ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3516 of 3903
« First < 2516301634163466350635123513351435153516 3517351835193520352635663616 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:18 PM 06-17-2021
Nah that’s over

Everyone has made their choice at this point. Let the chips fall where they may
[Reply]
Tnerped 09:59 PM 06-17-2021
Lots of people getting sick December 2019, huh?

Shit ran through my family during that time too and I've had 1 other fever ever in my life.. and I was 6. Whatever it was hit me like a truck and I ended up sleeping for almost 24 hours. I woke up with my bed drenched in sweat, but I felt better besides a lingering cough that eventually got better.

My sister, considering she's overweight and pre diabetic, got hit the hardest and was out for 2 weeks. I've only worn masks when forced and had been going to quite a few bars when they were still open the first time. Makes you think, but I could care less.

...I'm not getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:16 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tnerped:

Shit ran through my family during that time too and I've had 1 other fever ever in my life.. and I was 6. Whatever it was hit me like a truck and I ended up sleeping for almost 24 hours. I woke up with my bed drenched in sweat, but I felt better besides a lingering cough that eventually got better.

My sister, considering she's overweight and pre diabetic, got hit the hardest and was out for 2 weeks. I've only worn masks when forced and had been going to quite a few bars when they were still open the first time. Makes you think, but I could care less.

That's quite the non-sequitur.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:32 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tnerped:

Lol alright
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:08 AM 06-18-2021
The UK recorded the most coronavirus cases in a day since mid-February, amid warnings the current wave of infections driven by the highly transmissible delta variant may still be weeks from peaking.

More than 11,000 new cases of the disease were reported on Thursday, along with 19 deaths, according to the Department Health. A study by Public Health England showed infection rates increasing across all age groups, but are highest among people aged 20 to 29. Separately, the government said eight in 10 adults have now had their first vaccine dose.

The data illustrates how the delta variant, first identified in India, upended the government’s plan to lift remaining pandemic restrictions this month. Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a four-week delay on Monday to allow more adults to receive a second dose of the vaccine, which data show significantly increases protection against the new strain.

“It is important to take up the offer of the vaccine to protect yourself and others," PHE Medical Director Yvonne Doyle said in an emailed statement. “Case rates have increased across all age groups and regions around England, and we are seeing further increases in hospitalizations."

Research from Imperial College London published Thursday found the prevalence of Covid-19 in England is increasing exponentially, driven by younger age groups that haven’t been vaccinated.

The current infection surge will “definitely" lead to more hospital admissions and deaths, England’s Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty told a medical conference on Thursday, according to the Press Association.

“The height of that surge is still uncertain and we’ll have to see how this goes over the next several weeks," he said. He also warned the National Health Service should brace for another wave of infections over the winter.
[Reply]
TLO 09:11 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
The UK recorded the most coronavirus cases in a day since mid-February, amid warnings the current wave of infections driven by the highly transmissible delta variant may still be weeks from peaking.

More than 11,000 new cases of the disease were reported on Thursday, along with 19 deaths, according to the Department Health. A study by Public Health England showed infection rates increasing across all age groups, but are highest among people aged 20 to 29. Separately, the government said eight in 10 adults have now had their first vaccine dose.

The data illustrates how the delta variant, first identified in India, upended the government’s plan to lift remaining pandemic restrictions this month. Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a four-week delay on Monday to allow more adults to receive a second dose of the vaccine, which data show significantly increases protection against the new strain.

“It is important to take up the offer of the vaccine to protect yourself and others," PHE Medical Director Yvonne Doyle said in an emailed statement. “Case rates have increased across all age groups and regions around England, and we are seeing further increases in hospitalizations."

Research from Imperial College London published Thursday found the prevalence of Covid-19 in England is increasing exponentially, driven by younger age groups that haven’t been vaccinated.

The current infection surge will “definitely" lead to more hospital admissions and deaths, England’s Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty told a medical conference on Thursday, according to the Press Association.

“The height of that surge is still uncertain and we’ll have to see how this goes over the next several weeks," he said. He also warned the National Health Service should brace for another wave of infections over the winter.
Don't worry. We have the "miracle drug" ivermictin to treat people now. No need to get the vaccine.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 06-18-2021
The “delay the second dose” probably wasn’t the best idea.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 06-18-2021
A lot of stuff out now that the delta variant isn’t really causing much difference than alpha
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:33 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
A lot of stuff out now that the delta variant isn’t really causing much difference than alpha
Could you be more specific?
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 06-18-2021
Just some studies I’ve glanced at on Twitter

I’ll see if I can find them
[Reply]
TLO 10:27 AM 06-18-2021

Would be interested in taking a look as well. Would be welcome news.
[Reply]
TLO 10:29 AM 06-18-2021
The “delay the second dose” probably wasn’t the best idea.
No. I didn't think it was a good idea when the UK brought it up in the first place. I'm glad the FDA, CDC, whoever it was didn't adopt that strategy here.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:30 AM 06-18-2021

Not sure if this is what you were seeing, but Public Health England has some preliminary calculations out regarding the variants:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_16.pdf

If I'm reading it correctly, Delta has a CFR or 0.3% vs. 2.0% for Alpha (see page 8), so that's somewhat good news at least. If that holds, we'll probably see cases continuing to be a problem, but in theory deaths shouldn't track as they have in the past.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:42 AM 06-18-2021
CFR change could be entirely a function of old/vulnerable being mostly vaccinated now.
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:45 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure if this is what you were seeing, but Public Health England has some preliminary calculations out regarding the variants:

If I'm reading it correctly, Delta has a CFR or 0.3% vs. 2.0% for Alpha (see page 8), so that's somewhat good news at least. If that holds, we'll probably see cases continuing to be a problem, but in theory deaths shouldn't track as they have in the past.
Interesting, thanks. I wonder if that has to do with the age demographic being hit hardest by Delta. And, 2% CFR... Yikes.
[Reply]
Page 3516 of 3903
« First < 2516301634163466350635123513351435153516 3517351835193520352635663616 > Last »
Up