ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 34
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:15 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is how it starts.

"Oh look the rookie is getting some play with the 1's. It's OTA's so it don't mean shit"

And then rumors start floating about how the Chiefs like this kid.

And then that flows into TC.

And then next you thing you know this rookie no one was talking about is now starting for the Chiefs.

I mean...we keeps seeing it time and time again....just say'n
Not to be ThaVirus or anything, but there are also a few examples of rookies getting play with the 1s in OTAs and the offseason rumors about how much the Chiefs like the guy, only to see that player go perma-bench or even flat out cut unceremoniously.

Remember Arrion Springs from a couple years ago? Exactly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not to be ThaVirus or anything, but there are also a few examples of rookies getting play with the 1s in OTAs and the offseason rumors about how much the Chiefs like the guy, only to see that player go perma-bench or even flat out cut unceremoniously.

That safety that looked for all the world like me might actually start, what, 3-4 years ago? Who proceeded to spend the entire last pre-season game getting absolutely abused and got cut the next day.

Devon Key! I think he managed to stick with our practice squad for a season, but man - watching that guy's stock absolutely crater made you feel like watching a snuff film. It was bruuuuuutal.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:43 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
But do I cum now, or do I have to wait for his 1st start?
Yes!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 06-02-2023

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That safety that looked for all the world like me might actually start, what, 3-4 years ago? Who proceeded to spend the entire last pre-season game getting absolutely abused and got cut the next day.

Devon Key! I think he managed to stick with our practice squad for a season, but man - watching that guy's stock absolutely crater made you feel like watching a snuff film. It was bruuuuuutal.
Lol. Man, it wasn't even the last preseason game. It was the first preseason game. Locked every receiver down during the rookie camp, looked very impressive during OTAs, earned some starting reps in training camp, got thrown in the 1st or 2nd drive of the 1st preseason game, and then gets fucking COOKED for like a 60 yard TD or something.

Everybody just kind of nervous laughed and said, "Well, he IS still a rookie, and it's not the end of the world I guess..." but I just don't think that guy ever recovered from that play. I'm not saying he would have been a terrific player or anything like that, but I do think his confidence got rocked hard and the coaches just never saw him get back whatever it was they saw earlier in the offseason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 06-02-2023

The story of Darwin Thompson
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 AM 06-02-2023
I forgot to mention that UDFA RB Deneric Prince is also getting reps with the 1s in that photo.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:59 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I forgot to mention that UDFA RB Deneric Prince is also getting reps with the 1s in that photo.
He has overtaken Pacheco!!!!! I knew it! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He has overtaken Pacheco!!!!! I knew it! :-)
I know you're joking but FYI Pacheco is not participating as he recovers from this offseason surgery, so it's a great opportunity for Prince.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:05 AM 06-02-2023
I know you're joking but FYI Pacheco is not participating as he recovers from this offseason surgery, so it's a great opportunity for Prince.
I fully expect him to make the team as the 4th RB.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

People thought Devon Key was a future starter and then he got roasted in preseason and that was that.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 06-02-2023
Pacheco isn't exactly all world, guys. He runs really hard and is fast, and we love him for that. Basically, he was the antidote to MEH.

But you should not be shocked to see him lose that starting job to someone else in the next two years. He was bad at pass blocking, hasn't established himself as a receiver, and had multiple injuries that he played through.

The idea of anyone - even a UDFA - outplaying an injured seventh rounder isn't unthinkable.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:30 AM 06-02-2023
Would not be shocked at all to see him get some snaps in September especially with Pacheco recovering.

Hope they bring Pacheco back slowly so he’s good for the stretch run
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
He was bad at pass blocking, hasn't established himself as a receiver, and had multiple injuries that he played through.
The Chiefs didn't really ask him to do either of those things and have openly praised his ability as a pass catcher. So i don't think these are fair criticisms.

And before anyone says, "yeah they didnt ask him to do it because he SUCKS at it..", it's much more likely they didn't ask him to do it because McKinnon is so goddamn good at it.

He might legit be the best pass blocking RB i've ever seen. Certainly the best ive ever seen wearing a Chiefs uni.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:36 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Chiefs didn't really ask him to do either of those things and have openly praised his ability as a pass catcher. So i don't think these are fair criticisms.

And before anyone says, "yeah they didnt ask him to do it because he SUCKS at it..", it's much more likely they didn't ask him to do it because McKinnon is so goddamn good at it.

He might legit be the best pass blocking RB i've ever seen. Certainly the best ive ever seen wearing a Chiefs uni.
That's pure speculation. It's not much more likely at all. And the fact remains that they don't depend on him for those things. He caught 13 passes last year. Even Clyde had more than that, and he played 7 fewer games.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 34
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up