ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 183 of 256
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:31 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
I just platinum trophied (100%) it this morning and I could not agree more. I really took my time listening to every Mimir story, lore quip and doing every side story/mission. There's even quite a few post game interactions you can observe. It's so good I'm actually a little sad that I'm done. Hopefully we get NG+ in a future patch like we did with GOW 2018.

One small thing is that the end game optional bosses weren't nearly as challenging as the ones from GoW 2018.

10/10 game.
The gank Berserker boss was the hardest of both games. Whoever the reerun is that thought a FromSoft style fight would work on this game needs thrown out of the industry. Unfairly difficult in all the wrong ways.

Also, pretty minor nitpick, but they got way too ambitious with the customization this time around and didn't really explain the changes all that well. It was just fine in the first Norse game, didn't need that kind of overhaul.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:30 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't get enough AC Valhalla. I'm 55 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface.
I gotta check it out again after my daughters finish with or get bored with Genshin Impact. We only have one PS5 (for now or at least until they become more readily available). I was able to snag the Dawn of Ragnarök DLC for half off yesterday.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:10 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't get enough AC Valhalla. I'm 55 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface.
I'm glad you're enjoying it.. and you feel like that because you have truly barely touched the surface lol

I gave up on completing all of the side quests and didn't even bother with the Valhalla ending and I still put like 80 hours into that game.

I found it to be an absolute slog. Completing all of the storylines in each region became more of a chore than anything after the third or fourth, though I did enjoy the one with the young guy (Coelbert or something..?) and a couple others.

I did like male Eivor's voice as well.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Could not recommend God of War Ragnarok highly enough. It outdoes the first game in this iteration in almost every way, and that is a ridiculously high bar to cross.
I was planning on knocking out Miles Morales' Spider-Man and the Horizon Zero Dawn before getting God of War when it hits like $20-30 but I'm thinking I can't wait.

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If anyone is looking for a PS5, Walmart has them right now, online only. I just bought one for the kid's xmas, should be here Friday. The God of War Ragnarok bundle.
It was a real bitch for me to find one. Took like 3 weeks once I committed to finding one. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm glad you're enjoying it.. and you feel like that because you have truly barely touched the surface lol

I gave up on completing all of the side quests and didn't even bother with the Valhalla ending and I still put like 80 hours into that game.

I found it to be an absolute slog. Completing all of the storylines in each region became more of a chore than anything after the third or fourth, though I did enjoy the one with the young guy (Coelbert or something..?) and a couple others.

I did like male Eivor's voice as well.
I don't know if I'll get tired of it. I actually like the grind. I love the side quests and I've finished 4 regional story arcs. They were all great.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:22 AM 11-23-2022
Well, whoever spoiled that was actually wrong in some form. Also not really a big deal since they're established as two of the main antagonists very very early

Think the most shocking thing about the game is who's set up as the next potential antagonist
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:18 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The gank Berserker boss was the hardest of both games. Whoever the reerun is that thought a FromSoft style fight would work on this game needs thrown out of the industry. Unfairly difficult in all the wrong ways.

Also, pretty minor nitpick, but they got way too ambitious with the customization this time around and didn't really explain the changes all that well. It was just fine in the first Norse game, didn't need that kind of overhaul.
Spoiler!

IMO, Sigrún was ridiculously hard and unforgiving.

The customization seemed to be for accessibility more so than for adding unnecessary bells and whistles. The auto pick up and hold "x" over spam "x" com was a nice touch.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:08 PM 11-23-2022
I'm not talking about the final Berserker. I'm talking about the one in the Alfheim desert that has you fighting three at the same time. You can legit be playing at 100% optimum efficiency with perfect dodges and still get killed if the RNG isn't on your side.
[Reply]
Otter 02:19 AM 11-25-2022
Not sure what to make out of this one. I'm guessing boom or bust.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:51 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Not sure what to make out of this one. I'm guessing boom or bust.

I was looking at this earlier and if done right could be amazing. I'm also not sure what to think of it yet but if they can put it all together and the gameplay is tight we could have something.
[Reply]
Bump 02:42 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That bundle at Walmart is 559 dollars, it will come out around 700 after tax.
about $590-$600

the one I bought was $594 after tax

but who knows, maybe sales tax has gone up to 25% in some places.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:58 PM 11-30-2022

Picked up the game and all expansions including this and It's great in coop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Picked up the game and all expansions including this and It's great in coop.
I played the shit out of FC6. The coop is indeed fun. I'll be picking this up if for nothing else than to keep my FC6 trophy at 100%. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 04:30 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
about $590-$600

the one I bought was $594 after tax

but who knows, maybe sales tax has gone up to 25% in some places.
Nah that's my bad I thought about it wrong lol, it's still 600 bucks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 12-02-2022
Monster Hunter Rise is coming to Xbox and playstation.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:59 PM 12-02-2022

If you're a fan of Left 4 Dead this game takes that and makes it so much better. I can't put this down, it's highly addictive the most so in a while for me.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 256
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233 > Last »
Up