ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 42
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
notorious 06:00 PM 12-28-2018
Eric would be stupid to do anything than what he’s been doing. Drag this out, avoid major injury, make that money.

He will become a free agent, have full-health, and sign another major contract with another team.

He’s playing this perfectly, and I don’t blame him.

Clark performed a complete abortion with this deal. That’s who to blame. Fucking horrendous judgment.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:00 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I think they diagnosed it pretty late tbh, and hoped that he could play through it this year and then get it done next offseason.
I don't believe for a second this wasn't already a known issue. The exact same foot was bothering him a year ago. The diagnosis may have become public only recently, but this was already a known issue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:02 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Eric would be stupid to do anything than what he’s been doing. Drag this out, avoid major injury, make that money.

He will become a free agent, have full-health, and sign another major contract with another team.

Clark performed a complete abortion with this deal. That’s who to blame. Fucking horrendous judgment.
:-) No he won't.
[Reply]
notorious 06:03 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
:-) No he won't.
We shall see.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 06:09 PM 12-28-2018
Berry should retire. He's not helping at this point by taking up roster space.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:09 PM 12-28-2018
No one is signing Eric Berry for significant money or a long term
deal. Absolutely no one.

Which is exactly why the Chiefs should tell him to take a pay cut or get cut.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:13 PM 12-28-2018
Eric Berry has the upper hand

He doesn't have to do shit, but the Chiefs do have to keep paying him

why would anyone retire or re-negotiate themselves out of such tremendous leverage over an employer?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:14 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:

Clark performed a complete abortion with this deal. That’s who to blame. ****ing horrendous judgment.
Turning 30
Cancer
Torn ACL
Torn Achilles
Other Achilles issue

This won’t end well. Look at what having major problems with both Achilles did to Derrick Johnson?

Your body doesn’t get healthier in this league.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:17 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

why would anyone retire or re-negotiate themselves out of such tremendous leverage over an employer?
But according to CP Berry is this great guy who leads by example. In fact all he is is just another greedy piece of shit athlete who only cares about himself. He will keep taking money that he doesn't deserve like the asshole douche he is.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:18 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

Ehh, he’s still got some to lose. The Chiefs can release him anytime they want after this season. It’s not very ideal, but they can gain cap space regardless. If they feel like he’s not going to be an on-field contributor, I’m sure they will move on.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:18 PM 12-28-2018
Worst contract since Cassel
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:25 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Berry is around for at least one more year. They need to just shut him down at this point and get surgery done.
If his contract precludes the team from cutting him while injured, then yeah... thats the only reasonable thing to do at this point
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:32 PM 12-28-2018
No more bullshit excuses for this team... if Eric Berry is not available to play on Sunday, Andy Reid better still have this team in a must-win mindset to clinch the #1 seed.

If the plan was to be conservative with playing injured players vs. Seattle, and skip ahead to the Raiders game as the must-win game, then there are no excuses allowed.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:37 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Meh, those threads were all cluster****s and I'm not about to go digging through them for a gotcha moment. Apparently I remember it differently but it's not worth a fight to the death.
I was agreeing with you, people including me thought the contract was too much.
[Reply]
threebag 06:59 PM 12-28-2018
Looks like Haglunds pulls away this weekend

Haglunds 15.6

Eric 29 Berry 1.4
[Reply]
Page 13 of 42
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up