
The money is exactly the reason, they are fitting in as much as they can to get as much as they can.

I doubt they would care if the final 4 is Colorado State, Boise State, SLU, and South Dakota - so long as people are watching.
And I guess they presume more people will be watching in late March/early April even if it is those teams than a month from now? You'd have to think CBS/TNT dictated the scheduling of it for a reason here.
[Reply]
sedated 02:50 PM 03-12-2021
And I guess they presume more people will be watching in late March/early April even if it is those teams than a month from now? You'd have to think CBS/TNT dictated the scheduling of it for a reason here.
The Masters?
[Reply]
bdj23 02:52 PM 03-12-2021
I guess I can find solace in the fact that canceling the NCAA tournament last year pretty much killed my interest in collegiate sports. I was hoping the tournament this year would revive it.

Oh well
[Reply]
Page 63 of 119
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up