ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
GloucesterChief 11:36 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There are guys that will go in the first due to a higher floor, and there will be guys that will go in the 2nd and possibly into the 3rd and 4th that will become much better NFL players due to higher ceilings.

Watson is a guy I like better than some of the 'top' guys because his ceiling is 'generational talent'. His floor is '4th WR, special teams guy.' So I get taking a kid like Olave over him, though I think there's a 50/50 chance you'd regret it in a couple years.

But when people are throwing names around like David Bell, I wonder what they're seeing, or basing their rankings on.
No the bottom of Watson is John Ross. Ross simply outran everybody in college. Turns out he freaking sucked at the NFL level as he had no moves or route running skills at all and was injury prone.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
No the bottom of Watson is John Ross. Ross simply outran everybody in college. Turns out he freaking sucked at the NFL level as he had no moves or route running skills at all and was injury prone.
See, saying that tells me that you have not watched any video on Watson.

Watson is not John Ross, at all.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:51 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
See, saying that tells me that you have not watched any video on Watson.

Watson is not John Ross, at all.
I've seen the tape.....this guy COULD be a WR unlike any WR that comes to mind at the moment. But from what I see he could easily be Jacoby Jones from the Ravens. I'm not completely sold on him as a first rounder. If he's there at our second pick....go for it

FWIW though he's on par with Treylon Burks to me
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:08 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I've seen the tape.....this guy COULD be a WR unlike any WR that comes to mind at the moment. But from what I see he could easily be Jacoby Jones from the Ravens. I'm not completely sold on him as a first rounder. If he's there at our second pick....go for it

FWIW though he's on par with Treylon Burks to me
I think Burks is a higher floor, lower ceiling guy. I think he's probably AJ Brown, which is a fine addition.

Watson is either....well, basically MVS or he might be Randy Moss.

I don't know that I'd take him in the first, but I'd jump on him in the second. IF they took him in the first I wouldn't be mad about it because it would mean they interviewed him and he knocked their socks off. Physically, the kid is a freak. If he's a really sharp football mind too, then he's much less of a risk.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:01 PM 03-27-2022
Regarding Watson's production relative to his competition...

I thnk the fact NDSU runs so much is obscuring his productivity.

He pulled in roughly 1/3 of the team's passing yards over the course of his two healthy seasons there (freshman, when he led them in receiving, and junior, when he led them in receiving far and away).

He's not just a fast guy blowing by people, either. If you watch him, you see a man with uncommon agility and wiggle for a player his size (which is backed up by his athletic scores). He makes a lot of guys miss in the open field.

I'm not sure he's worth a 1st, but I'm not sure he isn't.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:22 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He pulled in roughly 1/3 of the team's passing yards over the course of his two healthy seasons there (freshman, when he led them in receiving, and junior, when he led them in receiving far and away).

He's not just a fast guy blowing by people, either. If you watch him, you see a man with uncommon agility and wiggle for a player his size (which is backed up by his athletic scores). He makes a lot of guys miss in the open field.

NDSU went with a two QB system for most of the year. They had one QB who was awful. All he threw was ducks. Watson is legit. He had a couple of great catches against Missouri State. He went against our All-American CB. Difference in the game was Watson.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 03-27-2022

This sums up my thoughts exactly.

Would I take him in the 1st? No.

But I won’t complain about taking a guy with his size and speed either. There’s enough smoke about him going in the 1st that we shouldn’t be surprised by it.
[Reply]
kcbubb 04:51 PM 03-27-2022
I agree. His tape is intriguing. He appears very athletic and super fast, but Determining his ability is difficult with the inferior competition.

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 03-28-2022

WR landing spots in the 2022 NFL Draft, per @PFF_AustinGayle pic.twitter.com/tKkolsjF3O

— PFF (@PFF) March 28, 2022

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:19 AM 03-28-2022
I am fine with that. I also think we take 2 WRs in the draft.

Some combination of Watson, Pierce, Bell, Ezukanma, or Wan'Dale Robinson is fine with me.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This gets me horny.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This gets me horny.
Yep. Lot's of names still left if those guys go off the board in that order.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Lot's of names still left if those guys go off the board in that order.
If you click on it, they have Burks going to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If you click on it, they have Burks going to the Chiefs.
Yep. I kind of like it. I'm not super high on Burks like he should be a top 20 pick or anything but at 29 or 30, he makes a ton of sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 03-28-2022
The only question I have about Burks.....is the report that he ran a lot of his stuff out of the slot at Arkansas. Can he be the outside WR in this offense?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up