ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 10-11-2023
About 1/3 of the way through and Talon Karrde - cool character. I suspect he becomes one of those anti-hero types soon enough.

Stuff like this just pisses me off more and more at how badly Disney has rat-fucked this entire universe. There's such an amazing universe to work within here and the damn trash-heap sequel trilogy is what we got.

Just...why? How? This should've been impossible to fuck up.

And yet they sure did.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:51 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
When did he say that?

In responding to Hera's question about Sabine using the force, he said “The Force resides in all living things, but you have to be open to it."

Hence, no talent but suddenly Deus ex Machina she is at the very last moment because Ezra wasn't the centralized protagonist.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:58 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hence, no talent but suddenly Deus ex Machina she is at the very last moment because Ezra wasn't the centralized protagonist.
you are a fucking joke
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:07 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you are a fucking joke
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ts-1235612439/

They can't write a good arc about force users to save their life and apparently that might be the case.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 AM 10-12-2023
:-)

Dude it has an 86% RT score and 70% audience score. It was a fine show.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:05 AM 10-12-2023
Only if that's the confirmation bias you're looking for.

There is a clear arc that begins in the animated series, continuing with Bridger leaving his lightsaber behind with Chopper to give to Sabine, with her off-screen training with Ahsoka Tano, that picks back up in this series, and shows her struggling.

It culminates with her having a breakthrough moment under duress and finally tapping into the Force.

IE, after years of struggling with opening herself to the Force and not being able to find the focus, clarity, and balance needed to do so (as shown both overtly and non-overtly), she had a couple of positive life events that helped her find balance and then in the next life-threatening situation she experienced, she was able to connect in a way she had not before.

It's specifically the opposite of everything you're complaining about here (and people have complained about re: Rey and Luke). She's not a Mary Sue. Mary Sues aren't shown struggling and failing for years like that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:22 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Only if that's the confirmation bias you're looking for.

There is a clear arc that begins in the animated series, continuing with Bridger leaving his lightsaber behind with Chopper to give to Sabine, with her off-screen training with Ahsoka Tano, that picks back up in this series, and shows her struggling.

It culminates with her having a breakthrough moment under duress and finally tapping into the Force.

IE, after years of struggling with opening herself to the Force and not being able to find the focus, clarity, and balance needed to do so (as shown both overtly and non-overtly), she had a couple of positive life events that helped her find balance and then in the next life-threatening situation she experienced, she was able to connect in a way she had not before.

It's specifically the opposite of everything you're complaining about here (and people have complained about re: Rey and Luke). She's not a Mary Sue. Mary Sues aren't shown struggling and failing for years like that.

That's incorrect, we never saw her struggle when she was off-screened, it waslike " okay I'll give it try" because there was no indication before she boarded with Ahsoka in Rebels that she'll be trained and it was said more than once even by herself she had no talent then suddenly she can force push and pull when a death trooper was going to kill her. That's not a clear arc, it's convenient plot armor if it was gradual yes, but she was never had talent like Ezra.

It's like anyone can be a basketball player and go from high school to the pros without the talent to do so. It's diminishing the metaphysical reverence because not everyone can do it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:39 AM 10-12-2023
That's incorrect, we never saw her struggle when she was off-screened, it waslike " okay I'll give it try" because there was no indication before she boarded with Ahsoka in Rebels that she'll be trained and it was said more than once even by herself she had no talent then suddenly she can force push and pull when a death trooper was going to kill her. That's not a clear arc, it's convenient plot armor if it was gradual yes, but she was never had talent like Ezra.

It's like anyone can be a basketball player and go from high school to the pros without the talent to do so. It's diminishing the metaphysical reverence because not everyone can do it.
You're a fucking tool. A completely useless one at that. It seems like you have some type of agenda to push.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 AM 10-13-2023

How would we see her OFFSCREEN do anything? It was referenced. Time was spent in the first few episodes discussing the difficulty she and Ahsoka had as master-apprentice. Huyang discussed it.

We saw her take up the lightsaber and get her ass kicked by Skoll's apprentice.

We saw her training with Ahsoka again and having difficulty.

We saw her on multiple occasions trying to focus and balance and move things with the Force.

Did you have a problem with him being able to close his eyes and fire the torpedos into the Death Star perfectly even though every attempt we'd seen him make with the Force prior to that point ended in failure? Did you have a problem with Luke summoning his lightsaber in the cave on Hoth?

The concept that crisis sometimes is an impetus for people to find the focus to do something they've tried and failed to do before is not unique to the scene you're complaining about, Star Wars, storytelling, or real life.

You call it plot armor, but that just makes me more convinced that you don't know what plot armor actually is but have heard the term and think it sounds cool.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 PM 10-13-2023
Luke was getting his ass kicked by Tusken Raiders at the start of the movie and in the span of a couple days took out Imperial Stormtroopers like they were NOTHING! Had ZERO training flying in an X-Wing and somehow managed to be the ONLY dude to make it down the trench AND fire an impossible shot.

MARY SUE!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:58 AM 10-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
How would we see her OFFSCREEN do anything? It was referenced. Time was spent in the first few episodes discussing the difficulty she and Ahsoka had as master-apprentice. Huyang discussed it.

We saw her take up the lightsaber and get her ass kicked by Skoll's apprentice.

We saw her training with Ahsoka again and having difficulty.

We saw her on multiple occasions trying to focus and balance and move things with the Force.

Did you have a problem with him being able to close his eyes and fire the torpedos into the Death Star perfectly even though every attempt we'd seen him make with the Force prior to that point ended in failure? Did you have a problem with Luke summoning his lightsaber in the cave on Hoth?

The concept that crisis sometimes is an impetus for people to find the focus to do something they've tried and failed to do before is not unique to the scene you're complaining about, Star Wars, storytelling, or real life.

You call it plot armor, but that just makes me more convinced that you don't know what plot armor actually is but have heard the term and think it sounds cool.

Easy, you'd flashback her legitimate struggles, while training during years those years then dreams to further the process That would cut it down for 2 seasons. A big part of this training is the dedication to it, and not discard it. It was power up reaching for her light saber. With Luke he was The Chosen Son, and the audience never seen such rigors or mysticism of the Jedi arts.Especially when it's introduced to you as a child it holds greater context.

In today's medium, like Keanu Reeves The Matrix they kept repeating that Neo was The Chosen One to hammer it in so like Jesus when he died he came back as a demigod. It's difficult on a TV series medium to really it I'll take time to really go through that journey.

The Force itself can't wielded by everyone, and if they can then it diminishes it to a degree that it's like a taking a piss while drunk.

I can say something about your personal attacks, but I won't go there
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:59 PM 10-14-2023

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:09 PM 10-14-2023
I can honestly see this happening. Filoni is very much into fan service (which I love about him).
[Reply]
bowener 11:00 AM 10-17-2023
Luke was getting his ass kicked by Tusken Raiders at the start of the movie and in the span of a couple days took out Imperial Stormtroopers like they were NOTHING! Had ZERO training flying in an X-Wing and somehow managed to be the ONLY dude to make it down the trench AND fire an impossible shot.

MARY SUE!!!!!!!!!!
Well put, man. This is all that needs said. Regardless of the reason given, the answer to where the issue rests is that Luke has a penis and Sabine does not. Without digging too deep in my memory, Luke is arguably the second biggest Mary Sue in the entire franchise, possibly the biggest if you consider what he accomplished as a whole vs what Rey accomplished. She defeated weaker versions of all the same enemies.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:10 PM 10-19-2023
I really really enjoyed this one! That villain line-up was balls.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Up