ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
007 12:56 AM 04-04-2019
I'll wait for this to go to DVD based on the mixed reviews on here.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:31 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I'll wait for this to go to DVD based on the mixed reviews on here.
Wow. You Wahmen hater :-):-):-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:54 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
No worries.... We're officially at the crazy comics/MCU point of defining powers... But in the comics, Spiderman would just straight destroy Iron Man. Hands down. Spiderman was my #1 favorite comic back in the day. I read all of them. He was intentionally a complete nerd with the ability to lift 45 tons. He was much stronger than the MCU ever comes close to portraying. With like almost time-stopping spidey sense ability to avoid any incoming projectile.

You.. I like you, buddy.

The way I see it, if Spider-Man is prime Mike Tyson, Cap, Bucky, and Black Panther are 8 year olds with a shield, metal arm and a bulletproof suit. If these guys are being written/portrayed at their fullest potential, Spider-Man would literally be able to fight (and beat) all three of them at the same time with little difficulty.

The Hulk would be The Mountain (from Game of Thrones) lol

Thor would be The Mountain with a handgun.
[Reply]
Sully 11:21 AM 04-04-2019
No worries.... We're officially at the crazy comics/MCU point of defining powers... But in the comics, Spiderman would just straight destroy Iron Man. Hands down. Spiderman was my #1 favorite comic back in the day. I read all of them. He was intentionally a complete nerd with the ability to lift 45 tons. He was much stronger than the MCU ever comes close to portraying. With like almost time-stopping spidey sense ability to avoid any incoming projectile.
I am currently, in my 40s, going through my nerdy comic book phase. I got a subscription to Marvel unlimited, and have been just churning through older comics at a crazy pace. The hard part is to know what to read, where to start, what threads to pull. Because stuff goes in so many crazy directions. but I love it so much, and am learning so much i didn't know. i didn't ever know Spiderman was that strong. i really didn't even know the extent of Hulk's strength. So many connections to groups I had no idea about. it really is a fun time discovering all this shit that people like you have known for decades.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:20 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
I am currently, in my 40s, going through my nerdy comic book phase. I got a subscription to Marvel unlimited, and have been just churning through older comics at a crazy pace. The hard part is to know what to read, where to start, what threads to pull. Because stuff goes in so many crazy directions. but I love it so much, and am learning so much i didn't know. i didn't ever know Spiderman was that strong. i really didn't even know the extent of Hulk's strength. So many connections to groups I had no idea about. it really is a fun time discovering all this shit that people like you have known for decades.
I was never a comic book guy - love the movies, just never got into comics as a kid. I was more a baseball card collector. But, I've thought about getting the Marvel Unlimited to read through some and seeing what I'm missing because I know I'm missing a ton.
[Reply]
Sully 12:23 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I was never a comic book guy - love the movies, just never got into comics as a kid. I was more a baseball card collector. But, I've thought about getting the Marvel Unlimited to read through some and seeing what I'm missing because I know I'm missing a ton.
To me it's been totally worth it. I initially was concerned about spending almost what I spend on Netflix to read comic books, but really I get as much or more enjoyment out of it as I do Netflix.
I also enjoyed watching Capt Marvel with my daughter a few weeks ago, and when she would whisper to me about the cat, I would whisper back, "It's not a cat, it's a Flerken," and watch her look at me with incredulousness.
[Reply]
Fish 12:50 PM 04-04-2019
Comics are pretty convenient these days, since you can purchase them in digital format. There's subscription services you can get too. Or if you're a pirate, you can find pretty much every comic ever made fairly easily. I use an app called ComicRack which organizes all the comics and let's you navigate and read them. At that point, I'd suggest looking up some comics sites for recommendations on what order to read them in. Because that can get super confusing. Comic runs are structured weirdly, and there's a huge web of interconnectivity between the comics and characters that gets real complicated. Like if you want to read the full Infinity War comic series, you end up reading The Infinity War run plus parts of New Avengers run plus parts of Avengers run.
[Reply]
Sully 12:57 PM 04-04-2019
Comics are pretty convenient these days, since you can purchase them in digital format. There's subscription services you can get too. Or if you're a pirate, you can find pretty much every comic ever made fairly easily. I use an app called ComicRack which organizes all the comics and let's you navigate and read them. At that point, I'd suggest looking up some comics sites for recommendations on what order to read them in. Because that can get super confusing. Comic runs are structured weirdly, and there's a huge web of interconnectivity between the comics and characters that gets real complicated. Like if you want to read the full Infinity War comic series, you end up reading The Infinity War run plus parts of New Avengers run plus parts of Avengers run.
Marvel Unlimited, I think, does a pretty good job of ordering them like that. I read through Civil War, and it spanned about 10 different actual series, and if you looked in the right place, MU had it where as you finished one, it took you to the appropriate next issue that it was important to read. However, i found out not all sites agreed, and was looking at an ordered list on another site that was taking me in a different direction. It does get confusing, though.
[Reply]
007 09:52 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Wow. You Wahmen hater :-):-):-)
:-)

Nope, just doesn't look that good to me. Definitely does not come off as a got a see it movie.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:56 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
:-)

Nope, just doesn't look that good to me. Definitely does not come off as a got a see it movie.
:-) I'm just messing with ya. I was never going to go see it at all until my best friend asked me to go see it. Go in with low expectations when you buy it and you'll enjoy it, maybe. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:48 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
To me it's been totally worth it. I initially was concerned about spending almost what I spend on Netflix to read comic books, but really I get as much or more enjoyment out of it as I do Netflix.
I also enjoyed watching Capt Marvel with my daughter a few weeks ago, and when she would whisper to me about the cat, I would whisper back, "It's not a cat, it's a Flerken," and watch her look at me with incredulousness.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out for a month.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:59 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Actually, he really did come out on top. He put Bucky out of commission and beat Cap's ass. He only ended up 'losing' because he got distracted. Kind of like a Red Viper vs The Mountain situation.
Perfect example. It was obvious he could have killed Cap.

"Stay down. Last warning"

The final blow could have been delivered there. His love for Cap (and his father) kept him from delivering the final blow. He gave Cap multiple chances to yield, and in one of those chances Cap finally got the opportunity to use his shield to neutralize Tony.

I thought they put Iron Man in the perfect (I.E. his worst) conditions for a fight.

He was in a tiny area, had a damaged suit, was emotionally compromised, and against two people who excel at short distanced, hand to hand combat.

It's a similar reach as some of Game of Thrones decisions in say, Battle of the Bastards or a lot of Season 7, but for the sake of excellent cinema/television, I'll live with it.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:27 PM 04-09-2019
I was thinking today, it's too bad Jennifer Lawrence was stuck playing Mystique, because she would have made a good Captain Marvel. I think she's kind of overrated as an actor (or at least was when she was getting nominated for Oscars every year) but I think she would have been a better fit for what they seemed to be going for.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:25 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I was thinking today, it's too bad Jennifer Lawrence was stuck playing Mystique, because she would have made a good Captain Marvel. I think she's kind of overrated as an actor (or at least was when she was getting nominated for Oscars every year) but I think she would have been a better fit for what they seemed to be going for.
:-) Perhaps. Isn't her life kind of out of sorts or something. But I guess you can say that about any movie star.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:33 PM 04-17-2019
Brie Larson haters will love this. Hilarious

@etnow: Brie Larson had the BEST clapback at Chris Hemsworth when he implied she did all her own stunts because she wanted to be the next Tom Cruise. Do not come at her. #AvengersEndgame https://twitter.com/etnow/status/111...556928/video/1

@ilRetroBambino: Brie Larson & Tom Cruise doing their own stunts... https://twitter.com/ilRetroBambino/s...429312/video/1
[Reply]
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Up