Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The Wire

Shawshank Redemption
IMO, Shawshank Redemption was an awesome show
[Reply]
blake5676 04:04 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The Wire
You should reconsider this one. Twenty years later and I still firmly believe it is a masterpiece. The best series ever created IMO.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
You should reconsider this one. Twenty years later and I still firmly believe it is a masterpiece. The best series ever created IMO.
I concur as well.

Still my favorite show of all-time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:16 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Any Star Trek TV series besides STTNG with the recent exception of Star Trek Picard.
Ooofff, you picked the wrong one. Star Trek Strange New Worlds is terrific.

Originally Posted by blake5676:
I am on the struggle bus trying to get through the 2nd season. It's a total slog for me so far.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:51 PM 01-09-2023
Big Bang....pure garbage TV

American Bachelor Voice with the Stars idol ...all those shit shows

Harry Potter
[Reply]
blake5676 02:36 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Ooofff, you picked the wrong one. Star Trek Strange New Worlds is terrific.

I am on the struggle bus trying to get through the 2nd season. It's a total slog for me so far.
Pretty common response for most people. At least on first viewing. It's an abrupt shift of focus with all new characters and the people/story from Season 1 going to the backburner, temporarily. If you can't tell by my profile pic, it's my favorite season :-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:45 AM 01-08-2023
Heat
[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 PM 01-08-2023
I don't generally watch shows about drugs or criminals. Movies are fine, but to watch a series that goes on and on, I just don't care. As a result, I've never watched shows like Breaking Bad or the Sopranos. Just not my cup of tea.

And there's only one example of this that I can thing of, but I don't give a fuck about degenerate gamblers, either. There was a show on HBO several years ago called Luck, about degenerate gamblers betting on horse races. I made it through about half of the first episode.

And if a show is set in Chicago, or about lawyers, I'm not watching it. Because I worked in Chicago for lawyers for decades, and fuck Chicago and lawyers. I guess the only exceptions to this are old Law and Order episodes and Married With Children.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 PM 01-08-2023
Yeah, I watched The Wire for the first time a few years back. It’s dated now, but it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:12 AM 01-09-2023
I missed out on Breaking Bad, just never made time for it for whatever reason
[Reply]
old_geezer 09:25 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I missed out on Breaking Bad, just never made time for it for whatever reason
My son is (was?) a huge fan of this series. Under his prodding I attempted to watch it but only made it through 3-4 episodes. Under his constant pressure to give it a second chance I tried again. Don't remember when I gave up again but I didn't make it through the 1st season. Not a single character on the show that I gave a damn what happened to them.
[Reply]
srvy 09:40 AM 01-09-2023
I enjoyed Breaking Bad but strangely never could get started with Better call Saul.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up