ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Frazod 03:48 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe if she could act well enough to carry a blockbuster. But she can't.

And Gadot IS Wonder Woman now. No question about that. Regardless of what or who anybody might have wanted, she owned the role and now she embodies it.
Oh yeah, acting ability is important in an overwrought live action cartoon. Too bad Meryl Streep wasn't available to play Wonder Woman. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Gina Carano should have been Wonder Woman. Period. The End.

Sorry, but this is what the character SHOULD look like. And not just because she has a great rack - but because she looks like what an Amazon should look like.

Would you want a mousy Superman?

:-)
I'm not gonna say that Gadot has spectacular acting chops or anything but she's a TON better than Gina Carano.

You cast Carano in that movie and it would've absolutely tanked. She couldn't even manage to play (essentially) herself worth a damn in Deadpool and in a Fast and Furious movie she still managed to look out of her element. She got blown off the screen by Vin Diesel, FFS...

This isn't about needing an Oscar caliber performance - but you can't have someone that friggen terrible carrying a $100 million marvel property.

I think Marvel made a weird call (made even stranger by the fact that Gadot's accent was so uncoachable that they had to make all the other Amazonians speak with that weird caricature of a vaguely Russian accent to make it 'part of the character'), but Carano would've been an even worse one and ultimately Gadot's done a nice job with the part.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:06 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not gonna say that Gadot has spectacular acting chops or anything but she's a TON better than Gina Carano.

You cast Carano in that movie and it would've absolutely tanked. She couldn't even manage to play (essentially) herself worth a damn in Deadpool and in a Fast and Furious movie she still managed to look out of her element. She got blown off the screen by Vin Diesel, FFS...

This isn't about needing an Oscar caliber performance - but you can't have someone that friggen terrible carrying a $100 million marvel property.

I think Marvel made a weird call (made even stranger by the fact that Gadot's accent was so uncoachable that they had to make all the other Amazonians speak with that weird caricature of a vaguely Russian accent to make it 'part of the character'), but Carano would've been an even worse one and ultimately Gadot's done a nice job with the part.
Arnold Schwarzenegger says hello.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:11 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Wonder Woman is DC, not Marvel. nerdrage.gif
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:50 PM 02-21-2019
And Gadot IS Wonder Woman now. No question about that.
We have a difference of opinion as to the IS of Wonder Woman.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:01 PM 02-21-2019
This movie is shitty and women are annoying and not funny.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:12 PM 02-21-2019
Oh yeah, acting ability is important in an overwrought live action cartoon. Too bad Meryl Streep wasn't available to play Wonder Woman. :-)
Not sure what you're trying to argue here. This isn't the 70s. Marvel and DC have both taken their properties really seriously, actors and directors, since they started this push into mainstream movies. Nearly everybody is A-list at this point. Carano was fine for something like a secondary villain role in Deadpool, but there's no way she could've carried a tentpole spring/summer movie on her own.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:42 PM 02-21-2019
Not sure what you're trying to argue here. This isn't the 70s. Marvel and DC have both taken their properties really seriously, actors and directors, since they started this push into mainstream movies. Nearly everybody is A-list at this point. Carano was fine for something like a secondary villain role in Deadpool, but there's no way she could've carried a tentpole spring/summer movie on her own.
I think she'd have done just fine. Obviously there's no way of knowing for sure. These movies are popular primarily because of the CGI and action scenes, not the actors displaying their alleged chops between CGI action scenes. Seriously, how many of the stars of these films are truly talented actors when you take all that shit away? It's not like everybody is Robert Downey Jr.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:43 PM 02-21-2019
Gal Gadot mostly kept her mouth shut. That seems to be the problem here: BL has the audacity to use her visibility as a platform. And some folks HATE when celebrities do that, unless the celeb is saying something they like.

It was still the same kind of shit in other ways, though. Instead of making fun of pics of Brie Larson's ass, dudes were complaining that Gal didn't have the right body for Wonder Woman (read: her boobs were too small).

Gal had also already shown up in BvS and basically stole the show, so there was something there upon which to base cautiously optimistic expectations. Well, that and Patty Jenkins. Whereas I don't even know who directed CM.
Gotcha....I remember the Gal is too skinny stuff/boobs but she definitely owned it. I'm hoping this movie does great cause CM is a badass. I just think people should give the movie a chance. There are assholes already flooding the Rotten Tomatoes Audience 'want to see' at a ridiculous 55%. No doubt people will try to butcher the audience score when released.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:55 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Gotcha....I remember the Gal is too skinny stuff/boobs but she definitely owned it. I'm hoping this movie does great cause CM is a badass. I just think people should give the movie a chance. There are assholes already flooding the Rotten Tomatoes Audience 'want to see' at a ridiculous 55%. No doubt people will try to butcher the audience score when released.

The star wants to make this movie a feminist battle cry, and basically demands that women take mens' jobs, and your mind is so twisted that you think the assholes in the scenario are the people who've gotten turned off enough by that that they don't want to see the movie?

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:59 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
And, as for reviews, are you ****ing kidding me?

Originally Posted by :
Some initial #CaptainMarvel reactions:

1. Cat people will love this movie.
2. Several truly magnificent music moments for this 90s kid.
3. Carol’s hero moment was very cathartic/true to the female experience, imho.
4. The MCU feels more complete now that Carol is in it. ♥️

— Kayti Burt (@kaytiburt)
https://twitter.com/kaytiburt/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
[Reply]
Frazod 11:02 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The star wants to make this movie a feminist battle cry, and basically demands that women take mens' jobs, and your mind is so twisted that you think the assholes in the scenario are the people who've gotten turned off enough by that that they don't want to see the movie?

You can't even trust the consensus of reviewers anymore because so many of them are just agenda drivers. Maybe it will be good; hell, the trailer doesn't look bad or anything. But I'm not going to go see it on the word of some raging feminist reviewer who'd just as soon see me castrated because I'm a man as say hello to me.

And for the record, my favorite sci-fi action movie is Aliens. I had no problem with strong female leads decades before legions of screeching twats demanded that I have no problem with strong female leads.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:05 PM 02-21-2019
You can't even trust the consensus of reviewers anymore because so many of them are just agenda drivers. Maybe it will be good; hell, the trailer doesn't look bad or anything. But I'm not going to go see it on the word of some raging feminist reviewer who'd just as soon see me castrated because I'm a man as say hello to me.

And for the record, my favorite sci-fi action movie is Aliens. I had no problem with strong female leads decades before legions of screeching twats demanded that I have no problem with strong female leads.
Terminator 2

Sarah Connor
[Reply]
Frazod 11:06 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Terminator 2

Sarah Connor
Yeah, that's right up there, too.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:14 PM 02-21-2019
Gina Carano should have been Wonder Woman. Period. The End.

Sorry, but this is what the character SHOULD look like. And not just because she has a great rack - but because she looks like what an Amazon should look like.

Would you want a mousy Superman?

Ah, the Nickleback of action actresses.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up