Hammock Parties 12:56 AM 11-25-2022
OH SHIT THE FUCKING STINGER

Make sure you watch after the credits.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:19 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Don't give away the 45 year old spoiler!
[Reply]
PHOG 01:34 PM 11-25-2022
Great series, when's season two?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:45 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

This show was so damn good.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:56 PM 11-25-2022
Binged the series yesterday and today. Excellent.

Enjoy seeing the gritty everyday life under the Empire, and the political wrangling and back stabbing on Corucant.
[Reply]
trndobrd 11:08 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and a reminder fellas - none of this matters.

Diego Luna lives. He helps get the plans. Then he dies. Then the rebels blow up the death star. Then the empire is replaced by another Empire just like 'em but with an Emo Darth while all your heroes live hollow, tragic existences (before they ALSO die in wholly unfulfilling ways) and then some random Mary Sue shows up and saves the day.

Fuuuuuuuck Yooooooouuuuuu Disney. And Rian Johnson/Kathleen Kennedy in particular.

Ugh.

La La La La La! I can't hear you! Rey woke up on Jakku and it was all a bad dream.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 PM 11-27-2022
Man. What a hard hitting episode.

It's not the campy stuff that we know Star Wars for, but damn if it didn't seem like it mattered. Great performances all around.

Gilroy is a fucking God.

Hopefully Star Wars gives him some more work. I'm in for whatever he's selling.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:56 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

It's not the campy stuff that we know Star Wars for, but damn if it didn't seem like it mattered. Great performances all around.

Gilroy is a ****ing God.

It was outstanding. My dream Star Wars series.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:04 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Gilroy is a ****ing God.

Focused on the people. No Jedi or Hans Solo to save them. The oppressions in their daily lives. Rebellions almost always start with regular people. We need more of this type of Star Wars showing the real peoples life in the Star Wars universe. Also build some sets like these, keep the CGI down to the bare minimum.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:22 AM 11-29-2022
Also no fucking multi-colored mopeds.........
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:08 PM 11-30-2022
Finished it tonight. That's such an outstanding show. I told my daughter that Cassian made Luke and Leia out to be spoiled glory hounds that did nothing for the Rebellion beyond being born into it. There would be no Rebellion without Cassian.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Also no fucking multi-colored mopeds.........
Ugh - forgot about those.

How...just...how?

How can the same company responsible for this have also made Obi Wan, looked at it and thought "yeah - that's good..."?

I'd get it if they made ONLY shit. Or if they made only greatness. But how can they be this routinely hit or miss?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:17 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Finished it tonight. That's such an outstanding show. I told my daughter that Cassian made Luke and Leia out to be spoiled glory hounds that did nothing for the Rebellion beyond being born into it. There would be no Rebellion without Cassian.

Jesus it’s going to be fun to binge watch 2 seasons of Andor, Rogue One, and then a New Hope. After two seasons and a movie of build up a New Hope is going to feel like a cathartic climax to the Andor content rather than the beginning.

Cassian is OP, but I love how Luke didn’t give no ****s about no ISB. He sunk the death star like he was bullseyeing womprats back home.

Plus he gave the rebels a badly needed force buff to counter Vader.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:19 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ugh - forgot about those.

How...just...how?

How can the same company responsible for this have also made Obi Wan, looked at it and thought "yeah - that's good..."?

I'd get it if they made ONLY shit. Or if they made only greatness. But how can they be this routinely hit or miss?
My theory is that not even Disney was stupid enough to decline folks with industry gravitas like Willimon and Gilroy when they came knocking on their door.

Their problems seem to come when they pick their creatives — not when people come to them.

I am wondering about BOBF’s production. Boba’s show was supposed to be Mandalorian, but they had to create a new character because Disney wanted Boba for a one off movie. Mando’s two episodes in Boba HAD to be Disney interference, right?

That’s my operating theory, anyway.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up