ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which alternate living environment will you choose?
Underwater city (less than 100 feet underwater) 5 6.58%
On-water floating city (more than 200 miles from land) 20 26.32%
Underground city (100 to 500 feet under inhospitable desert or arctic environment) 2 2.63%
Cloud habitat (floating at about 10,000 feet above sea level, occasional rises over mountains) 10 13.16%
Earth orbiting satellite ship-city 2 2.63%
Lunar city 2 2.63%
Martian city 3 3.95%
Interstellar ship-city 12 15.79%
None of the above - I will die defending the land of my ancestors. 16 21.05%
I don't need a home. I wander aimlessly. 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Which alternate living environment would you choose?
Rain Man 06:55 PM 06-15-2021
The scuba thread made me think of my youth and all of the optimism about mankind living somewhere besides land.

Imagine that mankind's population is exploding, and technology is allowing us to live in other environments. You're in a group that is due to be reassigned from traditional land-based dwellings, and you get your choice. Which do you choose?

In all cases, assume that you're living in a habitat the supports roughly 30,000 people.

Poll to follow as soon as architectural technology allows.
[Reply]
oldman 10:21 PM 06-15-2021
I don't have enough data to make a really wise choice. First, is there good KC BBQ readily available? Same goes for beer and good grass. Is there an abundance of horny, nubile women that prefer old fat guys for crazy sex? Lastly, can we get all the Chiefs games on TV?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:22 PM 06-15-2021
Water World was the worst movie ever.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:30 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't have enough data to make a really wise choice. First, is there good KC BBQ readily available? Same goes for beer and good grass. Is there an abundance of horny, nubile women that prefer old fat guys for crazy sex? Lastly, can we get all the Chiefs games on TV?
You can get all of the Chiefs games on TV, but in the interstellar city they're shown on a 3,000-year time delay.

And yes, of course there are nubile women who prefer old fat guys. We want these scenarios to be realistic.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:13 PM 06-15-2021
As a paribajjaka I need no home. I seek the bar with satellite on Sunday afternoons, otherwise the dusty road is my only vihara.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:02 AM 06-16-2021
A gay ranch with a water slide that only uses lube
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Interstellar ship city. Give me a Fire Fly.
I'll take the Defiant.
[Reply]
eDave 12:06 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll take the Defiant.
Avalon. Minus the issues and all the sleeping.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:31 AM 06-16-2021
I would only willingly choose one of those if the Earth's surface became uninhabitable for some reason.

I like the current setup.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:44 AM 06-16-2021
I would love to live in space, or on the moon.
But I need a supply of mt dew.

Although the long term effects of low gravity may not be good.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:48 AM 06-16-2021
Cloud City all the way.

It's the only option really. It's just a simple process of elimination.

Underwater city: Aquaman, Namor, the green Snork - all notorious homosexuals. Hey, I'm as liberal as the next guy but that don't mean I want to share a property line with the queens of the seas.

On-water floating city: whoop-dee-****ing-doo. I mean it's practically a floating trailer park. Get your ****ing houseboat out of here Aqua-Cletus. Sail that heap out to the great Pacific garbage patch where it belongs.

Earth orbiting satellite ship-city: Hey, ****ing stay or ****ing leave. We ain't got time for this "orbiting" bullshit.

Lunar city: first off, I'm not taking sloppy seconds from Neil Armstrong. Second, you can stow all that "Magnificent Desolation" claptrap. We know that's just fancy Moon Man talk for "this place is a ****ing dump." Peddle that green cheese somewhere else, Buzz.

Martian city: if Mars is so hot then why do they keep trying to invade Earth? Yeah, it may be the fourth planet but it's strictly third world. Ain't nobody leaving NYC via Ellis Island to get to Ethiopia and ain't nobody leaving mother Earth to go bopping through a Stargate to get to the "Angry Red Planet."

Interstellar ship-city: space wet-backs

I will die defending the land of my ancestors: The Chicxulub impactor landed on us, we didn't land on the Chicxulub impactor. I don't owe terra firma shit.

I wander aimlessly: WTF kind of choice is this? Yeah, I'm gonna pass up the chance to live in a CLOUD CITY where I spend my days running down uppity condors and emptying my chamberpot on a bunch of Earthbound troglodytes to waste my life as a ****ing bag lady in some Cormac McCarthy hellscape.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:49 AM 06-16-2021
*wills myself to die defending my mountain like a dwarf in the lord of the rings
[Reply]
Otter 09:13 AM 06-16-2021
Since we're dreaming...

I've always dreamt of getting a house built inside a rock formation over the ocean similar to below. Built over the arch (on the scenic side) so oxygen and supplies come in from the floor which would be difficult to be vandalized by hoarders or mother nature. Get some high quality tempered tempered glass for your view and fuck all zombie apocalypse and WWIII.

Resources would be a problem but if you can refuel a F16 in mid-air then you can get me fuel for my generator. Maybe even a miniature nuclear power plant that would eliminate the fuel problem should the technology exist.

Second would be underwater city.

Now, get off my lawn! :-)

[Reply]
Sofa King 09:18 AM 06-16-2021
Would Mars/Moon have breathable oxygen, the opportunity for plant life, etc to make it similar to the Earth? Or would we be stuck in a big ass glass dome?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:44 AM 06-16-2021
At this point I’d die defending my land probably. I don’t want to start another career
[Reply]
cripple creek 01:26 PM 06-16-2021
interstellar
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up