ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 54
« First < 414748495051 525354 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
Rivaldo 10:24 PM 01-08-2019

With fate at stake, Boy, ya gotta be harsher on the opponent.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:43 AM 01-09-2019
The Texans came into the year with the #1 easiest schedule in the NFL...the only reason the Colts didn't win the division is their slow start. Houston looked terrible...and their game plan was straight shit. They will never win anything of importance with BOB as their HC...KC blanked "BOB" 30-0 in a past WC game in that stadium.

Colts schedule rivals the Texans as the easiest of all 32 teams....their run of wins came against opponents with around a collective .450 win percentage. They didn't play a top 10 offense nor a top 15 team in sacks during that streak. Those two, in combination, will pad your statistics.

A lot of pundits will simply go off numbers when forming an opinion...but all things are not even. There are a few other teams that would likely be in the play-off with that type of competition over an 2 1/2 month stretch. I still cant get past the Colts losing to the Jags 6-0....this was a 5-11 team. That should never happen with Andrew Luck at QB...not even a FG against Blake Bortles? That tells me they arent quite there yet...They drew Houston...who in any other season wouldn't have been in the play-offs. They had an almost identical string of wins like the Colts due to the schedule playing out like it did.

Texans had a 9-0 streak and the Colts had a 10-1 streak playing the easiest schedules in the NFL...see a pattern?

Luck is pretty much the reason they are in the Divisional round...but their streak of beating sub .500 teams has ended.

I watched the Dallas recap...essentially the Cowboys had a FG blocked then their FB dropped an easy walk-in TD early in the game. They also whiffed on numerous tackles that led to big gains. They weren't "man-handled" as the score indicates.

I really dont see them hanging with KC for 4 quarters on the road...unless the officials intervene.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:10 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Oxford:
In looking at Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Colts/Texans, he shows that the Colts played their safeties deep and they back pedaled at the snap to stop the deep ball (a Tampa 2).

Since its a zone, they will close and tackle rather than contest, and as the field shrinks they will have to cover less and less. The Colts have not been good against TE's this year, but how can you beat this deep? Run against it? If the safety's never close to the line, then play action would only work to freeze the LB's.

I'm curious... any OC's out there?
Kelce will chunk yards all day, but I think that Hill will crush them in space.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:12 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That was fantastic.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:15 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The Texans came into the year with the #1 easiest schedule in the NFL...the only reason the Colts didn't win the division is their slow start. Houston looked terrible...and their game plan was straight shit. They will never win anything of importance with BOB as their HC...KC blanked "BOB" 30-0 in a past WC game in that stadium.

Colts schedule rivals the Texans as the easiest of all 32 teams....their run of wins came against opponents with around a collective .450 win percentage. They didn't play a top 10 offense nor a top 15 team in sacks during that streak. Those two, in combination, will pad your statistics.

A lot of pundits will simply go off numbers when forming an opinion...but all things are not even. There are a few other teams that would likely be in the play-off with that type of competition over an 2 1/2 month stretch. I still cant get past the Colts losing to the Jags 6-0....this was a 5-11 team. That should never happen with Andrew Luck at QB...not even a FG against Blake Bortles? That tells me they arent quite there yet...They drew Houston...who in any other season wouldn't have been in the play-offs. They had an almost identical string of wins like the Colts due to the schedule playing out like it did.

Texans had a 9-0 streak and the Colts had a 10-1 streak playing the easiest schedules in the NFL...see a pattern?

Luck is pretty much the reason they are in the Divisional round...but their streak of beating sub .500 teams has ended.

I watched the Dallas recap...essentially the Cowboys had a FG blocked then their FB dropped an easy walk-in TD early in the game. They also whiffed on numerous tackles that led to big gains. They weren't "man-handled" as the score indicates.

I really dont see them hanging with KC for 4 quarters on the road...unless the officials intervene.
I 100% agree that the Chiefs are better on paper. I have never been more confident going into the playoffs than I have this year.

I also worry that I'm delusional. If we lose at the last second because of a bullshit fumble/pass to himself, I don't know what I'll do. I mean, other than drink a bunch more beer.

But we should control this team.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:34 PM 01-09-2019
https://youtu.be/thIpCuJyEM0
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It will require patience from Mahomes and Reid, but with the guys KC has at playmaker positions, the Colts will have the challenge of tackling them in the open field a lot. Also, the intermediate parts of the field can be extremely vulnerable. It’ll be pretty easy for Reid to scheme up holes in their zones.
Yep. Reek in the open field is a bad matchup for pretty much every defender in the NFL. And Kelce will tear them up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
Kelce will chunk yards all day, but I think that Hill will crush them in space.
He'll just outrun them. It's not even that he's shifty or anything like that - he just turns it on and blows by them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:02 AM 01-10-2019
https://youtu.be/ZEYv12VdjF4
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:06 AM 01-10-2019
You also have to take into account that the media really REALLY wants Andrew Luck to be one of the greatest of all time. The shoulder injury made them look foolish, now there's a chance they can grab headlines and shift narratives to where he's the messiah the NFL needed for the future like when he was first drafted.
[Reply]
EyePod 10:52 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
You also have to take into account that the media really REALLY wants Andrew Luck to be one of the greatest of all time. The shoulder injury made them look foolish, now there's a chance they can grab headlines and shift narratives to where he's the messiah the NFL needed for the future like when he was first drafted.
Eh, Luck is a top 10 QB easy, in the discussion for top 5. It's not that surprising.
[Reply]
EyePod 11:02 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He'll just outrun them. It's not even that he's shifty or anything like that - he just turns it on and blows by them.
I think his acceleration is the issue. He gets near top speed much quicker than most, and the top speed is already one of the top in the league.
[Reply]
Yehoodi 11:03 AM 01-10-2019
Good luck in the game on Saturday.

I am looking forward to the game. Should be a good game.

If the Chief keeps things rolling the team should be able to handle Indy without too much trouble.

Some caveats. Luck should not be intimidated by the moment and is playing solid. The colts are on a roll and are not the same 1-5 team of earlier in the season. The OL is solid as well as the RB.

The colts D is not as weak as some may think.

The Chiefs just need to hold serve and Mahomes stay within himself and keep things going as he has all season.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:21 PM 01-10-2019
PFF preview of the game.

https://youtu.be/hC3hGyy_60M
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:48 PM 01-10-2019
Its so weird to me that all of these shows spend the whole time blowing the Colts and then at the very end...pick the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 54
« First < 414748495051 525354 >
Up