ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Agreed. I'd be fine with him at 62. Any earlier than that though and I'd probably be kind of irritated. He could turn into a superstar, but I just do not see it.
I'd be LOTS of irritated.

The more I've read about him, the more he's just a track-star playing football. We've seen dozens of those guys come and go.

Just hard pass. I'm not even sure I'd be happy with him at 62 - I'm virtually certain there are guys I'd like more (like, for instance, Calvin Austin III).

Just being tall don't make you a football player.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:42 PM 03-23-2022
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...-round-1-after

Jeremiah updated his mock after the Hill trade - has us taking Ebiketie and Watson
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...-round-1-after

Jeremiah updated his mock after the Hill trade - has us taking Ebiketie and Watson
So you wanna see a pissed off me?

Because THAT'S how you get a pissed off me.

Lord that would be garbage. I mean just unmitigated trash born of nothing but underwear olympics. Neither of those guys are first round picks in ANY year, let along a draft this deep.

He has Ojabo falling out of the first from what I can tell. Ojabo over Ebiketie is a no-brainer and even Ebiketie stans like Staylor would acknowledge that.

And I mean anytime you can take the 7th best WR prospect in a draft with a pretty mediocre top end but a SUPER deep middle, you really should just do that in the first round.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be LOTS of irritated.

The more I've read about him, the more he's just a track-star playing football. We've seen dozens of those guys come and go.

Just hard pass. I'm not even sure I'd be happy with him at 62 - I'm virtually certain there are guys I'd like more (like, for instance, Calvin Austin III).

Just being tall don't make you a football player.
No, no, no, no, no. No, man.

Have you actually watched any video on him? Watch, man. This ain't Willie Gault. This kid's a football player.

Now, he's going to be rawer than an SEC powerhouse kid would be, but this is not a track star in pads.

I'd love him at #50.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:10 PM 03-23-2022
Now that we have 2 firsts are you more inclined to spend one of them on Williams DJ?
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:07 AM 03-27-2022
The mock with Watson is why we need to trade up to get one of the top 5 wrs if we have to. London, Garrett Wilson, olave, burks and jameson are in another tier from the rest of the wrs. As soon as the 4th in group is gone, we should should trade up to get whoever is the 5th in that group. I hope it’s jameson!
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
The mock with Watson is why we need to trade up to get one of the top 5 wrs if we have to. London, Garrett Wilson, olave, burks and jameson are in another tier from the rest of the wrs. As soon as the 4th in group is gone, we should should trade up to get whoever is the 5th in that group. I hope it’s jameson!
I do think there's a massive drop off after the top 6. If we want someone who we know is an immediate upgrade from what we currently have, it's one of those. Everything after is a complete gamble imo and you'd have to double dip to and play the numbers game
[Reply]
kccrow 03:02 AM 03-27-2022
Seems like a soundly bad strategy. Hitting on a WR in round 1 is no guarantee, for starters, and hitting on after the 1st is nearly as high of a probability. Many very good receivers have come at the top of the 2nd too, so standing pat is definitely a solid option.

Let's do a case study of some recent drafts. You're going to see a trend when you look beyond the 2021 draft (its an enigma and too soon)

2021 Draft (early but do it anyhow)
Spoiler!

2020 Draft:
Spoiler!

2019 Draft
Spoiler!

2018 Draft
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:46 AM 03-27-2022
There are guys that will go in the first due to a higher floor, and there will be guys that will go in the 2nd and possibly into the 3rd and 4th that will become much better NFL players due to higher ceilings.

Watson is a guy I like better than some of the 'top' guys because his ceiling is 'generational talent'. His floor is '4th WR, special teams guy.' So I get taking a kid like Olave over him, though I think there's a 50/50 chance you'd regret it in a couple years.

But when people are throwing names around like David Bell, I wonder what they're seeing, or basing their rankings on.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:02 AM 03-27-2022
Wow. That’s really good research. thanks 🙏 That info makes me want to trade up for jameson! What percentage of athletic bama wrs bust?

Originally Posted by kccrow:
Seems like a soundly bad strategy. Hitting on a WR in round 1 is no guarantee, for starters, and hitting on after the 1st is nearly as high of a probability. Many very good receivers have come at the top of the 2nd too, so standing pat is definitely a solid option.

Let's do a case study of some recent drafts. You're going to see a trend when you look beyond the 2021 draft (its an enigma and too soon)

2021 Draft (early but do it anyhow)
Spoiler!

2020 Draft:
Spoiler!

2019 Draft
Spoiler!

2018 Draft
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:36 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There are guys that will go in the first due to a higher floor, and there will be guys that will go in the 2nd and possibly into the 3rd and 4th that will become much better NFL players due to higher ceilings.

Watson is a guy I like better than some of the 'top' guys because his ceiling is 'generational talent'. His floor is '4th WR, special teams guy.' So I get taking a kid like Olave over him, though I think there's a 50/50 chance you'd regret it in a couple years.

But when people are throwing names around like David Bell, I wonder what they're seeing, or basing their rankings on.
No the bottom of Watson is John Ross. Ross simply outran everybody in college. Turns out he freaking sucked at the NFL level as he had no moves or route running skills at all and was injury prone.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:01 PM 03-27-2022
Regarding Watson's production relative to his competition...

I thnk the fact NDSU runs so much is obscuring his productivity.

He pulled in roughly 1/3 of the team's passing yards over the course of his two healthy seasons there (freshman, when he led them in receiving, and junior, when he led them in receiving far and away).

He's not just a fast guy blowing by people, either. If you watch him, you see a man with uncommon agility and wiggle for a player his size (which is backed up by his athletic scores). He makes a lot of guys miss in the open field.

I'm not sure he's worth a 1st, but I'm not sure he isn't.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
No the bottom of Watson is John Ross. Ross simply outran everybody in college. Turns out he freaking sucked at the NFL level as he had no moves or route running skills at all and was injury prone.
See, saying that tells me that you have not watched any video on Watson.

Watson is not John Ross, at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 03-27-2022
Wow. That’s really good research. thanks 🙏 That info makes me want to trade up for jameson! What percentage of athletic bama wrs bust?
You saw all of that and then ended up wanting to trade up for a WR? The fuck?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:51 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
See, saying that tells me that you have not watched any video on Watson.

Watson is not John Ross, at all.
I've seen the tape.....this guy COULD be a WR unlike any WR that comes to mind at the moment. But from what I see he could easily be Jacoby Jones from the Ravens. I'm not completely sold on him as a first rounder. If he's there at our second pick....go for it

FWIW though he's on par with Treylon Burks to me
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up