ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your opinion of Dairy Queen?
Rain Man 07:05 PM 01-20-2022
I've never been a huge fan of their food, but the ice cream stuff is pretty good. If a store still carries it, a Mr. Misty Freeze is top-notch, and a regular Mr. Misty is great to nurse on for an hour or so on long car trips.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've never been a huge fan of their food, but the ice cream stuff is pretty good. If a store still carries it, a Mr. Misty Freeze is top-notch, and a regular Mr. Misty is great to nurse on for an hour or so on long car trips.
A Mr Misty Float is my favorite frozen treat of all time.

I vaguely recall a Freeze. Was it a just a Float but blended?
[Reply]
TLO 07:19 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Correct. Delicious.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:47 PM 01-20-2022

Yessir. Cherry or Grape?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:48 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Yessir. Cherry or Grape?
Grape
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:02 PM 01-20-2022

Pretty much.

I don't know if Freezes are still on the menu or not, or whether it's a franchise-specific decision. I haven't been to a Dairy Queen in Denver for a decade and I think they didn't have them the last time I went. But I was up in Minnesota last summer and stopped at a Dairy Queen that offered it. My face lit up like a 50-something child at Christmas.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:11 PM 01-20-2022
When I was a kid, there used to be one on 40 HWY down from Shakee's.

Going there was a treat, and if you weren't acting the fool, you might luck out and get a Banana Split.

On a hot summer night, that was the bomb.
[Reply]
sedated 09:27 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Going there was a treat, and if you weren't acting the fool, you might luck out and get a Banana Split.

On a hot summer night, that was the bomb.
I've never understood the appeal of a banana split. Never wanted one, one was bought for me on my b-day years ago, never considered ordering one again.

My dad and his family loved them, is it a generational thing?
[Reply]
srvy 09:54 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I've never understood the appeal of a banana split. Never wanted one, one was bought for me on my b-day years ago, never considered ordering one again.

If you ever had a Zarda Dairy with hard serve ice cream and real fruit syrup you might have another opinion. Sadly they are gone now but you can get close in SE Ks, Oklahoma, or SW Mo with Brahm's.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:33 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
If you ever had a Zarda Dairy with hard serve ice cream and real fruit syrup you might have another opinion. Sadly they are gone now but you can get close in SE Ks, Oklahoma, or SW Mo with Brahm's.
I used to work at Zarda's as a stocker and at the gas station on 63rd. For years after I couldn't eat soft serve. The soft serve machines weren't the best kept devices. They did have the best hand dipped Ice Cream and treats for the time. I don't know how I didn't get fat working there.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 04:41 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:

Maybe. I'm 75 and I have always loved them. I always request Pineapple, Marshmallow, and Chocolate as the 3 toppings. With Pecans.

I also like DQ's BBQ Beef sandwich. And the foot long coney.

And their chocolate dip cones. Oh.....and the Dilly Bars. Although the Dilly Bars that you get today are about 1/4th the size as they were back when I was a kid. Same with the Ice Cream Sandwiches.

So yes, I guess you could say that I like Dairy Queen.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:43 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Maybe. I'm 75 and I have always loved them. I always request Pineapple, Marshmallow, and Chocolate as the 3 toppings. With Pecans.

I also like DQ's BBQ Beef sandwich. And the foot long coney.

And their chocolate dip cones. Oh.....and the Dilly Bars. Although the Dilly Bars that you get today are about 1/4th the size as they were back when I was a kid. Same with the Ice Cream Sandwiches.

So yes, I guess you could say that I like Dairy Queen.
God dammit
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:05 PM 01-20-2022
Flamethrower burger is delicious
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:07 PM 01-20-2022
I’d pass on the DQ and get the LJS platter instead.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:09 PM 01-20-2022
In all seriousness most of the DQ food around here is average to above average for fast food. Biggest problem is the lines take god damn forever, inside or out.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up