ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do YOU play World of Warcraft?
Yes, I play WoW 41 35.96%
No, I do not play WoW 70 61.40%
WTF is WoW 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>World of Warcraft
God of Thunder 03:04 AM 01-26-2009
So........its 3am..........and I am curious..........who here plays World of Warcraft?

poll coming!
[Reply]
lcarus 11:40 AM 07-07-2014
God help me...I might subscribe again. Been about a year, and even then I didn't really play much. Just wanna mess around for nostalgic purposes and to see the changes.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:56 AM 07-07-2014
I'm in the same boat...been real tempted to jump back in esp. with the new expansion due this year.
[Reply]
Canofbier 12:18 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
God help me...I might subscribe again. Been about a year, and even then I didn't really play much. Just wanna mess around for nostalgic purposes and to see the changes.
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm in the same boat...been real tempted to jump back in esp. with the new expansion due this year.
Give Wildstar a try. It was developed by folks from older WoW expansions and is a lot of fun. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and it's been fun to level up.

The solo content is fun (if not groundbreaking), but the dungeons are designed fabulously (and I've only done two). They're very challenging but are also entirely fair. If you and your group learn from your mistakes, you'll eventually win and it'll feel awesome.

Shoot me a PM if you want to give it a try - I have three guest passes to hand out. Just make sure that your rig can handle the game, since it requires surprisingly beefy specs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:09 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Welcome back.

Blizzard has developed a lot of catch up mechanics so players like you can jump back in and get geared up quickly so you can dive into the competitive content.

If Nostalgia is what you're after, most level 90's with some decent gear can solo raids through WOTLK content. Good, well geared player can solo Cata content. Or you can find a 5-10 man group and go back and do the Cata content if soloing isn't your thing.

Also, if you like getting mounts, doing the old Cata/Wotlk achieves are really easy at his point. "Earning" The Volcanic Stone Drake http://www.wowhead.com/item=62900/re...ic-stone-drake took me all of 3 days.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:16 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
yep. I overcame my addiction
Yeeesh. So much for that, eh?
[Reply]
otherstar 02:50 PM 07-07-2014
I've played WoW a little (my kids love it). I'm much more of a LOTRO fan (I have 19 toons on 4 servers and two toons at level cap). I've also recently gotten into World of Tanks...which is equally addicting.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:01 AM 07-08-2014
Welcome back.

Blizzard has developed a lot of catch up mechanics so players like you can jump back in and get geared up quickly so you can dive into the competitive content.

If Nostalgia is what you're after, most level 90's with some decent gear can solo raids through WOTLK content. Good, well geared player can solo Cata content. Or you can find a 5-10 man group and go back and do the Cata content if soloing isn't your thing.

Also, if you like getting mounts, doing the old Cata/Wotlk achieves are really easy at his point. "Earning" The Volcanic Stone Drake http://www.wowhead.com/item=62900/re...ic-stone-drake took me all of 3 days.
Very cool. Yeah I played some since Pandaria was released. Been a long ass time though. The expansion was still relatively new last time I played.

What servers are you all on? My main server is Destromath. I have Horde characters over there. A 90 orc warrior is my main and I have a 90 troll hunter and an 84 undead priest.

Then I have some alliance characters on Tanaris server. An 85 worgen warrior and an 85 human DK.

Then on Garona server I have a 48 rogue. I think I was joining a friend a long time ago because I barely remember leveling that one and I obviously ditched it.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:02 AM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by otherstar:
I've played WoW a little (my kids love it). I'm much more of a LOTRO fan (I have 19 toons on 4 servers and two toons at level cap). I've also recently gotten into World of Tanks...which is equally addicting.
Is that LOTR game good? I've heard mixed things about it but never tried it myself.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:12 AM 07-08-2014
Very cool. Yeah I played some since Pandaria was released. Been a long ass time though. The expansion was still relatively new last time I played.

What servers are you all on? My main server is Destromath. I have Horde characters over there. A 90 orc warrior is my main and I have a 90 troll hunter and an 84 undead priest.

Then I have some alliance characters on Tanaris server. An 85 worgen warrior and an 85 human DK.

Then on Garona server I have a 48 rogue. I think I was joining a friend a long time ago because I barely remember leveling that one and I obviously ditched it.
I'm on Mug'Thol.

I have a 13/14 Heroic Destro Lock, hopefully soon to be 14/14 Heroic. Less than 1% of the WoW population has achieved this, i hope to join their ranks soon.

And i have a well geared Spriest/Disc and a Furry Warrior.

BTW, pretty much everything can be done Cross Realm now. No longer need to be on the same servers anymore.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:18 AM 07-08-2014
I'm on Mug'Thol.

I have a 13/14 Heroic Destro Lock, hopefully soon to be 14/14 Heroic. Less than 1% of the WoW population has achieved this, i hope to join their ranks soon.

And i have a well geared Spriest/Disc and a Furry Warrior.

BTW, pretty much everything can be done Cross Realm now. No longer need to be on the same servers anymore.
Oh yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. I'll hit you up whenever I get my account back up. Not to bug ya or any crap like that, but if you are 13/14 heroic you seem like you'd be good for when I need an in depth answer about something.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:50 AM 07-08-2014
Most of the realms are dead now even after the server merges. Good luck finding a good raiding guild unless you want to fork out the cash to transfer to a high population server. IMO lfr killed off the social aspect of the game. The new expansion should bring some people back but I have a feeling it will only be short lived.
[Reply]
otherstar 11:56 AM 07-08-2014
Is that LOTR game good? I've heard mixed things about it but never tried it myself.
I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so I really geek out over the world (seeing Bree, Rivendell, Edoras, and Helm's Deep was a thrill -- Moria too, but you spend 10 levels in the place and it's damn dark...lol). I love the game, but that's just me. One thing even the critics agree upon is that the world/landscape in LOTRO is beautiful and Turbine is great at world building. I'd say download it and take a toon to 30 to see if you like it. You can get a good feel for the game in 30 levels. After level 30, you'll need to buy quest packs, or subscribe to be able to quest in other zones.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Most of the realms are dead now even after the server merges. Good luck finding a good raiding guild unless you want to fork out the cash to transfer to a high population server. IMO lfr killed off the social aspect of the game. The new expansion should bring some people back but I have a feeling it will only be short lived.
Finding a raid group now is so easy it's comical. LFR is a joke that no one who's serious about raiding cares about. It's not meant for raiders, it's designed for casuals who don't raid but want to see the content. I never stepped foot into LFR for this last raid tier until i got bored and started helping others.

The Introduction of "Flex" raiding has created a tier of raiding that makes it a lot easier to transition from scrub status to Normal mode raiding. Also, puging a Normal mode raid is really easy. Just download the OQ addon. It's a cross realm group finder. Come next xpac, you won't need the addon since Blizz is introducing their own version of it for the default UI.

If you're serious about raiding, finding a raid group isn't much of an issue and you can learn the fights on Flex mode and gear up before joining a Normal mode, and eventually Hard Mode.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:17 PM 07-08-2014
Finding a raid group now is so easy it's comical. LFR is a joke that no one who's serious about raiding cares about. It's not meant for raiders, it's designed for casuals who don't raid but want to see the content. I never stepped foot into LFR for this last raid tier until i got bored and started helping others.

The Introduction of "Flex" raiding has created a tier of raiding that makes it a lot easier to transition from scrub status to Normal mode raiding. Also, puging a Normal mode raid is really easy. Just download the OQ addon. It's a cross realm group finder. Come next xpac, you won't need the addon since Blizz is introducing their own version of it for the default UI.

If you're serious about raiding, finding a raid group isn't much of an issue and you can learn the fights on Flex mode and gear up before joining a Normal mode, and eventually Hard Mode.
I think the biggest problem I am having is not willing to shell out the cash to transfer my characters to a high population realm. I know about all the cross realm stuff but I really enjoy being part of a lively server. I can literally sit in Org during peak hours and maybe see about 20 other players on if I am lucky with absolutely no trade or general chat going on. Which really sucks because during BC and Wotlk it was booming.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:25 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I think the biggest problem I am having is not willing to shell out the cash to transfer my characters to a high population realm. I know about all the cross realm stuff but I really enjoy being part of a lively server. I can literally sit in Org during peak hours and maybe see about 20 other players on if I am lucky with absolutely no trade or general chat going on. Which really sucks because during BC and Wotlk it was booming.
Yeah that would suck. Which server are you on?

They merged my server, Mug'Thol, with Dragonmaw and Akama. It's basically like a high pop server now w/o the high pop server login issues.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up