ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 57
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
alanm 01:38 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by PGM:
Show died after S. 4 pathetic end
Save me some time and tell me what happened?
[Reply]
Carlota69 01:54 PM 09-23-2013
This show as my favorite of all time. Even thru the less than stellar seasons, I throughly enjoyed Dexter. However, this season sucked balls with teeth, and I was very disappointed in the finale. Horrible ending. It didnt fit the vibe of the show at all. The writers obviously gave up, and just blew their way thru the final season, and certainly the ending. fans of the show, the cast, the characters, all deserved so much more.
[Reply]
SLAG 02:07 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by alanm:
Save me some time and tell me what happened?
Spoiler!

I wish I was making this shit up
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:22 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by SLAG:
Spoiler!

I wish I was making this shit up
What. The. Fuck.

That makes me not even want to watch Season 7 or 8.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:47 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
What. The. Fuck.

That makes me not even want to watch Season 7 or 8.
It's bad, but not as bad as he made it sound.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 05:55 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by SLAG:
Just terrible, how disappointing
Originally Posted by Silock:
Worst episode ever.
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
This show as my favorite of all time. Even thru the less than stellar seasons, I throughly enjoyed Dexter. However, this season sucked balls with teeth, and I was very disappointed in the finale. Horrible ending. It didnt fit the vibe of the show at all. The writers obviously gave up, and just blew their way thru the final season, and certainly the ending. fans of the show, the cast, the characters, all deserved so much more.
I agree with anyone who says Dexter should have ended after Season 4 (the Trinity Killer season). Compared to the excellence of the first 4 seasons, the last 4 seasons sucked ass. Maybe they should replace "jumping the shark" with "pulling a Dexter".

However, I'll have to say I liked the finale. I liked Dexter's self-sacrifice at the end, where he realized that he brings death to everyone around him, and he chose not to do that to Harrison and Hannah.

But I would have liked it a lot better if Dexter had actually gone down with his ship instead of showing up later at the lumberjack camp. That just seemed weak. It's like they wanted to kill him off, but they just didn't have the guts to do it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:56 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
I agree with anyone who says Dexter should have ended after Season 4 (the Trinity Killer season). Compared to the excellence of the first 4 seasons, the last 4 seasons sucked ass. Maybe they should replace "jumping the shark" with "pulling a Dexter".

However, I'll have to say I liked the finale. I liked Dexter's self-sacrifice at the end, where he realized that he brings death to everyone around him, and he chose not to do that to Harrison and Hannah.

But I would have liked it a lot better if Dexter had actually gone down with his ship instead of showing up later at the lumberjack camp. That just seemed weak. It's like they wanted to kill him off, but they just didn't have the guts to do it.
Yep. I wouldn't have been epically disappointed if not for the last 20 seconds of the show.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:23 PM 09-23-2013
I dunno guys. I've watched this show but it really hasn't been GOOD in a long time. I liked season 1. I loved season 2. Season 3 sucked, and Lithgow saved season 4 by being awesome but everyone else was stagnant and the whole thing was formulaic.

The rest of the series has been awful, but I continued watching because I was invested. While the ending sucked, I can't say I was surprised given the path the show took over the past 4 seasons.

Just my opinion, but this show really rode the hype of the first few seasons and half assed it for a long time. A satisfying conclusion was NOT in the books.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:24 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
It's bad, but not as bad as he made it sound.
It really, really was.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:30 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It really, really was.
It was bad, don't get me wrong. I guess what I mostly disagreed with him about was the statement that Dex killed Deb without any kind of qualifier. It's not like she was on his table; she was a vegetable, and he pulled the plug.

Really, it overall was OK until the last 20 seconds. If they'd have let him die in the storm to spare Harrison and Hannah, I would have been OK with that. I would not have been as disappointed as I am now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
Agree with everyone else. The trinity year was the high mark for this series.

and that ending sucked balls. Worst ending of a series evah. GEEEZZ this series and its fans deserved better.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 PM 09-23-2013
How did the books end? Anyone know?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:34 PM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

and that ending sucked balls. Worst ending of a series evah. GEEEZZ this series and its fans deserved better.
I still think season 2 was the best, and I don't really think it's close. The Trinity season was carried by Lithgow. The writing was meh.

JMO.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:35 PM 09-23-2013

Worst ever? I thought Lost was worse, possibly because my expectations were so high.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:36 PM 09-23-2013
How did the books end? Anyone know?
I'm not completely caught up, but I don't think they have.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 57
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up