Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes on Madden 22 Cover
wazu 08:18 AM 06-17-2021
But there's a catch...

what a time. ⏰ #Madden22 pic.twitter.com/BpupuKB4e3

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 17, 2021

[Reply]
carcosa 07:35 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I don't even really care that Brady is on there with him, that's twice in three damn years he's going to be on the cover.

That's absolutely amazing.
This!!!!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:17 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The amazing part is that there are actually people who truly believe he is pulling this shit off by eating kale and avocados and going to bed early. It's absurd.

Mind boggling how gullible people are. I highly doubt it will ever be exposed, though. I don't know who Brady sold his soul to, but he's getting every last cent out of that deal.
It’s a Lance Armstrong situation… Brady has enough resources and support to develop an elaborate PED strategy that avoids detection.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:56 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is it weird that I'm kind of starting to hate him less? I mean, for a long time my hatred came from what I perceived to be him getting too much credit when he had Belichick and a great defense to support him.

But the guy goes to a completely different team and won the Super Bowl his first year there...at age 43...and looked fantastic while doing it. And even though he beat us, at least he won't be in the way of us making the Super Bowl anymore.

I'll celebrate when he retires as much as anyone, but at some point you just have to tip your cap and try to appreciate that how good he is. He's one of the few players in NFL history that are pretty much undisputed as the "goat".
Brady is clearly a great player. His 5000 yard season with Moss, Welker, and Hernandez (lol!) is proof of that.

What I hate about him is he's getting shit ass fucking lucky all the goddamn time in his later years, and people are claiming that's all him. I know football is a game of inches, and every QB out there has had some good and bad breaks in their careers that did or did not lead to championships, but this motherfucker is taking it to the extreme.

Had Dee Ford not lined up offsides, the Chiefs win, and Brady finishes that game with 1 TD and 3 INTs. You can also shave off all of his late game passing yards (about 100 of them). He would have been in his 40s against a young cannon of a QB, and he would have looked like utter fucking dogshit so much that people would remember his late career for choking, not winning. One fucking offsides away.

This one less so, but again in a conference championship, he gets to face the Packers without both starting tackles (hmm... how interesting) AND Aaron Rodgers doesn't run in for the easy TD. That one isn't as close of a call, since it was just bone-headedness from the opposing QB, but what was Brady's statline? Yep. This time he actually did throw 3 picks. If he loses that game, people look at him yet again as a choker.

How about losing two straight SBs to the Giants, and on his next one he gets a gift from God when his defense bails him out on that Wilson goal line INT? He loses that one, and he joins illustrious shit ass names like Horseface in the "lost three straight SBs" category. He still would have plenty of chances to get back to the big game, but the cards would certainly be stacked more defiantly against him at that point.

I know the Tyree helmet catch and the Eagles loss and all that can be argued the other way, but those other three examples are the kinds of jaw droppingly lucky ass breaks that you see maybe once in an illustrious career. Brady's had it happen to him three times, all occurrences within the last 25% of his career.

That's not greatness. That's not as a result of preparation or Marianne Williamson magnetic faith healing bullshit he believes in. That's just stupid ass fuckery that he fell ass over tea kettle into.

If I'm an all-time great like Dan Marino or Jim Kelly and I look at all the horseshoes that fall out of Brady's loose butthole, I'd want to throw a goddamn ax through my TV every time I watch one of his Super Bowls. What the hell did that motherfucker do to snatch magic like that and wind up winning championships he had no business winning? And why do I look at my trophy case and see zero wins, and why do I look at my career highlights and find NONE of the lucky ass breaks this dipshit gets?

I don't believe in karma, and I don't believe that luck has to balance out or regress to the mean or anything like that. But man, if those universal rules did apply, Brady would get Alex Smith'd on the first play of next season, the bacteria would work its way through his body, and he'd wind up as a brain in a jar for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:38 AM 06-18-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:43 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 10:11 AM 06-18-2021
This reminds me of when Steve McNair won MVP but had to share it with Peyton Manning.

One day Brady will retire and let Mahomes be the center of attention.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:26 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
This reminds me of when Steve McNair won MVP but had to share it with Peyton Manning.

Father Time will get Brady soon enough. When he finally does hit that cliff, it's gonna be pretty ugly. If he continues beyond 2021 that is.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:27 AM 06-18-2021
Stupid to have 2 players on the cover, esp 2 that have already been on the game cover.

Why not Aaron Donald or Travis Kelce ?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:28 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Father Time will get Brady soon enough. When he finally does hit that cliff, it's gonna be pretty ugly. If he continues beyond 2021 that is.
As long as he has good health, doable arm strength, and a OL that can keep him clean, he can play for 3 more yrs IMO.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:31 AM 06-18-2021
Nice cover, but does the game still suck ass?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:35 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Nice cover, but does the game still suck ass?
Yes.

Until theres another brand that can compete with Madden, it will always be nothing more than a $70 roster update.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:49 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Yes.

Until theres another brand that can compete with Madden, it will always be nothing more than a $70 roster update.
Yep, the trailer just popped up on my Facebook page. Same old player movements and graphics. Literally not a single difference.

It's sad, NFL 2K was going to run away with the market which is why EA swindled an exclusive rights deal. Such a complete joke, the game is unplayable at this point.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:53 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:

Except that Mahomes has already won his own solo NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP and has already had his own solo Madden cover.

So actually it's nothing like your loser QB.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:55 AM 06-18-2021
Like Brad, Pat is not above doing buddy pictures.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 01:11 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Except that Mahomes has already won his own solo NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP and has already had his own solo Madden cover.

So actually it's nothing like your loser QB.
The word in league circles is that Mahomes has a down year this year.
Think it's because of his lack of production in the super bowl.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up