ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1149 of 2693
« First < 14964910491099113911451146114711481149 115011511152115311591199124916492149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:02 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Our good buddy Baldy has a bunch of these up today ... I don't know how many, to be honest.

All from the donk game. Various aspects of offensive play including the pre-snap motion, The Human Trebuchet's vision downfield, the donks trying to defend too many players downfield, etc.

It's worth cruising through his tweets today if you have the time. #BaldysBreakdowns

FAX
Agreed. Grab a bottle of lotion and a box of Kleenex and settle in.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:16 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed. Grab a bottle of lotion and a box of Kleenex and settle in.
Post 'em!
[Reply]
milkman 08:29 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I believe Nate Burleson reads CP he stole my Boogie Man reference he cited it to Aaron Rodgers and which I gave it to Tyreek 2 weeks before his appearance in the CBS Pregame Show.

He then used a Voltron name drop on GMF when he was talking about PMII this week while I suggested a Voltron themed video during the preseason
One moron stealing from another.
[Reply]
FAX 08:30 PM 10-06-2018
Oops. Our good buddy Baldy has turned evil.

Now he's breaking down the Chiefs defense. Says we're a bunch of lazy-ass pursuers and terrible tacklers.

Of course, our good buddy Baldy totally ignores the blatant hold and take-down right in the middle of the damn screen during the run play.

I believe I shall have a brief talking-to with our good buddy Baldy.

FAX
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:38 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Oops. Our good buddy Baldy has turned evil.

Now he's breaking down the Chiefs defense. Says we're a bunch of lazy-ass pursuers and terrible tacklers.

Of course, our good buddy Baldy totally ignores the blatant hold and take-down right in the middle of the damn screen during the run play.

I believe I shall have a brief talking-to with our good buddy Baldy.

FAX
I saw the one you’re talking about.

You’re both right. Yes, there was a block in the back. And yes, the backside pursuit was fucking embarrassing. 5th grade level stuff.

This defense is a lot more talented than they play like. They just don’t play aggressively. Soft. Think they can take it easy because the offense is so good.

That’s my POV at least.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:46 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
The NFL needs ratings to keep jacking up TV contracts. The current golden boys are either retired (Manning), or on the verge of retirement (Brady, Rothlesberger, Breese). The NFL needs a new golden boy to pump up and draw in higher ratings for the future. This franchise RAPED Buffalo to move up and get an actual legitimate franchise QB. I can't wait to see what this team can do with a respectable defense to go along with the offense.

https://youtu.be/yqBWDAV1jJk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:04 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by milkman:
One moron stealing from another.
Heh. So what do you think, Milk? Did we do it right this time? I believe so. One thing's for sure; watching the Chiefs offense is a hell of a lot more fun than it has been for a VERY long time.
I fully expected to watch growing pains and flashes of greatness, but not this. And, to read comments from other coaches and football minds in this league saying things to the effect of "don't bother thinking a seasons worth of tape is going to help your cause as a defensive coordinator against this kid"? Holy shite. When does that ever happen to the Chiefs?
It's just mind-blowing. I've given Reid HEAPS of shit about his offense and the "Chinese phone book" of plays, especially when you hire a limited game-manager to run it, and who can never fully implement it. But now I'm actually intrigued about what Mahomes could accomplish with it.
When you put two minds like that together, spearheaded by a generational talent???
Damn.

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

You’re both right. Yes, there was a block in the back. And yes, the backside pursuit was fucking embarrassing. 5th grade level stuff.

This defense is a lot more talented than they play like. They just don’t play aggressively. Soft. Think they can take it easy because the offense is so good.

That’s my POV at least.
Never thought of it that way because they've been playing like that beyond the first two seasons of Reid's arrival. It's very disappointing as a fan because the history of the Chiefs is a defensive history. And now that we have a true franchise QB, we need to do whatever it takes to get that approach, attitude, and philosophy back on track.
I don't care if it's an "offensive-minded league", or that you can't lay wood like you used to; this franchise plays its very best football when the defense is cutting heads and creating fear in the opponent.
When I first came here and began to learn the difference between a franchise QB and the never-ending parade of sad that KC had been trotting out for years, it was Milkman( see above )who first posted "give me a top 10 defense and a franchise QB" as his chosen formula for continued success.
Well, he was right then and he's right now. And the sooner we get our defensive identity back, the sooner we can get to work creating something very special that will stand the test of time.
[Reply]
FAX 10:28 PM 10-06-2018
Okay ... let's talk about that play (the one Baldy is making the big deal over regarding lack of "effort"). It's the 14-yard Freeman TD in the 2nd Quarter at 6:47. The Chiefs D had that play beat. I've watched it a dozen times so far.

We win that down. If, that is, #53 doesn't get held and literally tackled (he had the angle and the range) AND/OR if Dee Ford AND X. Williams aren't BOTH blocked in the back (both of those guys were in perfect position to make the tackle right at the LOS). It wasn't even close.

It had absolutely nothing to do with "effort" or lack thereof.

Ford does a good job of holding the edge. Parker overruns the play perhaps ... but you could also say he was handling the outside danger. Hitchens is wiped out by the WR coming across (never sees him ... biggest problem on the play Chiefs-wise). #87 does give up after getting blocked out of the play, but there's no way he could have gotten there anyhow. Ragland is literally tackled as he works down the line. Ford makes the tackle if he isn't clipped. Same with Williams who comes hard down the LOS with good angle and had the runner cold (read solid, pro-level "effort"). That's what happened.

Those fouls on the donks were egregious and blatant and obvious. Anyone who says otherwise is either biased or blind. Hell, based solely on the number of penalties that could have been called on the donks on that one play, it's a miracle they didn't give them two TDs.

Baldy picked the wrong clip in order to make his point.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:42 PM 10-06-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Damn everywhere is out of Mahomes shit unless you wear XX Large.
Man up and start eating.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 12:34 AM 10-07-2018
The closest full season to what Pat is doing

[Reply]
aturnis 02:10 AM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kid will be doing Bose commercials next season

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoVTxUZg...d=agh5ljyoscve
Needs to trade those wired monstrosities in for some tru wireless Jabra Elites.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:00 AM 10-07-2018
I saw a blurb on twitter yesterday where the Jags defenders were practicing running around covering receivers in scramble drills, while the QBs were trying to make throws back across the grain from left hashmark to right hashmark

I'm thinking you can practice against that but none of those scout QBs have Mahomes vision or velocity to make those throws. Whole different level
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:41 AM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I saw a blurb on twitter yesterday where the Jags defenders were practicing running around covering receivers in scramble drills, while the QBs were trying to make throws back across the grain from left hashmark to right hashmark

I'm thinking you can practice against that but none of those scout QBs have Mahomes vision or velocity to make those throws. Whole different level
Absolutely no way to really simulate that.

A few years back I made a thread on here about how the Chiefs could beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers as long as they kept him inside the pocket AND got a good pass rush. It sounded so simple in theory.

Then he ripped them a new asshole and threw 5 TD passes—inside or outside the pocket, whatever he needed. It was over in a hurry.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:46 AM 10-07-2018
Absolutely no way to really simulate that.

A few years back I made a thread on here about how the Chiefs could beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers as long as they kept him inside the pocket AND got a good pass rush. It sounded so simple in theory.

Then he ripped them a new asshole and threw 5 TD passes—inside or outside the pocket, whatever he needed. It was over in a hurry.
Let's hope Mr. Mahomes does the same thing to the Jags today
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:53 AM 10-07-2018

That’s my POV at least.
And as much as htismaqe wants to claim the defense is barely about Sutton, isn't that attitude 100% on Sutton?

Andy Reid has had great coordinators give him fantastic defenses. He lets the DCs do their jobs.

Sutton seems like he's not doing his job. If players are playing like pussies, it's his job to fix that.
[Reply]
Page 1149 of 2693
« First < 14964910491099113911451146114711481149 115011511152115311591199124916492149 > Last »
Up