OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Sorter 10:12 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Fully agreed.

I gotta say, I was skeptical coming into this season due to Condal's background, and the time jumps they had to make in order to finish this season (Reminder: Aemond wasn't BORN yet by Episode 5, halfway through this season).

But hot damn did they still make this compelling. Not only that, they made this season off of... 70 pages of source material? Another concern I had was a problem The Hobbit movies ran into, a lot of characters, but not a lot to actually adapt from. But hot damn, did the actors (shoutout especially to Paddy Considine) ever rise to the occasion to bring life to their counterparts in the source material - and the writers, under the guidance of GRRM, really brought what was originally written as a history textbook to life.

And the thing is... this was all exposition to the good stuff.
Pulling word for word from the audiobook/book, making one sided perspectives more human, etc.

They did a great job.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Sorter:
On second thought, it will probably be Otto.

Going to be wild seeing them meld stuff into S2 as there are few big battles/events and I'm sure they're going to end S2 with
Spoiler!
I feel like that will happen sooner in the season. Perhaps in the first couple episodes.

And frankly, compared to some of the other stuff that's about to happen, it's just not that interesting from a storytelling perspective.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:30 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The "It wasn't my fault" angle won't play. He has to own it or it would be totally out of character for how they've painted him. If they try to go the other way it will be disappointing.
He will. He is too arrogant not to.

By killing Luke, I think he killed the last bit of the boy in himself. My prediction is that he'll be unambiguously villainous moving forward.

What I love is that the books, overall, are third hand accounts.

Really, the show is setting the canon - as long as GRRM is involved like he is.
That's true. Fire and Blood is an in-universe history book so there's lots of room for interpretation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:42 PM 10-25-2022
I can't be the only one who was pronouncing Cregan like Kree-gihn, right?

Instead it's pronounced like Megan.. don't like that at all.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:09 PM 10-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Haha, no shit? That's bad ass.

Here's another for you - Ser Westerling was the Saint of Killers on Preacher.
People didn't know that about Ifans?

As soon as I saw him I wanted to tell a story that will shrink your balls to the size of raisins.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 10-30-2022
Fully agreed.

I gotta say, I was skeptical coming into this season due to Condal's background, and the time jumps they had to make in order to finish this season (Reminder: Aemond wasn't BORN yet by Episode 5, halfway through this season).

But hot damn did they still make this compelling. Not only that, they made this season off of... 70 pages of source material? Another concern I had was a problem The Hobbit movies ran into, a lot of characters, but not a lot to actually adapt from. But did the actors (shoutout especially to Paddy Considine) ever rise to the occasion to bring life to their counterparts in Fire and Blood - and the writers, under the guidance of GRRM, really brought what was originally written as a history textbook to life.

And the thing is... this was all exposition to the good stuff.
3 seasons of houses of Dragons at war..... Bring it on!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 AM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
People didn't know that about Ifans?

As soon as I saw him I wanted to tell a story that will shrink your balls to the size of raisins.
His face rang a bell in the back of my head, but I never would have put two and two together there. Dude has range (/obv).
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:28 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
His face rang a bell in the back of my head, but I never would have put two and two together there. Dude has range (/obv).
Every power play he's made this season either the wife or I say, "he's wiry."
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:46 PM 10-30-2022
r
Attached: FgUt8jDXEAEKEhr.jpeg (61.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Every power play he's made this season either the wife or I say, "he's wiry."
:-)

For me, it’s “You’ll have to find your dick first, Shamu!”

Goddamn that’s never not funny
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:27 PM 10-31-2022

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 01:12 AM 11-06-2022
Just binge watched the whole season and holy fuck.
What a show.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:35 PM 11-22-2022
Took me awhile to get through all the episodes because after SNF I would generally fall asleep and had to get caught up which generally had me a few weeks behind. But I was sick last week prior to a vacation and got to finish the season. Thought it was brilliant! Can't wait for season 2.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:57 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Just binge watched the whole season and holy ****.
What a show.
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Took me awhile to get through all the episodes because after SNF I would generally fall asleep and had to get caught up which generally had me a few weeks behind. But I was sick last week prior to a vacation and got to finish the season. Thought it was brilliant! Can't wait for season 2.
Yeah that’s the opinion of most in here. Season 8 really punched us in the gut. Along comes this season and it’s like the best years of GOT. No Hardhome/battle of the bastards level episode yet but they have 3 more seasons to produce the best dragon fight of all time
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:52 PM 03-21-2024
https://youtu.be/csSaSrJJPRs?si=pkkgYpwd6jL8tcIy
[Reply]
Page 36 of 37
« First < 263233343536 37 >
Up