ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Rocky Horror Picture Show
Holladay 10:40 PM 10-31-2022
It is on Prime.

I haven't watched it in +35 yrs.

In my youth, I would go down to the mid-town theatre for the event. Equipped with the newspapers, popcorn and squirt guns. We knew all the "sayings" and was quite a bit of alt fun.

It cost 1.4m to make and as of now, netted 226m over 40 years.

Originally Posted by :
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is considered to be the longest-running release in film history.
It came out in 1975. Story line about a transvestite, coming out and being yourself. The music/lyrics are pretty good from my remembrance. Meatloaf had a small role (btw, he didn't want to do it because of ethics, but got sold on the comedy).

Sidebar, Riff Raff (O'brian) wrote the music and screenplay.

It was the 12th (11 times at the theatre in the 80's) time I watched it. Won't again.

I won't recommend anyone to watch it either.

I went down memory lane tonight....and enjoyed my youth.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:36 AM 11-14-2022
Saw it at the midnight showing at Oak Park Mall many years ago. Probably 1985ish. Thought it was weird but I wasn’t exactly sober. Nor were the people I was with. But I met some goth blonde chick before goth was even a word. We had fun but I was never a huge fan of the movie.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:38 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Sucks, ever since I watched it again after a gillion years, some of the songs are now stuck in my head:-)

The toons can be catchy. Time Warp!!!!
Time Warp is a fun song, even now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Time Warp is a fun song, even now.
My daughter played it at her wedding and she's 21.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:05 PM 11-15-2022
Interesting choice. Did the audience participate?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Interesting choice. Did the audience participate?
Many did, yes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:08 PM 11-16-2022
Horrible movie. Was then and is now.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:50 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by :
Horrible movie. Was then and is now.
I can understand that take. That is why I didn't want my wife to watch. She would be saying WTF???
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:18 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I saw that movie with the live performers as the movie goes along with all the audience participation stuff in Springfield Mo, Kansas City, San Francisco, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, London, Paris and Jerusalem. Circa late 70’s-early 80’s. It was always a party on a Saturday night.
I went a couple of times in Portland back in the day. Not really my cup of tea but the experience in the theatre was interesting to say the least.

I have heard that the audience responses could be different in different parts of the country. I always thought it would be interesting for someone to do some research into this and write a book. I would at least read it if not buy it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I went a couple of times in Portland back in the day. Not really my cup of tea but the experience in the theatre was interesting to say the least.

I have heard that the audience responses could be different in different parts of the country. I always thought it would be interesting for someone to do some research into this and write a book. I would at least read it if not buy it.
Yes, every city had something that only they do during the movie.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up