ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Tribal Warfare 09:04 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
staylor26 05:43 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I saw an article the other day with John Lequizamo complaining that they hired Chris Pratt to voice Mario. Coming from the Hispanic who played an Italian Luigi. Complained they they should have used POC for a white role. I wonder how people would have responded if they used a black actor to voice Donkey Kong, inclusive or racist? :-)
Let's be real, the Chris Pratt playing Mario outrage is because it's Chris Pratt.

The left absolutely hates that dude for no reason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:47 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Let's be real, the Chris Pratt playing Mario outrage is because it's Chris Pratt.

It’s as they say, if you’ve lost Elliot Page, you’ve lost America.
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 AM 11-20-2022
Man this was a bad bad boring movie. I have low expectations for most MCU movies but wow.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:22 PM 11-20-2022
I loved it until the end.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:59 PM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I loved it until the end.

Spoiler!
I thought it was just me and the low budget movie theater I went to see it in.

As far as the movie, I try not to get into what should and shouldn't have happened. The movie for what it was and the circumstances surrounding it was the best told story ever in the MCU imo. The plot made totally made sense. Even the things people are griping at can be explained away. The actors did their thing, especially Angela Bassett. Coogler did a masterful job
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:04 PM 11-21-2022
Respect the movie and it did it's job. It had a heavy feel to it and good performances I thought. Definitely missing Chadwick Boseman as it didn't have that star power and missing the main BP but I think the cast did a great job to make it as good as possible. I loved Namor and think he'll be great going forward along with RIRI Williams. I enjoyed the first one more but it's definitely cause Tchalla was in it. The mid credit scene is good. I can't see myself seeing it multiple times, maybe a 2nd but it feels like a funeral/tribute. I think if you liked the first one you'll like this one too.

I really loved the first one and Chadwick's performance, he was a presence that is definitely missed.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:51 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He's a Christian, therefor not one of them.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:32 PM 11-21-2022
Anyone notice the beach scene at night it was hard af to see?
[Reply]
Valiant 10:01 AM 11-23-2022
I wish they would release what the original sequel was about.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Still should have brought a redeemed kilmonger as black panther.

Anika needs a new name. Or say it different.

Movie was about poc killing other poc.

Should have made the general the black panther.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:43 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Here, now Sam Wilson is a Black Captain America, when he was already totally legit badass as Falcon. This Black Captain America shit is a demotion for Falcon, IMO.
Glad I am not the only one that thought this...

Disclaimer....I have not seen Wakanda Forever and will not comment on the movie itself until I do.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:21 PM 11-24-2022
Point taken, but the title of Captain America isn't a demotion for anyone.

He's pretty much the most revered comic book character in Marvel and probably the same in the MCU.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:56 AM 12-05-2022
Got a chance to see it!

Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread.

I thought the movie was really, really good, but was hamstrung a bit by Shuri becoming the Black Panther.

There were at least four other fantastic options for becoming the Black Panther. Nakia makes a ton of sense, as her talents as a spy and fighter already lend her talents necessary for the mantle. In the movie, they actually had a really compelling case to elevate Okoye to the role, since she's not bound to the Dora Milaje anymore. I don't think M'Baku makes a ton of sense to become Black Panther, but that character is easily the most fun in Wakanda right now. (My pick all along was for N'Jadaka to have somehow survived the first movie and then be a risky [for Wakanda] plug-in as Black Panther, as a fascinating wild card addition to the MCU.)

But they went with Shuri, because she's the most popular character. And I do completely get it, but like M'Baku she already had a clearly defined role. And unlike Ramonda, unlike T'Challa, unlike Killmonger, or Nakia or even M'Baku, she doesn't have layers to her character. They try to add it late in the film but Letitia Wright isn't the actor that any of those other people are. (Plus her costume is hideous.)

Almost everything else about the movie is phenomenal. I think they do as good a job as possible of writing a movie about a character that has died. The intrigue between Wakanda and the western world is fascinating. I enjoy the push and pull between Wakanda and Everett Ross (MCU should have promoted him to replace Thunderbolt Ross instead of hiring Harrison Ford).

But the star of the show -- holy smokes did they create a compelling new world in Talokan and Namor. That nation and that antihero and those warriors are absolutely stunning and creepy and amazing every time they're on the screen. And they are not the goody-two-shoes heroes that the MCU has flooded us with in Phase 4. I really love their nature, and I hope we see a lot more of them in the future.

I acknowledge the movie's weaknesses -- Riri Williams is shoehorned in and the movie was longer than it needed to be -- but it will be a valuable rewatch, I think.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:14 AM 02-04-2023
I didn’t think it was a good movie, but there were some positives:

Lupita is fine as hell
Namor was a cool character
Angela Bassett turned in a great performance
Did I mention that I’d eat Lupita’s ass?
Killmonger cameo was a nice touch
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:46 AM 02-04-2023
I liked it but didn't love it. It was missing Chadwick Boseman and the Black Panther. Shuri was BP in the comics for some time but this one didn't fit well....I definitely think it should've been Nakia instead. Liked Namor and some of the performances...didn't like why they couldn't tell why Tchalla was gone. Also I wonder if this will get brought up in the future marvel movies as there were no avengers for his funeral either. I get it though. Riri definitely shoehorned in...can't wait to see more of her. I may watch one more time but it wasn't as good as the trailers looked.

Hard to be great without your star. Give the other actors credit though esp bassett
[Reply]
Colby Juarez 03:06 AM 02-09-2023
I loved the movie. I'm surprised I meet so negative reviews. Nevertheless everyone has its own opinion.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up