ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Planes Trains and Automobiles 4k
Hammock Parties 11:50 PM 11-22-2022
has 75 minutes of deleted scenes!!!!!!!!!! ACQURING AND WATCHING WITH FAMILY ON THANKSGIVING!!!!

[Reply]
Kman34 07:19 AM 11-23-2022
“He says we are going the wrong way!”
“He’s drunk.. How does he know where we’re going?”
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
has 75 minutes of deleted scenes!!!!!!!!!! ACQURING AND WATCHING WITH FAMILY ON THANKSGIVING!!!!

So funny. I watched the original earlier and still holds up. Hopefully I'll get to see the deleted scenes sometime. The hot dog and cigarette scene is perfect lol
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 PM 11-25-2022
YESSS

[Reply]
Halfcan 12:04 AM 11-26-2022
"Those aren't pillows!!"
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:50 AM 11-28-2022
sweet. Post a link to buy one when you get one, my dad would love this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 11-28-2022
The ending of that movie is schmaltzy as hell (the long close-in shots on his wife and what not; and hey look, it's a pie!) but man it's an all-time gut punch anyway. I dunno if it's the music or what, but it gets ya in the feels...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:15 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The ending of that movie is schmaltzy as hell (the long close-in shots on his wife and what not; and hey look, it's a pie!) but man it's an all-time gut punch anyway. I dunno if it's the music or what, but it gets ya in the feels...
Agreed. I think that's the hardest hitting scene in a comedy. The only other one that I can think of that's close is the Amazing Grace on bagpipes scene in Tommy Boy. I'm not sure which hits harder, but smart money is PTA. We spent the whole movie with Candy, we only spent the first 1/5 of the movie with Dennehy.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:34 AM 11-28-2022
That music gets ya too
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:14 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. I think that's the hardest hitting scene in a comedy. The only other one that I can think of that's close is the Amazing Grace on bagpipes scene in Tommy Boy. I'm not sure which hits harder, but smart money is PTA. We spent the whole movie with Candy, we only spent the first 1/5 of the movie with Dennehy.
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
That music gets ya too

Yeah, I do think it's the music.

I'm always a little disappointed by it, to be honest. I don't know why, but I expect more from John Hughes.

It's just such a stark moment and remarkable from a pure storytelling perspective. And that music while he's on the train is outstanding. But the bizarre little cuts of his family and the food and the candle. And the way over the top efforts to paint his wife as this angelic creature.

I think I understand what he's trying to do, but I don't think he did it as well as he should've. It's Steve Martin and Music that make the whole thing work, not the way the scene was shot. Of course John Candy delivers as well.

Now the one really cool shot to me, for whatever, reason, is the overhead shot as the train comes back into the station.

But then we have this unnecessarily protracted 'wife coming down the stairs' moment and it ends on a damn freeze frame?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:48 PM 11-28-2022
Yeah, I do think it's the music.

I'm always a little disappointed by it, to be honest. I don't know why, but I expect more from John Hughes.

It's just such a stark moment and remarkable from a pure storytelling perspective. And that music while he's on the train is outstanding. But the bizarre little cuts of his family and the food and the candle. And the way over the top efforts to paint his wife as this angelic creature.

I think I understand what he's trying to do, but I don't think he did it as well as he should've. It's Steve Martin and Music that make the whole thing work, not the way the scene was shot. Of course John Candy delivers as well.

Now the one really cool shot to me, for whatever, reason, is the overhead shot as the train comes back into the station.

But then we have this unnecessarily protracted 'wife coming down the stairs' moment and it ends on a damn freeze frame?
I think we've all had that moment as a spouse. You've had a long, tiring day (or multiple days) - and you were really tried/pushed as a person to be something better, different, etc - and when you get home and see your wife, it hits different.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:22 PM 12-05-2022
The movie wouldn’t be as good without the song, there is something about it that makes it timeless.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:54 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
“He says we are going the wrong way!”
“He’s drunk.. How does he know where we’re going?”

[Reply]
Up