ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Happy 81st BD Bobby Bell
gblowfish 03:06 PM 06-17-2021
First outside linebacker inducted into the Pro Football HOF. Great man.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:10 PM 06-17-2021
I’ve met him at least 5-6 times in person. Couldn’t have been more gracious every time. Or give his unvarnished opinion on the team.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:24 PM 06-17-2021
Happy Bday Bobby!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:59 PM 06-17-2021
Great guy. Used to go his BBQ restaurant when I was younger.

Best overall athlete in history. The guy could do everything.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:03 PM 06-17-2021
Such a classy guy and All-Time Chief Great! Happy B-day!
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 08:11 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve met him at least 5-6 times in person. Couldn’t have been more gracious every time. Or give his unvarnished opinion on the team.

I've met him 2-3 times at autograph signings as well. The man was down to earth and one of the most personable athletes I've met (Will Shields as well). Happy 81st big guy!!!
[Reply]
srvy 08:29 PM 06-17-2021
I have met Bobby Bell more times than I can count. Me and my buddies would have many a meal at Bobby Bells BBQ in the Northland. He was there pretty often, especially in the offseason. Many of us were involved in sports in the Northland especially my friends. Bobby's BBQ sponsored many of them. He got to know us pretty well and would often sit with us while our food was prepared and talk about sports. Just a genuine personable nice fellow. His wife who was always there was if it could be possible was an even nicer lady. Just salt of the earth people when he closed it was a sad day here. Before the only other real BBQ was Marty's but the backroom Mafioso made you feel like you could be a victim of a River Quey bombing incident. Bobby's location was taken over bt Margaritas and is still there and thriving today.

Hard to believe the legend is now in his 80's.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:51 AM 06-18-2021
Happy birthday Bobby
[Reply]
Up