ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry missed today's practice, back to Day-To-Day. Also Dorian O'Daniel Note
JakeF 03:10 PM 01-09-2019
Eric Berry misses Wednesday practice, in question for Saturday’s divisional

Guess who’s day to day again.

By Pete Sweeney Jan 9, 2019, 2:10pm CST
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...ivisional-game

Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is not practicing Wednesday, the second day of work as the team prepares to take on the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday afternoon in the AFC’s divisional round.

Berry missed practice on Friday, December 28, before he was eventually held out of the Chiefs’ final game of the season against the Oakland Raiders. Berry practiced limitedly to start this week on Tuesday, which many felt was a good sign, but he could not participate on Wednesday as he deals with his lingering heel injury.

“It’s difficult from the standpoint of he’s a real critical part of our team,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said when asked about the uncertainty surrounding the three-time All-Pro. “He’s an outstanding player. He’s one of our true leaders, the guys rally around him, so I think that part is always hard. You get caught up in different things in the season. But also, if you stick back for a second, you say, ‘Man, this is really hard on this guy, too, as a player. This is something he loves to do. He’s been really good at it, and as difficult as it is on us as a defensive unit or us as a team, I think for him, it’s really challenging.’

“So it’s just what it is. There’s not a lot you can do about it, and every week we’ve got our fingers crossed and hope that he can make it back and go. It’s truly—I know you guys get tired of hearing this—it really is a day to day to day thing here right now, the way it’s playing out. You just got to stay in there and go and figure out how to get other guys ready in case he can’t go.”

Berry was originally held out of the Chiefs’ first 13 games with what the team described as a sore heel, though reports, which have never been confirmed (nor denied) said Berry has what is called a “Haglund’s deformity.”

Berry eventually returned to the lineup to play 30 snaps Week 15 against the Los Angeles Chargers and played 69 snaps Week 16 against the Seattle Seahawks before what has appeared to be some sort of setback.

Sutton was asked Wednesday about who would replace Berry and linebacker Dorian O’Daniel, who hasn’t practiced at all this week, if they couldn’t play against the Colts.

Without Berry in a must-win game against the Raiders when it came to playoff home-field advantage, the safety snap count breakdown was as follows: Daniel Sorensen (63), Eric Murray (33), Jordan Lucas (32) and Ron Parker (6).

In the above breakdown, it is important to note that Sorensen and Lucas earned the start. Lucas suffered a stinger, and the Chiefs eventually removed starters in a 35-3 blowout.

It remains to be seen who the Chiefs start against the Colts if Berry cannot play once again.

A note on Dorian O’Daniel

#Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub on LB Dorian O’Daniel, who has missed two practices this week: “He’s a four-phase starter for us. He’s an important guy, so we’re keeping an eye on that one, pretty close.”

“I wouldn’t tell you,” he initially said with a smile. “We have to work guys in, obviously, and just see where guys are. The one good thing is you’re at the point of the season where if you do have to miss some reps and you get better toward to the end of the week, this is probably the time to do it. We just have to kind of roll guys through, which we try to do, anyway, but when you have a guy in question, you have to say, ‘OK,’ because that usually affects somebody else.

“Sometimes that affects special teams ... It’s going to affect Dave (Toub) and what he’s putting together, so you got to kind of stay on top of that as a total staff, too. But we just got to slide and we’ve got some different options, but we kind of have to wait and see where it’s at.”
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Play Berry until he snaps.

Then throw him in the dumpster.

I don't fucking care anymore. I'm done. He's not a part of the team. He hasn't been for two seasons. He's not coming back or playing like the guy we paid.

So just use what's left of him and be done.
This.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
It's too bad that there is really no way to find out if any of the other players are unhappy about this situation. These are the times when we REALLY need a good mole in that locker room.
Go listen to the Dee Ford interview on 610. Nobody on the team is mad about this and to think otherwise is incredibly stupid.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:23 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Go listen to the Dee Ford interview on 610. Nobody on the team is mad about this and to think otherwise is incredibly stupid.
Yeah because everyone knows the guys in that locker room are constantly talking about problems in the locker room to the media. :-)
[Reply]
Strongside 10:25 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah because everyone knows the guys in that locker room are constantly talking about problems in the locker room to the media. :-)
That interview was actually the most real interview I've heard a Chiefs player give in quite some time. Dee went into some pretty good detail about things you don't hear guys talk about a whole lot. Talked about money through a pretty honest lens. It was great.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:30 AM 01-10-2019
I said "reality" Marcellus, not Dee Ford giving a radio interview where there is no way in all of god's earth, hell, and all points in between that he would dare utter a disparaging remark against a team mate.

There may be resentments that aren't even being vocalized in private. Some guys might be carrying it inside and keeping their lips tight, talking only to other team mates who are not happy, and doing so far away from the facilities.

You never know.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:32 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
That interview was actually the most real interview I've heard a Chiefs player give in quite some time. Dee went into some pretty good detail about things you don't hear guys talk about a whole lot. Talked about money through a pretty honest lens. It was great.
I haven't heard it and cant seem to find it, but still no one is going to talk about locker room issues with Berry (if there are any) especially the guy thats trying to get a new contract.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 AM 01-10-2019
I said "reality" Marcellus, not Dee Ford giving a radio interview where there is no way in all of god's earth, hell, and all points in between that he would dare utter a disparaging remark against a team mate.

There may be resentments that aren't even being vocalized in private. Some guys might be carrying it inside and keeping their lips tight, talking only to other team mates who are not happy, and doing so far away from the facilities.

You never know.
You would think at least a few guys would be pissed about it. I know if I was Tyreek then Id be pissed. Tyreek is getting paid next to nothing. He plays a more valuable position then Berry and could be argued as the best WR in the league. He also played through injury even though hes getting paid peanuts.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:36 AM 01-10-2019
I guess I just don't understand the injury situation. They could've surgically repaired his Haglund's a long time ago. If that bone spur is causing him pain it isn't gonna magically stop.

If it's just a matter of playing through pain you do what you gotta do to minimize it and play in the playoffs right?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I guess I just don't understand the injury situation. They could've surgically repaired his Haglund's a long time ago. If that bone spur is causing him pain it isn't gonna magically stop.

If it's just a matter of playing through pain you do what you gotta do to minimize it and play in the playoffs right?
This is what happened in my view, he's likely had the issue for a long time. He's always tended to favor one side because of it..he blew the achillies on that side so now he's uncomfortable favoring it so now his heel is far more painful because of that.

He is thinking about his contract and how much of it he can see and he's prolonging any type of surgery that may require his other achillies to be unattached because a DB wtih 2 surgically redone achillies is probably done.

His decision making on the issue absolutely sucks for the team but I understand it's for business, he's going to make the Chiefs pay him as much of that deal as he can.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:53 AM 01-10-2019

You never know.
The reality is this, players don't think like fans, especially fans with the emotional capacity of a 13 year old girl.

Do the players want him out there? Hell yea.

But if you think the other players on the team think Eric BErry is soft you are clueless as fuck.

Have you seen a single ex NFL player make a single remark about Berry's character on social media, on TV, or on the radio?

I know you have not because I haven't and I listen to, read, and watch as much NFL stuff as you do I am certain. Most likely more.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:57 AM 01-10-2019
You would think at least a few guys would be pissed about it. I know if I was Tyreek then Id be pissed. Tyreek is getting paid next to nothing. He plays a more valuable position then Berry and could be argued as the best WR in the league. He also played through injury even though hes getting paid peanuts.
Who is he supposed to be pissed at? You really think the players think Berry is being a pussy? You actually think that?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:02 AM 01-10-2019
I haven't heard it and cant seem to find it, but still no one is going to talk about locker room issues with Berry (if there are any) especially the guy thats trying to get a new contract.
Oh shit; and a contract year to boot? :-). Here it is. And yeah, he's a regular TMZ in this interview, that Dee Ford!

https://610sports.radio.com/media/au...ring-criticism

I would think some guys would be pissed because they know how valuable he is when he's on his game and running the defense. I mean, the D has been pure dog shit for the most part this year and ANY advantage, ANY help at all could be the difference between continuing on in the playoffs or going home early.
In the past, this wasn't much the case but now that they have this prolific, killer offense and QB, I'm sure those dudes are antsy as fuck when the team gets in situations where the defense needs to come through and get a stop.
And not having Berry out there becomes a bowling ball on the scale as opposed to a pebble during Smiff's tenure.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 01-10-2019
Who is he supposed to be pissed at? You really think the players think Berry is being a pussy? You actually think that?
How do you know that there aren't players that maybe are upset with Berry for not playing? You talking in absolutes is just as retarded as anybody else doing it.
[Reply]
EyePod 11:04 AM 01-10-2019
The Steeler's locker room is willing to talk about how Antonio Brown fucked up everything.

That's the thing, EB doesn't seem like he's just out partying. He's still on the sideline every game, helping the team, talking to players.

I hate to see him hurt like this though.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:05 AM 01-10-2019
The reality is this, players don't think like fans, especially fans with the emotional capacity of a 13 year old girl.

Do the players want him out there? Hell yea.

But if you think the other players on the team think Eric BErry is soft you are clueless as fuck.

Have you seen a single ex NFL player make a single remark about Berry's character on social media, on TV, or on the radio?

I know you have not because I haven't and I listen to, read, and watch as much NFL stuff as you do I am certain. Most likely more.
I don't think anyone who beats cancer is "soft", but I also don't believe that Berry's "eye of the tiger" is what it used to be, either.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up