Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes on Madden 22 Cover
wazu 08:18 AM 06-17-2021
But there's a catch...

what a time. ⏰ #Madden22 pic.twitter.com/BpupuKB4e3

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 17, 2021

[Reply]
DaFace 02:14 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm not reading anyone saying Mahomes is entitled to the cover by himself.

Just a bunch of fuck Tom Brady..... and the reason for that is fuck Tom Brady.
Is it weird that I'm kind of starting to hate him less? I mean, for a long time my hatred came from what I perceived to be him getting too much credit when he had Belichick and a great defense to support him.

But the guy goes to a completely different team and won the Super Bowl his first year there...at age 43...and looked fantastic while doing it. And even though he beat us, at least he won't be in the way of us making the Super Bowl anymore.

I'll celebrate when he retires as much as anyone, but at some point you just have to tip your cap and try to appreciate that how good he is. He's one of the few players in NFL history that are pretty much undisputed as the "goat".
[Reply]
wazu 02:22 PM 06-17-2021
Anybody remember when "goat" meant a player who was blamed for one terrible performance or play that ruined everything? "In that AFC Championship game, Dee Ford was the goat." This is how it used to be. At some point it became "Greatest of All Time" and it is kind of stupid so I think we should go back to the way it was before.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:25 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is it weird that I'm kind of starting to hate him less? I mean, for a long time my hatred came from what I perceived to be him getting too much credit when he had Belichick and a great defense to support him.

But the guy goes to a completely different team and won the Super Bowl his first year there...at age 43...and looked fantastic while doing it. And even though he beat us, at least he won't be in the way of us making the Super Bowl anymore.

I'll celebrate when he retires as much as anyone, but at some point you just have to tip your cap and try to appreciate that how good he is. He's one of the few players in NFL history that are pretty much undisputed as the "goat".
On the other hand, fuck him. He sucks.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:28 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
On the other hand, fuck him. He sucks.

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm not reading anyone saying Mahomes is entitled to the cover by himself.

Just a bunch of fuck Tom Brady..... and the reason for that is fuck Tom Brady.
Exactly.

Fuck Tom Brady.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:22 PM 06-17-2021
Tom Brady is the biggest PED scandal in sports history just waiting to get exposed.

Time go stop celebrating him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:44 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tom Brady is the biggest PED scandal in sports history just waiting to get exposed.

Time go stop celebrating him.
The amazing part is that there are actually people who truly believe he is pulling this shit off by eating kale and avocados and going to bed early. It's absurd.

Mind boggling how gullible people are. I highly doubt it will ever be exposed, though. I don't know who Brady sold his soul to, but he's getting every last cent out of that deal.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:08 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hope Brady gets raped to death by a chimpanzee
He'd be looking around for a ref to come save him
[Reply]
rydogg58 04:21 PM 06-17-2021
I found a pencil laying next to my computer, so I stabbed it in my left eye. It hurt like hell, but now I can't see Brady on the cover anymore, just Mahomes. Worth it.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:49 PM 06-17-2021

Remember the "Goat" has also been marred by not just one, but two cheating scandals during his career. Whether and how much he had a hand in that is another story. Both times his team was caught and penalized by the league. Plus some of his rings are him being the beneficiary of phenomenal luck (hard to give him credit for that 10-7 shootout against the Rams).
[Reply]
Bump 05:08 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Anybody remember when "goat" meant a player who was blamed for one terrible performance or play that ruined everything? "In that AFC Championship game, Dee Ford was the goat." This is how it used to be. At some point it became "Greatest of All Time" and it is kind of stupid so I think we should go back to the way it was before.
I do not remember that, no
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:23 PM 06-17-2021
geriatric - generational
officiated - original
aw shucks - awesome
tainted - talented
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06-17-2021, 06:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Rainbarrel.
Bearcat 06:55 PM 06-17-2021

I actually didn't hate him when he was with the Patriots.

...the Patriots beating both the Raiders and Rams in one postseason was pretty damn amazing at the time (at the time, the few Rams fans around here were pretty damn obnoxious, plus a few idiots I went to school with).
...there's the cheating and what not, but the Chiefs sucked for the vast majority of that time and it never really impacted my football fandom.
...I've never been one to hate successful players.
...I've never been one to hate seeing the same teams in the playoffs/SB every year as long as that team is worthy of being there... and they've played in some great playoff and SB games.
...I really thought that the 2018 AFCCG is when the Chiefs had 'arrived'. All I've ever wanted is for the Chiefs to contend with the best in the biggest games of the year, and they did that, even with the shitty defense.

So, I actually hate him more now given...
....the whole 'golden boy'/crying to the refs thing directly impacted the Chiefs' chances at winning a SB.
...the Bucs had a Knights-level of luck just to get to the SB, and similar to the Knights, it's so much more about the system than the talent (and there's still some respect with knowing how to win at 47yo or whatever).
...and while I really hope some NFC team can step up, any chance of Brady making the SB now significantly reduces my interest if the Chiefs also make it back (and destroys it otherwise), due to what happened in Feb. That's just a thing now until he retires.

Sour grapes and what not, but even if the Chiefs only had one in ten chance of winning that game, the calls in that game completely skewed my perspective, and if it's the Chiefs/Bucs next season, WTH would I get excited for that, have people over, treat it like the party it should be? And that really sucks.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:24 PM 06-17-2021
Easy fix
[Reply]
Iconic 07:30 PM 06-17-2021
I got lucky and scooped a beta code, gotta' say I'm not terribly impressed so far with the franchise add ons. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't really this. They kind of just laid the foundation and backbone of some interesting ideas but they seem relatively barren with little real impact on most things. I don't think we will see the fruits of it till the Madden cycle after this.

But then again they do have 3 live updates planned for franchise so maybe that helps.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up