ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:44 PM 01-07-2023
Time to re-evaluate this, Chiefsplanet.

An understated part of the 2022 season is how often the Chiefs have lined Chris up at Defensive End on obvious passing downs.

And he has wrecked from that spot this year. 15.5 sacks, matching a career high and it SHOULD have been 16.5 (why did that after the play penalty against the Colts invalidate a sack?)

Another elite year from the MVP of our defense.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:37 PM 01-07-2023
Bumping because I believe there’s space for good discussion here but will leave it be if I’m alone in that take.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 01-07-2023
like most things spags has done to our defense, they get better with age

this is only a concern for me going forward if we face lamar
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:39 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
like most things spags has done to our defense, they get better with age

this is only a concern for me going forward if we face lamar
Without looking at data, I want to say they’ve been way more selective about when they’re lining him up there (3rd and longs, up by 2+ scores, or in 2 minute drills/obvious passing situations).

That has allowed CJ to FEAST.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:41 PM 01-07-2023
He comes cheaper at DT and he seems to be at his best when we move him around so there’s no need to try to make a permanent switch to DE where he’d be exposed again by a mobile QB and read option heavy offense.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:54 PM 01-07-2023
He also seems bigger this year. I mean he's a fucking monster!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 PM 01-07-2023
I know we don’t pay people like him, but fucking pay the man his money. We’d seriously be lost without him on defense.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:57 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He comes cheaper at DT and he seems to be at his best when we move him around so there’s no need to try to make a permanent switch to DE where he’d be exposed again by a mobile QB and read option heavy offense.
Oh yeah, I want no part of him being moved to DE full time (well, I should caveat this, because I didn't want him at DE at ALL after last year).

But him rotating in and out of that spot has seemed to be an awesome adjustment this year. He just wrecks OT's with bullrushes and it's beautiful to watch.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:16 PM 01-29-2023
BUMP
[Reply]
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Up