ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:30 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Think all you want it still ain’t coming true
:-)

Tell that to Tyrann Mathieu I'll take his opinion and Braught Peach over yours any day.
[Reply]
-King- 05:45 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
:-)

Tell that to Tyrann Mathieu I'll take his opinion and Braught Peach over yours any day.
Yeah I'm surprised a player said positive things about a teammate in an interview. Crazy.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:56 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I'm surprised a player said positive things about a teammate in an interview. Crazy.
Originally Posted by :
”I think Mecole is hungrier than he’s ever been,” Mathieu told reporters in his Zoom press conference Thursday morning. “Each and every practice, he’s trying to find me — and I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment or disrespect. I know iron sharpens iron, but it seems like every day, he wants to see me. I’m grateful that I can get him better, it has been a pleasure to see him come to work. Even when he makes a mistake or drops a ball, he’s not hanging his head — he’s running back to the huddle.”
That isn’t your stereotypical “he looks great” type of player speak. He was very specific with his praise and I don’t see any reason to believe he’s not being genuine here.

Will it translate? We shall see, but it does sound like Hardman is locked in and hungry.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:56 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Tyrann Mathieu believes Mecole Hardman is ‘hungrier than he’s ever been’
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...-hes-ever-been

Yeah fuck the haters. He seeks out Tyrann to make himself a better football player.

I think he's going have his best season yet and really give us a show with what he can do with his speed and help get Tyreek open because how they going cover them and Travis?
Also...

Originally Posted by :
"Even when he makes a mistake or drops a ball, he’s not hanging his head — he’s running back to the huddle.”
Ugh. He's dropping passes and running the wrong routes again. But it's great that he's doing it with a sunnier disposition rather than hiding under a jacket on the bench like in the AFCCG.

(Fwiw - I like Hardman and am really pulling for him.)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:03 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Also...

Ugh. He's dropping passes and running the wrong routes again. But it's great that he's doing it with a sunnier disposition rather than hiding under a jacket on the bench like in the AFCCG.

(Fwiw - I like Hardman and am really pulling for him.)
“Mistakes” doesn’t necessarily mean “running the wrong routes”.

Guys make mistakes in practice. That’s what practice is for.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06-17-2021, 06:03 PM
This message has been deleted by CasselGotPeedOn.
staylor26 06:11 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Not that I'm complaining that he seems to be working hard, but shouldn't he be getting instruction from another receiver? Like maybe another guy with similar size and speed?

Spoiler!
Did you read? This isn’t about “getting instruction”? Tyrann is talking about Mecole wanting to go against him in practice.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 PM 06-17-2021
As former president Bill Clinton once said...

"There is nothing wrong with Mecole Hardman, that can't be fixed by whats right with Mecole Hardman"
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:14 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Did you read? This isn’t about “getting instruction”? Tyrann is talking about Mecole wanting to go against him in practice.
Derp. That's what I get for reading while driving. I read it as "after each practice.."
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:15 PM 06-17-2021
The interview from Tyrann is really promising honestly. Clearly he sees an opportunity to become a better player and is taking advantage of it. Hope it translates on the field.

Keep in mind this im saying this as someone who believes Mecole is as dumb as a doornail. I'd love to be wrong about that.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:15 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Derp. That's what I get for reading while driving. I read it as "after each practice.."
Lol honestly, I thought the same thing before I actually read it.

Probably because Rasputin said “he seeks out Tyrann to make himself a better football player”. That can be interpreted both ways.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:49 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Think all you want it still ain’t coming true
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...or-contenders/

One player from each NFL division set for 2021 breakout: Eight potential difference-makers for contenders

AFC West – Mecole Hardman, WR, Kansas City

You can't teach speed, but you can work on your hands and consistency. And I am betting that the 2019 second-round pick is ready to seize the opportunity provided by the exodus of Sammy Watkins. Can be become the Robin to Tyreek Hill's Batman? He came into the league raw, but Year Three can be when many a WR takes a turn for the better and starts to figure out what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

It's a great staff and the best quarterback on the planet and a master play-caller, which all work with him. I suspect it brings out more of Hardman than we have seen before the find his way into a greater timeshare of the snaps and targets in this voluminous offense. He can take a step up from one-trick-pony "speed guy" to a more reliable receiver.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:01 PM 06-17-2021
I just love this

[Reply]
Kiimo 07:07 PM 06-17-2021
Perhaps Hardman heard some of the "catch the ball and run your routes" chatter.

What I'm saying is, we did it guys.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:29 PM 06-17-2021
2019 Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NxfCvCB_Gs

2020 Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7RK-Qd38m0

In case anyone forgot how explosive this guy is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 PM 06-17-2021
I think the kid will be fine.

I think last year was weird with no OTA's and weird camp, and it slowed his progress.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 39
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up