ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 54
« First < 3434950515253 54 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
New World Order 01:57 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Some pre game day thoughts from a Colts fan.

I predicted a 14 point Chiefs win earlier in the week and that’s pretty much what I still think.

I think if Alex Smith were still at quarterback, I’d be confident in a Colts win but I fear Mahomes will be to much for our defense to handle. He’s a different animal from anything they’ve seen yet this season.

I think we will score plenty, I just don’t think we will get enough stops.

Any weather issues will affect both offenses pretty much equally.
Wait, you're a...

Colts fan?

I feel betrayed
[Reply]
FAX 01:58 PM 01-11-2019
Yes. I think our offensive line will play well in any weather. And Mack has been coming on strong lately.
It could well be a factor, Mr. Hoopsdoc. I won't dispute that.

There are a few things that most of the pundits (and particularly Colts fans) seem to overlook, however. (Based on what I've seen on SM, YT, IG, etc.)

Thing #1 is how well the Chiefs defense plays at home vs. away. If you actually watch the games, the difference is stark.

Thing #2 is how the games we've played have actually unfolded (a factor that skews overall defensive stats down significantly). We often play with a lead and the defense plays a soft, bendable D that leads to cheap opponent yards. I'm not ignoring the talent issues we have in the back end and at ILB, but facts is facts, nonetheless.

Thing #3 is that the quality of the Colts' recent run is exaggerated by the level of their competition.

Thing #4 is that the Colts' defense isn't (and cannot be) ready to compete with this offense ... because nobody (including the Pats, Rams, Donks, etc.) has been prepared. Our away losses have been shootouts and our 1 home loss was a total collapse in on-field, defensive communication. That's unlikely to happen a second time.

Thing #5 is intriguing to me because the pundits love your o-line so much, they ignore the fact that there are some very young players in critical positions. You can fully expect the Arrowhead crowd to have an adverse effect on their performance.

Sorry, man. It's just the way it is this year.

FAX
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:59 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Wait, you're a...

Colts fan?

I feel betrayed
"But Ford, all we wanted was to be held!"

"You got the bonus plan."
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:05 PM 01-11-2019
https://youtu.be/S22EJ3OsEnc
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:05 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"But Ford, all we wanted was to be held!"

"You got the bonus plan."
The Dice Clay references never get old..hickory dickory dock.... :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:12 PM 01-11-2019
Chiefs SOS 10, Colts SOS 29

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...ength-by-other
[Reply]
FAX 02:21 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Chiefs SOS 10, Colts SOS 29

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ran...ength-by-other
Take out the last Faider game and we go to 4th and (using that same date) Indy goes to 31st.

FAX
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:23 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Take out the last Faider game and we go to 4th and (using that same date) Indy goes to 31st.

FAX
Shhhh you're helping ruin the media narrative this week that the Colts are by far the best team in football. Hell it's pretty much whoever is playing the Chiefs is suddenly a top team in the NFL.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:30 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
It could well be a factor, Mr. Hoopsdoc. I won't dispute that.

There are a few things that most of the pundits (and particularly Colts fans) seem to overlook, however. (Based on what I've seen on SM, YT, IG, etc.)

Thing #1 is how well the Chiefs defense plays at home vs. away. If you actually watch the games, the difference is stark.

Thing #2 is how the games we've played have actually unfolded (a factor that skews overall defensive stats down significantly). We often play with a lead and the defense plays a soft, bendable D that leads to cheap opponent yards. I'm not ignoring the talent issues we have in the back end and at ILB, but facts is facts, nonetheless.

Thing #3 is that the quality of the Colts' recent run is exaggerated by the level of their competition.

Thing #4 is that the Colts' defense isn't (and cannot be) ready to compete with this offense ... because nobody (including the Pats, Rams, Donks, etc.) has been prepared. Our away losses have been shootouts and our 1 home loss was a total collapse in on-field, defensive communication. That's unlikely to happen a second time.

Thing #5 is intriguing to me because the pundits love your o-line so much, they ignore the fact that there are some very young players in critical positions. You can fully expect the Arrowhead crowd to have an adverse effect on their performance.

Sorry, man. It's just the way it is this year.

FAX
All valid points.

I’ll be interested in seeing if Eberflus mixes in more man tomorrow. They’re painfully aware I’m sure of the way Pat rapes zones. The problem with that, of course, is that they more than likely will suck at playing man, if for no other reason than they haven’t played it much. Moore and Desir were the stars of the Texans game, they completely bracketed Hopkins, but that was with safety help. They’ll be on their own tomorrow, with Hooker and Geathers worrying about Kelce. That’s not a good matchup for us. Hill will run circles around them if they’re not careful.

One thing they did against Houston was blitz from a lot of different angles. Safeties, corners, and linebackers. But that only worked because Watson is completely unable to recognize when the blitz is coming. I don’t think that will work against Mahomes.
[Reply]
bowener 02:51 PM 01-11-2019
All valid points.

I’ll be interested in seeing if Eberflus mixes in more man tomorrow. They’re painfully aware I’m sure of the way Pat rapes zones. The problem with that, of course, is that they more than likely will suck at playing man, if for no other reason than they haven’t played it much. Moore and Desir were the stars of the Texans game, they completely bracketed Hopkins, but that was with safety help. They’ll be on their own tomorrow, with Hooker and Geathers worrying about Kelce. That’s not a good matchup for us. Hill will run circles around them if they’re not careful.

One thing they did against Houston was blitz from a lot of different angles. Safeties, corners, and linebackers. But that only worked because Watson is completely unable to recognize when the blitz is coming. I don’t think that will work against Mahomes.
I may be quite wrong, but I think man is more difficult in inclement weather since changing direction quickly is more difficult. I think that Hill is going to have a career day tomorrow. Kelce is going to be used to try and break the cover two all game by running seams and intermediate routes in the middle of the field. Tyreek is going to blow past his man and the safety over the top is going to be out of position on more than one occasion.
[Reply]
FAX 02:55 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I may be quite wrong, but I think man is more difficult in inclement weather since changing direction quickly is more difficult. I think that Hill is going to have a career day tomorrow. Kelce is going to be used to try and break the cover two all game by running seams and intermediate routes in the middle of the field. Tyreek is going to blow past his man and the safety over the top is going to be out of position on more than one occasion.
You're not wrong. Actually, the only hope the Colts' defense has in this game is to stick with their zone (which they know) and try to disguise pressure (ala the Donks). They don't have the horses to rush, so they'll probably have to bring somebody from the d-backfield.

That's not going to work, either. In fact, Wally can hope that's their plan.

FAX
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:23 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I suspect we’ll see the old Manning defense. No matter what, allow NOTHING over the top, bracket the deep middle, and try to force Mahomes to dink and dunk his way down the field, hoping for a mistake.

That lends itself to a time of possession game, which we played against Houston.

Of course, with Hill, Kelce, and Watkins, you still have to make the tackles.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:25 PM 01-11-2019
I suspect we’ll see the old Manning defense. No matter what, allow NOTHING over the top, bracket the deep middle, and try to force Mahomes to dink and dunk his way down the field, hoping for a mistake.

That lends itself to a time of possession game, which we played against Houston.

Of course, with Hill, Kelce, and Watkins, you still have to make the tackles.
Good luck with that
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 01-11-2019
The only defenses that really slowed down the Chiefs played majority man defense. I'm not going to belittle the Colts but I just don't see how a zone, especially cover 2, is going to work against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:54 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only defenses that really slowed down the Chiefs played majority man defense. I'm not going to belittle the Colts but I just don't see how a zone, especially cover 2, is going to work against the Chiefs.
Evidently, the worst rated D. at covering tightends and who have played one of the creamiest cream puff schedules in the NFL- don't even need to practice to come into Arrowhead and beat the #1 Offense. They are that fucking good!!!
[Reply]
Page 53 of 54
« First < 3434950515253 54 >
Up