ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 382
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 02:28 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Coleman Liquor corner of 119th & Blackbob. Called and verified they have Tank 7, Dark Truth, and 6th Glass 4-packs. They're open until 11 p.m. today.
Awesome. Thanks!
[Reply]
the Talking Can 04:01 PM 11-26-2010
well, after drinking numerous Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stouts (because it was a revelation) i finally moved on to some other stouts

rogue shakespeare stout - a good beer, but didn't wow me for some reason, thin body, probably still comparing things unfavorably to the yeti

stone imperial russian stout - very fine, enjoyed immensely

and now tonight for the ku game:

left hand brewery 2009 oak aged imperial stout

on recommendation of my beer guy (also have a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout as backup, i'm reading some very mixed reviews for the left hand, oh well)...he also mentioned a Mikkeller Chipotle Porter, anyone tried it?

hard to imagine liking it for more than a few drinks
[Reply]
MichaelH 05:29 PM 11-26-2010
I'm all for the microbrewed thing. I have consumed enough on this list to sink a small ship. But I sense the market is changing. The beers are beginning to taste like wine. Or something worse. At this moment I am enjoying a good 'ol Moosehead and feel beers like this will never die.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:20 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
well, after drinking numerous Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stouts (because it was a revelation) i finally moved on to some other stouts

rogue shakespeare stout - a good beer, but didn't wow me for some reason, thin body, probably still comparing things unfavorably to the yeti

stone imperial russian stout - very fine, enjoyed immensely

and now tonight for the ku game:

left hand brewery 2009 oak aged imperial stout

on recommendation of my beer guy (also have a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout as backup, i'm reading some very mixed reviews for the left hand, oh well)...he also mentioned a Mikkeller Chipotle Porter, anyone tried it?

hard to imagine liking it for more than a few drinks
You shouldn't compare Rogue Shakespeare Stout or Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout to Great Divide Yeti-family beers. There are stouts and then there are imperial stouts. Very different beasts with different merits.

Mikkeller's Chipotle Porter is actually very good. Easily the best beer brewed with chiles that I've ever had. It is very drinkable. The slow burn of the peppers works quite well with the chocolate flavors.

Originally Posted by MichaelH:
I'm all for the microbrewed thing. I have consumed enough on this list to sink a small ship. But I sense the market is changing. The beers are beginning to taste like wine. Or something worse. At this moment I am enjoying a good 'ol Moosehead and feel beers like this will never die.
I would like to have this discussion with you. The discussion about beers beginning to taste like wine. Could you elaborate on that?
[Reply]
RaidAM 08:22 PM 11-26-2010
I just don't like beer...
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:23 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by RaidAM:

[Reply]
luv 08:23 PM 11-26-2010
So, why post?
[Reply]
RaidAM 08:25 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by luv:
So, why post?
This is a forum. I am allowed to make my opinion known, am I not?
[Reply]
luv 08:26 PM 11-26-2010
This is a forum. I am allowed to make my opinion known, am I not?
Oh yay, you're one of those.
[Reply]
RaidAM 08:27 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by luv:
Oh yay, you're one of those.
Way to make a new member feel welcome...
[Reply]
luv 08:28 PM 11-26-2010
It's a forum. I'm allowed to question you, am I not?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:32 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
You shouldn't compare Rogue Shakespeare Stout or Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout to Great Divide Yeti-family beers. There are stouts and then there are imperial stouts. Very different beasts with different merits.

Mikkeller's Chipotle Porter is actually very good. Easily the best beer brewed with chiles that I've ever had. It is very drinkable. The slow burn of the peppers works quite well with the chocolate flavors.
yeah, i figured i was being unfair to them...

re the left hand..it has a boozy, liquor-like aftertaste and mouthfeel...as i'm not a liquor drinker, i didn't like it at first...but about half way through it is growing on me...probably won't buy it again but i can see how a spirits drinker could dig it..
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:33 PM 11-26-2010
:-)

yeah, we're known for making noobs feel welcome...
[Reply]
kstater 08:37 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
Where are the boulevard smokestack 4 packs being sold? I'm in Olathe today and want to take a few back to arkansas.
I so loaded up in KC before coming back down to Central Arkansas.

Rough list:

4X Tank 7 12oz
6X Odell 90 Shilling
1X Modus Hoperandi
1X Left Hand Milk Stout
6X SN Celebration 2010
6X Anchor Christmas(Most excellent BTW)
1X Racer 5
2X Hennepin
1X SN 30th Brewers Reserve
1X Cuvee Renee Lindeman's
1X Odell Hemp Hop Rye
1X Weihenstephaner Hefe
1X Trappists Rochefort 10
1X Bell Two Hearted Ale
1X Bellhaven Scottish Ale
1X Hop Czar
1X 8 Ball Stout
1X Avery Ellis Brown
1X Bell's Porter
1X Orval
1X Saranic Caramel Porter
1X Westmalle Dubbel
1X Lagunitas Little Sumpin Wild

And that's not including the many, many great beers I had while in KC. Off the top of my drunk head:
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Saison Dupont
Yeti RIS Chocolate Oak Aged(Meh. The cayenne was a bit over the top)
Hop Rod Rye
75th St IPA
75th St Summit IPA
[Reply]
luv 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM
This message has been deleted by luv.
irishjayhawk 09:28 PM 11-26-2010
Bear Republic's Big Bear Black Stout was, at first, meh but at finish, a solid unflavored stout. Red Rocket Ale though is good from 1st sip.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 382
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up