ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I did a draft on "automatic" and let the competer draft based on our team's needs.

31. Zaven Collins - LB - Tulsa
63. Trey Smith - IOL - Tennessee
94. Spencer Brown - OT - Northern Iowa
136. Seth Williams - WR - Auburn
144. Janarius Robinson - EDGE - Florida State
176. Bryce Thompson - CB - Tennessee
180. LaBryan Ray - IDL - Alabama
252. Tony Poljan - TE - Virginia
Looks a lot like many of our own drafts. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:15 PM 03-02-2021
Traded 2nd & 3rd to move up in the 1st for Parsons. Traded original 1st for an early 2nd and to pick up a 3rd.

14. Micah Parsons LB, Penn State
35. Kadarius Toney WR, Florida
96. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
136. Ben Cleveland IOL, Georgia
144. Jonathon Cooper EDGE, Ohio State
252. Mustafa Johnson IDL, Colorado
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Traded 2nd & 3rd to move up in the 1st for Parsons. Traded original 1st for an early 2nd and to pick up a 3rd.

14. Micah Parsons LB, Penn State
35. Kadarius Toney WR, Florida
96. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
136. Ben Cleveland IOL, Georgia
144. Jonathon Cooper EDGE, Ohio State
252. Mustafa Johnson IDL, Colorado
Ouch. Costly.

But still not a bad draft overall.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:34 PM 03-02-2021
Fucked around with trades. Gave up 31 and my first next year to move up to 20. Gave up a 6th in 2022 for a 6th this year.

Christian Darrisaw
OT Virginia Tech
trade icon
KC

Creed Humphrey
OC Oklahoma
KC

Tylan Wallace
WR Oklahoma State
KC

Daelin Hayes
EDGE Notre Dame
KC

Cade Johnson
WR South Dakota State
KC

Janarius Robinson
EDGE Florida State
KC

Tre McKitty
TE Georgia
KC

K.J. Britt
LB Auburn
trade icon
KC

Olaijah Griffin
CB USC
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 03-02-2021
Man, I can't trade up. I can offer a king's ransom and they still decline.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:44 PM 03-02-2021
Finally got an accepted offer. Looks like if we trade up far enough, Parsons would definitely be in play.

Micah Parsons
LB Penn State
trade icon

Dillon Radunz
OT North Dakota State

Quinn Meinerz
OC Wisconsin-Whitewater
trade icon

Cade Johnson
WR South Dakota State
trade icon

Chauncey Golston
EDGE Iowa

Jamin Davis
LB Kentucky

Elerson Smith
EDGE Northern Iowa

Lorenzo Neal
DT Purdue
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:49 PM 03-02-2021
If they're going to trade up into the top 15, I can't see them doing it for Parsons. It's so expensive.

In general, IMO, it only makes sense for one of the truly elite positions:

QB
WR
DE
OT
CB

There's not much they could do that would make me question their decision, but moving up to take Parsons would.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:54 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they're going to trade up into the top 15, I can't see them doing it for Parsons. It's so expensive.

In general, IMO, it only makes sense for one of the truly elite positions:

QB
WR
DE
OT
CB

There's not much they could do that would make me question their decision, but moving up to take Parsons would.
The thing is, I traded up to 16 and none of the elite prospects at OT or WR were available. I could have taken someone like Patrick Surtain but other than that, there wasn't much there other than Parsons.

One more reason why I think they're much better off staying put at 31 or even trading down, not up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:59 PM 03-02-2021
I traded up to 18 because Paye was still there.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:25 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The thing is, I traded up to 16 and none of the elite prospects at OT or WR were available. I could have taken someone like Patrick Surtain but other than that, there wasn't much there other than Parsons.

One more reason why I think they're much better off staying put at 31 or even trading down, not up.
I was reading alot more into this the other night. The argument with trading down lies with the AV model and suggests teams trade down no more than 5 picks and not to trade up. It's kind of interesting, to be honest.

My memory seems to indicate the opposite, but I suppose over all trades in all rounds over 20, 30, 40 years, the AV argument holds. Obviously, more darts = more bullseyes.

It seems like every time a team trades down, especially early, they come out the losers much more often than not.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:55 AM 03-03-2021
My latest, from PFN. I really like this:

36. (Trade down for 36 and 83) Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami.

This assumes I like his medical report. Taking a risk but it just fills what they need right away so we’ll. If his medicals are still worrisome, Ronnie Perkins slides in here.

63. Brevin Jordan, Te, Miami. The Chiefs 12 personnel gets an immediate upgrade here and also gets ramped up in usage in 21 as a result.

83. James Hudson, T, Cincinnati. I start planning for a post-Eric Fisher world and get a high-upside T who may also be able to sub for Eric Fisher from Day 1. I don’t love the idea of moving guys around, but if Fisher comes back strong, Hudson could slide in to LG and upgrade that spot while waiting to take over T full time in 22.

98. (Trade back 2 spots for 98 and 133). Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri. I know, I know. Homer pick. But seeing someone I respect like Brett Kollman gush over him re-affirmed my belief he can be a real NFL star. Gillespie is a strong open field tackler who also has good tape against TEs (held Kyle Pitts to one catch for six yards). He gives KC a lot more juice, speed, and coverage ability in Sorenson’s role.

133. Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas. This is a versatile CB who fits KC’s outside corner profile.

144. Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State. I wait to take my X of the future and get a high-upside guy. Stock is down after a rough 2021 (bad situation) but his size/speed profile is DK Metcalf-lite. He may not start right away, but that’s OK getting him this late. Has the potential to become an elite threat in Years 2+.

256. Kayode Awosika, OL, Buffalo. Just a late-round flyer, but this small-school product has some real physical skill and was a nasty run blocker at T in college. Could be interesting if you put him inside.

All-in-all, I would be excited about this haul. Nice blend of “now” contributors at key spots (DE, S), high upside for the future (WR, OT) and an upgrade at a key supporting position (TE).

In FA, I’d need to handle C (either by retaining Reiter or signing another FA), supplement LB (likely with a SLB bandaid) and WR (someone I can plug at the X for a year while I see how Terry develops) but those are do-able. With Hudson, I likely also want a swing tackle I can roll with in case he isn’t ready to handle LT.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:13 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
My latest, from PFN. I really like this:

36. (Trade down for 36 and 83) Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami.

This assumes I like his medical report. Taking a risk but it just fills what they need right away so we’ll. If his medicals are still worrisome, Ronnie Perkins slides in here.

63. Brevin Jordan, Te, Miami. The Chiefs 12 personnel gets an immediate upgrade here and also gets ramped up in usage in 21 as a result.

83. James Hudson, T, Cincinnati. I start planning for a post-Eric Fisher world and get a high-upside T who may also be able to sub for Eric Fisher from Day 1. I don’t love the idea of moving guys around, but if Fisher comes back strong, Hudson could slide in to LG and upgrade that spot while waiting to take over T full time in 22.

98. (Trade back 2 spots for 98 and 133). Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri. I know, I know. Homer pick. But seeing someone I respect like Brett Kollman gush over him re-affirmed my belief he can be a real NFL star. Gillespie is a strong open field tackler who also has good tape against TEs (held Kyle Pitts to one catch for six yards). He gives KC a lot more juice, speed, and coverage ability in Sorenson’s role.

133. Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas. This is a versatile CB who fits KC’s outside corner profile.

144. Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State. I wait to take my X of the future and get a high-upside guy. Stock is down after a rough 2021 (bad situation) but his size/speed profile is DK Metcalf-lite. He may not start right away, but that’s OK getting him this late. Has the potential to become an elite threat in Years 2+.

256. Kayode Awosika, OL, Buffalo. Just a late-round flyer, but this small-school product has some real physical skill and was a nasty run blocker at T in college. Could be interesting if you put him inside.

All-in-all, I would be excited about this haul. Nice blend of “now” contributors at key spots (DE, S), high upside for the future (WR, OT) and an upgrade at a key supporting position (TE).

In FA, I’d need to handle C (either by retaining Reiter or signing another FA), supplement LB (likely with a SLB bandaid) and WR (someone I can plug at the X for a year while I see how Terry develops) but those are do-able. With Hudson, I likely also want a swing tackle I can roll with in case he isn’t ready to handle LT.
With you on Terry. I like him as a guy to target later in the draft. Does more for me than Dyami who people are pushing as high as round 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 03-03-2021
I absolutely LOVE Terry on day 3.

Like Robinson and other FSU prospects, he’s been the victim of playing on a really bad and borderline dysfunctional team.
[Reply]
el borracho 02:47 PM 03-03-2021
Trade downs!!

51. Daviyon Nixon
63. Josh Myers
74. D'ante Smith
94. Kenny Yeboah
136. Rodarius Williams
144. Sage Surratt
164. Janarius Robinson
176. Josh Imatorbhebhe
180. Israel Mukuamu
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:17 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I absolutely LOVE Terry on day 3.

Like Robinson and other FSU prospects, he’s been the victim of playing on a really bad and borderline dysfunctional team.
Give me Terry and Darden if we go OL or DL early.

Then KC has Tyreek Hill, Terry, Darden, and Mecole plus Kelce.

That's enough to mess people up real bad.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up