ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Permasuck Edwards serving up the Death Penalty for ASU
BryanBusby 06:32 PM 06-16-2021

Updated story on alleged ASU recruiting violations from @DougHaller and @BruceFeldmanCFB

* Herm Edwards now directly implicated.

* "Hiding" recruits in a stadium suite during COVID dead period.

Much more.https://t.co/6vr4OVL6B2

— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) June 16, 2021

:-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:01 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Carl traded a 4th rounder for Herm. ::-):
And a 1st or 2nd for Vermeil, don't remember which as Trent was also in that mix.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:47 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wrong-o.

Years ago Zilla white knighted Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards.

His postulation was Squirmin Herman Morher****ing Sack of **** Edwards was exactly what we needed because we needed to get younger. And all in all he was pretty close.

I couldn’t let such ridiculous positions stand unchallenged so while I should have been sleeping I went through the career of each player on the final roster of Vermiel and the final roster of God ****ing Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards had successfully and wholly decimated the Chiefs roster. HILARIOUSLY Vermeils final roster had more players play 3 years than Squirmin Herman Morher****ing Sack of **** Edwards.

So in terms of serviceable players, there were more years of service remaining on Vermiels team than Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and his “youth movement”.

Now I know that’s not what you said, but Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards, while not inheriting an optimal team, that loudmouth fraud **** wasn’t cleaning up shit. He was just doing his normal ****ing dogshit floundering around and blathering on about bullshit.

Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards was completely and wholly ****ing worthless. **** that ****ing guy.
Herm was not a very good coach. But he was right to blow the team up to smithereens considering vermeil and gun put that team in insane cap hell for trying to buy playoff games they couldn't win. He handed Pioli a dream situation for a GM - a young roster with a gazillion dollars in cap space and it got pissed away.

Sorry not sorry.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:13 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Correct and Carl was responsible for assembling the players.
Vermeil and Al Saunders initiated the Chiefs interest in acquiring Trent Green and Priest Holmes.

The Rams were looking to trade Trent Green and the Ravens had minimal interest in keeping Priest Holmes.

So Carl’s “achievement” was being a facilitator… congrats.
[Reply]
tk13 08:28 PM 06-17-2021
It was a team effort, Vermeil stuck with Greg Robinson way too long. But even when that was done, Gunther was basically thrown on him which was always weird because he was the guy Vermeil replaced. I don't recall any other team ever doing something like that. And if you remember Gunther stuck around for Herm, then threw him right under the bus on the way out. Said everyone knew he wasn't a zone defense guy. Even with Herm's shortcomings, why stick him with a DC who hated Herm's defensive philosophy?

Really all of that comes back to Carl. Stayed way too long, didn't draft well enough and shoved a DC on his last two coaches who apparently hated the style of defense he was being hired to coach.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:45 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
It was a team effort, Vermeil stuck with Greg Robinson way too long. But even when that was done, Gunther was basically thrown on him which was always weird because he was the guy Vermeil replaced. I don't recall any other team ever doing something like that. And if you remember Gunther stuck around for Herm, then threw him right under the bus on the way out. Said everyone knew he wasn't a zone defense guy. Even with Herm's shortcomings, why stick him with a DC who hated Herm's defensive philosophy?

Really all of that comes back to Carl. Stayed way too long, didn't draft well enough and shoved a DC on his last two coaches who apparently hated the style of defense he was being hired to coach.
Closest I can think of is Dave Campo with the Cowboys.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:51 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:

Let's not forget a despicable draft history from his buddy Lynn stiles. Then instead of blowing the team up trying to bandaid the team with Damon Huard and Damion McIntosh.

A halfway competent DC gets us a playoff win under vermeil. Even a below average draft track record during the vermeil years would have done it. Instead we ended up with a geriatric roster we kept putting on a credit card. By the end of Carl's run he was running a front office of cigar buddies.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:56 PM 06-17-2021
Compare how Carl tried (and failed) to improve the defense during the Vermeil years to how Veach rebuilt the Chiefs defense in one offseason into a Super Bowl-caliber defense.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:01 PM 06-17-2021
That helmet in the op is queer as hell.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:56 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Herm was not a very good coach. But he was right to blow the team up to smithereens considering vermeil and gun put that team in insane cap hell for trying to buy playoff games they couldn't win. He handed Pioli a dream situation for a GM - a young roster with a gazillion dollars in cap space and it got pissed away.

Sorry not sorry.
Still wrong dude. That team was straight fucking shit save what did we decide - 6 dudes.

Stay wrong, I guess.

Originally Posted by Pablo:
That helmet in the op is queer as hell.
Holy fuck. How did I not notice that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:12 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Sorry not sorry.
Herm handed Fat Scott a team with Broken Croyle as it’s supposed franchise QB.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up